(miss)understood NYC locations - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 28th June 2010, 07:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

(miss)understood NYC locations

I think there may have been a thread about this a long time ago, but does anyone have info on where Ayu did shoots in NYC during the (miss)understood era? I think ( i may be wrong) that there was a magazine article with Ayu in front of apartments and it said where the location was. ANy info is appreaciated!
Old 28th June 2010, 08:16 PM
Naturally Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
I think there may have been a thread about this a long time ago, but does anyone have info on where Ayu did shoots in NYC during the (miss)understood era? I think ( i may be wrong) that there was a magazine article with Ayu in front of apartments and it said where the location was. ANy info is appreaciated!
Ahh! I think I know the shoot you're referring to! It was with a red balloon I think and Ayu was outside the apartment that is the exterior of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City! That's called Bleecker Street!

One place was Magnolia cafe in New York City; that is also on Bleecker Street

Last edited by AngelSenshi; 28th June 2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 29th June 2010, 01:29 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I'll be in NY in a week or two. I think I may pay a visit to that area!! ^_^

It's been a really long time. How have you been? I've been really busy being dead. You know...after you murdered me? Okay look, we both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we should put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.
Old 29th June 2010, 02:56 AM
Rule Protector

She pretty much went all over the city when she went there in 2005, the magazine you're thinking of must be ViVi January 2006. Link.

In that she went to 5th avenue, Times Square, Flatiron district, Union Square and The Village and SoHo area with Bleecker St. and the Magnolia Bakery (Bleecker and 11th). The red balloon picture actually wasn't taken on Bleecker but on Perry Street, at 78 like you can see on the picture. It's one block down from the Magnolia Bakery, in between Bleecker and 4th street. I noticed this one day when I was walking on 4th and looked down Perry, I was like "wait a minute.." This isn't where Carrie's apartment exterior was filmed though, that was all the way up on east 72nd street on the Upper East Side.

For the 2 PVs she shot there, Pride was filmed under the overpass of Riverside Drive on 12th Ave, starting at 135th street. Bold and Delicious is pretty much all over the place, all the way from up in Harlem, down on Lexington and Park ave.

From the (miss)understood booklet you can see she went to Central Park and walked around with her dogs too, she did stay right on 59th street with a view of it. She went to the Bow Bridge, a really famous bridge right by Bethesda Terrace and the fountain.
Old 29th June 2010, 07:40 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSenshi View Post
Ahh! I think I know the shoot you're referring to! It was with a red balloon I think and Ayu was outside the apartment that is the exterior of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City! That's called Bleecker Street!

~thanks pepper for the set~

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, hamasaki ayumi, new york