New single MOON / blossom 7/14, 1st part of 3 single project [III] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th June 2010, 07:07 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ oh no....

hopefully ayu can still hold her record~~

oh please, there are only 3 singles left to make her the "only female artist with most consecutive number-one singles"... T.T

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 6th June 2010, 07:13 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I'm pretty sure the record is going to be broken. I don't have any factual or statistical information to back this up just my gut instinct and lack of concern for any of her competition (no disrespect to the artists intended, of course). Something tells me this is going to be a big year for Ayu and we, the fans as well. ^^

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 6th June 2010, 08:21 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
Wait, people are saying MOON is...rock? Wut? >_> Ayumi's "rock" standards are actually a lot more 'rock' than many 'rock bands' these days (which are often just as pop as she is, lol), so that's not any more proof... Honestly, I hear more keyboard than anything, and only significant guitar in the beginning and bridge. Even the chorus has normal amount, at least for the live.... 'Cause also, her songs are usually a lot more rock in the live versions, since Yocchan goes all out, hah. The guitar usually isn't as heavy in the studio versions, and I'm assuming that will be the case here, too. If not, then maybe you can go as far as saying it's a pop, slightly rock influenced ballade.....But yeah, definitely more pop than anything, in my opinion.
^ Spot on.

There is more keyboard here than guitar. You can very clearly hear the synth in the chorus, Its not a rock ballad by any standards. A rock ballad to me - you would be able to clearly hear riffs throughout and it would have to be a dominant instrument. The keyboard is the dominant sound in the chorus.

This is judging from the CM version.

The guitar is in the background (hardly any Ayu songs don't have any guitar) but it only adds to the rhythm and melody.

Last edited by Tony G; 6th June 2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 6th June 2010, 08:39 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditmi Krisnasaki ~II~ View Post
^ oh no....

oh please, there are only 3 singles left to make her the "only female artist with most consecutive number-one singles"... T.T
Lol, you shouldn't get so worked up! That single is released on the same day as Arashi's. NO WAY is it going to sell as well as Arashi's single, and if even Arashi's single won't have a strong enough second week than this one surely won't.

It'd only be a problem if it were released in the same week, but it's not : P
Old 6th June 2010, 08:51 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I'm surprised no one has mentioned THE Himuro Kyosuke-san who's going to release his new solo single Bang The Beat on 14th July too

is he a threat to ayumi ? cos well he's a legend in the jrock music industry & I honestly if this might be one as the last solo single he released was 2006's Sweet Revolution / In The Nude - Even not in the mood -

I kinda doubt it though O_O''' & that goes for BREAKERZ too who I know will get whacked by ayumi on that day but it's ok they don't have any #1 streak going on x)

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 6th June 2010, 09:49 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ He is very famous, but I don't know how well he does sales wise. He's probably not going to be a threat.

Quote:
^ oh no....

If anything, Arashi and Ohno releasing singles at the same time will probably help Ayu. Arashi's sales now will be split between two releases. The absolute worst case scenario now though is that both will beat Ayu and she will end up #3, but that's unlikely. Still though, it'll be interesting. Monster's second week i believe was 67k and Sunrise's first week was 74k and her summer single sales have been dropping with each release; but now with 4 versions, who knows?

July certainly is a packed month for releases. It's like most of the year has been boring then suddenly everything releases at the same time.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 6th June 2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 6th June 2010, 09:59 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ ARASHI...?????

I'm DEAD... T.T

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 6th June 2010, 10:09 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
^ ARASHI...?????

I'm DEAD... T.T
why are you saying you're dead in this context ?

I don't get it at all

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 6th June 2010, 10:09 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I haven't seen anyone except freedreamer say it was rock.. why are people acting like everyone is saying it? o_o
Ok yes, obviously by rock u guys think of songs like decision and is this love...well yea.
Im just referring to the sound in the chorus and the rawness of the live rip.

on another note, i think her sales will turn out fine.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:13 AM
July 1st Initiate

If MOON is anything, I'd classify it as pure pop. The song it comes closest to in terms of sound and intrumentation is fated. So if you think fated is rock, then MOON will be rockish to you too.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 6th June 2010, 10:18 AM
Lelio Protector

fated was a summer rock ballad.

I think that MOON is kind of a rock ballad as well.

It has hard electric guitars and drums in it.

No one said it's metal or hard rock. =P
Old 6th June 2010, 10:20 AM
July 1st Initiate

^ I guess.

Though I still classify fated as pop as well. Rockish pop, true, but still a popular pop tune at its core.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 6th June 2010, 10:56 AM
Lelio Protector

Yeah of course, they still are under the pop umbrella but they are pop/rock or pop tracks with rock inside of them, that's the point.

Of course not every song with electri guitars on earth is rock or anything, but with the level of hard guitars that are in MOON and fated for example it could be classified as pop/rock, soft rock, rock ballads. Usually rock ballads have soft guitars unless if they are hard and sad (which could be rock ballads like is this LOVE? or decision).
Old 6th June 2010, 11:16 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ fated's core melody is mostly guitar driven so I consider it a soft rock ballad~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
July certainly is a packed month for releases. It's like most of the year has been boring then suddenly everything releases at the same time.
It's like September 2007 all over again, just without Shimatani releasing T_T

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 6th June 2010, 01:39 PM
End of the World Initiate

So she's releasing on the same day as ARASHI? Now the streak isnt imperative to me but it seems ridiculous to lose it when she's so close. 4 versions will not save her. Her only hope is AKB48-like fans to buy 800 copies of her single each, otherwise; reschedule.
Old 6th June 2010, 01:41 PM
Lelio Protector

^No arashi's single is released a week before.
Old 6th June 2010, 01:44 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
If MOON is anything, I'd classify it as pure pop. The song it comes closest to in terms of sound and intrumentation is fated. So if you think fated is rock, then MOON will be rockish to you too.
THIS totally agree, MOON isn't rock at all, but I don't even put fated as rock, I would rather put Together when, there are typical riff sometimes. I listen to metal from soft metal until brutal death metal, punk, rock ( the real not ayuish ), etc ... and trust me MOON is POP and nothing more !

blossom sounds pop rock and not ROCK either.

Guitars are often use to support the song, to give depth and such but guitars doesn't equal rock at all. stop to think that because there are electric guitars it's a rock song, this is false to death ! and kinda ignorant !
Old 6th June 2010, 01:44 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
^No arashi's single is released a week before.
Thats a little bit better. She has somesort of chance now against their second week sales.
Old 6th June 2010, 04:33 PM
BEST Initiate

This discussion just goes to show how meaningless genre-labels are since EVERYBODY has their own interpretation of them.
Old 6th June 2010, 04:45 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
This discussion just goes to show how meaningless genre-labels are since EVERYBODY has their own interpretation of them.
Yeah, especially when you could barely place Ayu into a single genre as the majority of her songs don't have a strongly defined genre. And you can't just classify her as POP cuz the music she doesn't isn't really all that popular atm.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, moon / blossom, moon/blossom