[News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~ - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th November 2018, 01:00 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
I do remember peco and princess getting lots of hate actually. Iirc people didn't like that they sang louder than ayu. Maybe also because they didn't like their voices, or that they didn't blend well with ayu's, but I don't remember that well, I just remember there was hate
You remember it correctly, also all those reasons. I personally think that none of Ayu's backup singers fit her, her specific voice and inconsistent vocals always stand out from her supporting vocalists. Maybe she would sound better with her own voice in the background, I dunno.
Old 4th November 2018, 08:16 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
You remember it correctly, also all those reasons. I personally think that none of Ayu's backup singers fit her, her specific voice and inconsistent vocals always stand out from her supporting vocalists. Maybe she would sound better with her own voice in the background, I dunno.
It is only when Peco and Princess joined that ayu’s voice started getting worse, which was especially obvious in certain TV lives where the two had more prominent roles (is this LOVE?). I always thought ayu’s own recording would sound way better as I bg vocal than all these people who simply do not complement her. I kind of blame Peco for influencing ayu’s singing technique as well in a way that simply does not work for her.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 5th November 2018, 12:41 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
It is only when Peco and Princess joined that ayu’s voice started getting worse, which was especially obvious in certain TV lives where the two had more prominent roles (is this LOVE?). I always thought ayu’s own recording would sound way better as I bg vocal than all these people who simply do not complement her. I kind of blame Peco for influencing ayu’s singing technique as well in a way that simply does not work for her.
Peco and Princess (but ESPECIALLY Peco) were absolutely a negative influence on Ayu's vocals. (As was keiko from GLOBE around the I am... period, in my opinion, but that's another story...). They sounded like over-dramatic wailing banshees and Peco was a real stage-hog. Also Peco looked like someone who never made it huge as a soloist in the music industry and it was like Ayu gave Peco her time to shine when she hit her 50s... (actually I have no idea how old Peco is, but she looked pretty haggard). I'm reading that Peco was a soloist at one point.... but was she ever a big deal? o.o
Old 5th November 2018, 06:15 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larisa-chan View Post
Peco and Princess (but ESPECIALLY Peco) were absolutely a negative influence on Ayu's vocals. (As was keiko from GLOBE around the I am... period, in my opinion, but that's another story...). They sounded like over-dramatic wailing banshees and Peco was a real stage-hog. Also Peco looked like someone who never made it huge as a soloist in the music industry and it was like Ayu gave Peco her time to shine when she hit her 50s... (actually I have no idea how old Peco is, but she looked pretty haggard). I'm reading that Peco was a soloist at one point.... but was she ever a big deal? o.o
She was. I also believed she left the troupe so she could dedicate her self to her own career. Yeah

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, live tour 2018-2019, trouble