[Charts & Rankings] 10th Album: NEXT LEVEL - ORICON STYLE - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2009, 09:24 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

She alread tryied to keep her old success recipe, that's why we have 2 or 3 versions of M and Fairyland

I think that ayu is not an outstanding music-writer... her best lyrics have emotional conection to her (and to me, a amazing song-writer can't depent only on their feelings to write music), and she is not taking enought time to mature herself as a person AND show that on her lyrics as a big change... I really liked next level, I think it's her best album as a unit (something she is trying since Secret), but just like her other albums (maybe not loveppears) she is not giving her the chance to grow up to have new emotional situations in her live to express this on all the tracks of an album...

And yeah... people miss that cause her personal lyrics are what made her famous in the first place...

Another factor is that she is a very visual artist... even if she has creative control over her music, her young casual listeners doesn't like the fact that she is getting "old", and they don't really mind the lyrics or concepts either.... ^^

just my opinion

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 27th March 2009, 09:35 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I wonder how many brain cells I just killed by skimming through this thread.
exactly. probly those dying cells are enough to get a B in an exam .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicayu View Post
hahaha its funny how there is always ayu versus someone else . i think each of the singer verus her have a complete different style. they each produce their own style of music . its kinda ridiculous to compare them when they all fallow their own way .

i sure appeciate the originality and the fact that she wants to renew herself but in an other hand sometimes i wish she kept her old success receipe .
I understand why ayu vs. hikki existed in the first place because avex practically initiated it (Distance vs. A BEST). But right now whenever a particular female singer getting more popular than ayu, the battles occur automatically. I think people have to accept a fact that ayu (and also hikki, my another beloved one, and whoever your beloved ones) can't be at the top every single time. And why you wanna compare who has the greater promotion? Sometimes it's quite pointless to argue the stuff over and over for a few pages..
Old 27th March 2009, 09:48 PM
independent Initiate

Knowing economic situation I think sales are good.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 27th March 2009, 10:28 PM
And Then Initiate

if she gets steady sales (doubtful) ill be happy for her

i really dont think that her rule performance will help that much... but maybe her tour will?
Old 28th March 2009, 12:08 AM
from your letter Initiate

d sales r decreasing 50% everyday..

i hope today wont below 20k..

wow..
now..there're namie vs ayu..

may i join...

LoL..!!

if u only look u'll never get it.....

if u only look it'll never be urs.......

Old 28th March 2009, 12:30 AM
Over Initiate

I wonder if there will be another 50% decrease in sales??

FacebookLast.fm TwitterTumblr

Old 28th March 2009, 12:32 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I think that Ayu has carved her name into Japanese music history, period.
And her new album is fabulous, mine just came today
But the point is, it's a matter of preference- everyone will like someone different. Don't fight about whose better. It's totally relative.
(BTW- What does everyone think the first week sales will be??)

Thanks to agashi for the killer siggy set!!
Old 28th March 2009, 12:38 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

that half decrease is pretty bad. oh well. is it weird that i'm not crying about this like other people? yeah i'd love her to sell more but i'm not really that affected by her decrease in sales :/ i just like the album and that's what matters most to me
Old 28th March 2009, 12:45 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
And why you wanna compare who has the greater promotion? Sometimes it's quite pointless to argue the stuff over and over for a few pages..
It's gotten to the point that people care more about promotion and sales rather than the MUSIC itself.

The people on this forum who care so much about the amount of promotion Ayu/Namie/Kumi/Hikki get and how much they sell must all secretly be working for Avex and have some office betting pool about who'll come out on top. Loser has to pack their things and get out. They are no longer in the running to be America's Next Top Model.

They are ALL pop stars. They ALL get promotion. There is no such thing as grass roots success where any of them are concerned. To think one or the other sells primarily because of musical merit ONLY or by the mysterious solitary efforts of the artist is seriously deluding themselves. Namie cannot sign contracts outside of Avex without the permission of Avex itself. They would know about these contracts, they would know the promotion these contracts would bring about, and so Avex IS responsible for Namie's sales and promotion.

It's a business and an industry, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Yes, its huge promotion. But our whole debate was that it was because AVEX decided it was time to make her popular again, which imo it had more to do with the big contracts she landed outside of Avex, rather than with Avex itself.
Namie's success is because of good old timing on Avex's part. They released Best Fiction at the right time, they knew how to market her, they knew what contracts she should sign. Do you think 60s 70s 80s would have been a hit if they signed Namie up for a contract for a dental hygiene company? No, they chose the glamour of Vidal Sassoon. It's Patricia Field for heaven's sake!

I think you aren't giving Avex enough credit for Namie's success.

Last edited by Uemarasan; 28th March 2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 28th March 2009, 01:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

blugie , i really dont care baout sales hahahaha i buy it only if i like it not because its popular or not . i like visual kei too and those artist have surch low sell some dont even appears on the top 200 . does it stop me from buying the cd or appreciate them? no .
there is no argure here i think people are giving there opinions .
from what i read there is two types : the one that love this album i think thisof this
one as her best and other that have ben a little bit dissapointed after listening to the full album .
i think its really interresting what everyody thinks as long as everyone respect each other . we are in a friendly forum ;-)

uemaran san i agre with you .some people care too much about the sales number ore than the music .

andrenekoi. yes its her personal lyrics that made me likes ayu from the very first single . i guess her lyrics touched me more in the past than now . it seems now when she write lyrics she is more " vague" .
its true that with age her voice improved a lot but i miss that fragile voice she had at her debut . same thing about her i prefer that shy attitude she had at her debut than her diva attitude (sometimes).
of course i appreciate ayu and her music and i still listen each of her new album acrefully read the lyrics , listen to the voice but i guess everyone have different taste .

as you said yes ayu is getting old and transform , change her style, change her voice etc and maybe its hard to accept .
one thing i like about her aging is she is getting more and more beautiful , i just wish she was less photoshhot on all the photoshoot she made recently . "old ayu" look great natural she doesnt photoshop .

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/

Last edited by gothicayu; 28th March 2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 28th March 2009, 01:20 AM
End of the World Initiate

I haven't posted here in years, just kind of check in on ayu...you guys are giving me a headache! hahah

AYU IS DOING FINE
Old 28th March 2009, 02:37 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^Just saw your stat and your last post in AHS was back in 2005... wow that's long time ago . Hope to see you more cuz really not lots of old members are not around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
It's gotten to the point that people care more about promotion and sales rather than the MUSIC itself.
I think all of us do care about the promotion and sales (for me.. I was hoping to see those "flags" hanging on the street lamps of.. whatever that famous Japan place that I can't remember the name atm lol. I do hope that it will have decent sales. But if doesn't have more promotion, and has less sales than previous albums, it's ok. It's not like ayu sekai will crush down to pieces. There's really no point on involving other artists to bring up (or down) ayu.
Closed Thread

Tags
#1 female artist, oricon, sales