New album 'Colours' out July 2nd - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2014, 05:04 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
Colours is for ayu what Bangerz is for Miley, in my opinion.
yeah but Miley will continue this style I think.
Ayu won't, I guess.
(or just partialy)

Spoiler:

if Angel resembles Curtain call, then, why.
Old 13th June 2014, 06:35 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

@AyUmIXx I loved your signature , the idea of putting all of them in the same room was great
Old 13th June 2014, 06:55 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyTony View Post
the candle from her website

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Candle reminds me of Hotel Love Songs goods.

Also, despite this album being mostly EDM, I feel like the jacket will have some kind of romantic setting, considering a designer candle is coming with it... And based on all the CDs from the tour, I doubt it'll stray too far from those...

I can't imagine some crazy futuristic cover with a romantic candle lol.

What I really hope for is an angelic / devilish sort of shoot. Thaaat'd be different. She could do her whole pouty baby face look, and a fierce look.

Man I'm getting my own hopes up for something that I just made up lol.
Wonderful. So there's a really good chance that she's not done with the peach/tan color scheme yet. I guess I'll have one more picture to add to my signature.
Old 13th June 2014, 07:07 PM
No way to say Initiate

It's her Instagram filter guys.
Old 13th June 2014, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
Wonderful. So there's a really good chance that she's not done with the peach/tan color scheme yet. I guess I'll have one more picture to add to my signature.
From your signature MOON's cover looks so beautiful and unique compared to the others. Also notice how 90% of those covers are all in a row from recent years... lol.
Old 13th June 2014, 07:47 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by November4 View Post
notice how 90% of those covers are all in a row from recent years... lol.
That was the point. to show how much she's been using this color scheme over the last couple of years. It started with MOON. They're in chronological order too.
Old 13th June 2014, 08:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wonder if tweeting a compilation of the latest cream colored covers to Ayu would make her realize how similar everything has been so far.
Old 13th June 2014, 08:53 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
That was the point. to show how much she's been using this color scheme over the last couple of years. It started with MOON. They're in chronological order too.
Related to your gorgeous signature : isn't Hello New Me supposed to be after Pray?
Omg, from autumn 2012 onwards she's been using the peach theme so many times. But it looks beautiful nonetheless!
Old 13th June 2014, 09:02 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ you're right ^^

And yeah, it looks like this new album will feature the same color scheme we've been facing since 2012. Judging by the candle, colors may be pastel pink, golden and black...
Old 13th June 2014, 09:07 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The video that revealed the covers is also covered in the same color scheme.
Old 13th June 2014, 09:59 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal17 View Post
Related to your gorgeous signature : isn't Hello New Me supposed to be after Pray?
Omg, from autumn 2012 onwards she's been using the peach theme so many times. But it looks beautiful nonetheless!
fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
The video that revealed the covers is also covered in the same color scheme.
as if covers weren't enough, her videos now follow the same color scheme too? jeeze.

Don't get me wrong, I think these covers are all really pretty, but it's too much. If these were the covers of some of her singles and albums throughout her whole career, it'd be fine. However, except one or two of them, these are all from the last 2.5 years. Half of these look like they're from the same photoshoot.

Last edited by orangeakira; 13th June 2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:03 PM
Because of You Initiate

I don't get tired of ayu using pink / tan colours. lol

I just don't want her to do something like Party Queen again...

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 13th June 2014, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
fixed it.

as if covers weren't enough, her videos now follow the same color scheme too? jeeze.

Don't get me wrong, I think these covers are all really pretty, but it's too much. If these were the covers of some of her singles and albums throughout her whole career, it'd be fine. However, except one or two of them, these are all from the last 2.5 years.
+1

I love those kind of covers when they work (MOON, Love songs, Hello new me) but when it just seems like being peach for the sake of being pretty it's meh... There's 0 artistic input, they're just pretty pictures. Which is sad because a few years ago Ayu was my artistic muse with PVs like Marionette, Mirrorcle World, Sparkle, etc. :/

Since Love songs (though I love that album) she's not visually artistic at all. There's no concept, no strong theme. The only interesting thing she's done in recent years is the snow falling when she's standing in front of the painting in Sweet scar and Return road...

Last edited by November4; 13th June 2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
+1

I love those kind of covers when they work (MOON, Love songs, Hello new me) but when it just seems like being peach for the sake of being pretty it's meh... There's 0 artistic input, they're just pretty pictures. Which is sad because a few years ago Ayu was my artistic muse with PVs like Marionette, Mirrorcle World, Sparkle, etc. :/

Since Love songs (though I love that album) she's not visually artistic at all. There's no concept, no strong theme. The only interesting thing she's done in recent years is the snow falling when she's standing in front of the painting in Sweet scar and Return road...

I think the past few years have been Ayu's idea of taking a break.. basically, just doing some basic routine and probably saving her best ideas when she has enough compiled for a new album and era when she's ready.

I mean, she does her usual tour, nothing too spectacular and the videos have been low budget for a while so I assume she'll do something huge sometime with her next album.

I LOVE Love songs except now I am listening to all of her older rockish music as ther music so far has been cohesive for me.. except for the new album so I'm getting rather bored ! (except for the new album) heh
Old 13th June 2014, 10:37 PM
Banned

^

I like that theory. It's better than a hiatus. It does seem like she's just going through the motions and releasing average material for the fans. Which is fine, but I can't wait for Ayu to go back to her awesomeness she had up until the L single.
Old 13th June 2014, 11:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

This is only somewhat related but...

I'm saddened that Oricon has apparently recently stopped counting all overseas sales of Japanese products. They are collecting data from shops like CDJapan and YesAsia, but the data is no longer applicable to the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly charts.

It has something to do with the sales from overseas outlets becoming too large or something.

Last edited by truehappiness; 13th June 2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 14th June 2014, 12:41 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
^

I like that theory. It's better than a hiatus. It does seem like she's just going through the motions and releasing average material for the fans. Which is fine, but I can't wait for Ayu to go back to her awesomeness she had up until the L single.
Lelio, XOXO and Terminal are FAR from what I would call average. They are way high up above it. Their production is pretty great.
Old 14th June 2014, 12:41 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I defiantly agree she's been taking it easy. I've noticed that for awhile now. I kept asking myself "Where is the Ayu from a few years ago?" But alas everyone needs a break
Old 14th June 2014, 12:45 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
This is only somewhat related but...

I'm saddened that Oricon has apparently recently stopped counting all overseas sales of Japanese products. They are collecting data from shops like CDJapan and YesAsia, but the data is no longer applicable to the daily/weekly/monthly/yearly charts.

It has something to do with the sales from overseas outlets becoming too large or something.

Oricon does have some reason for not counting overseas' sales anymore, they never should have counted in the first place. It's a Japanese ranking, so the numbers should be only for the Japanese territory, just like Billboard USA and any other ranking site. I think those numbers started to make some considerable gap between artists who sell a lot outside Japan and artists that can't do it. Think about the numbers that these girlgroups and boybands can sell around the Asian continent, it wouldn't be fair to count their sales when artists like ayumi don't sell that big.
Old 14th June 2014, 12:47 AM
Lelio Protector

Oricon never counted asian sales, they count sales exclusively from Japan and maybe a several outlets with Japanese versions (specifically like yesasia after several years that they didn't).
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, colours