unneccessary posts in Polls section - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 9th April 2010, 07:21 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

unneccessary posts in Polls section

for example: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=16

when you vote for something, why do you need to even say it if youre not going to discuss your choice? i notice a lot of posters post their poll choices, even in polls where the winners choice is shown.. is it to boost post count?

whatever it is.. i think its a waste of bandwidth. rock n roll circus will be out very soon and the site is going to be jammed up again and crash 29389820 times.. so maybe if people stop posting junk like that it would help??

Old 9th April 2010, 07:43 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

I'm sorry...but even your own reply to that poll would be unneeded by your means of "not discussing your choice"

Obviously you like part of Me the best, so that's why you picked that choice...so your comment would mean just the same as someone else who just replied with the song choice they picked.
Old 9th April 2010, 08:02 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

well pommy i understand what you mean, but i cared to add a few words. i felt like saying something. but for example some posts are just writing down their option. isnt it pointless? if you dont feel like saying anything you dont need to force yourself too.

Old 9th April 2010, 08:38 AM
Sexy little things Protector

I'm not going to get into a big discussion about this but those types of posts and threads are completely acceptable and don't affect our server or its problems in the least. It's not spamming at all.

While discussing their choice would be nice, it's not necessary. People generally post what they chose because that way everyone can see who chose what. They're also answering the thread's question in that way. If the poll doesn't include showing who voted for what, posting what you voted for is helpful and insightful. Sometimes I know I'm curious to see what a certain user voted for, just because I'm inquisitive. Also, there are times when I'll be like, "...who voted for that??" so I like to see who did. I don't really need them to go on about why they did.

Take for example a poll asking, "what color hair do you have?" I'd be really interested to see who has what, just so I could get a mental picture in my head. So I couldn't care less if someone just answered, "Blonde." because that's all I need.

Last edited by sugarbasil; 9th April 2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:17 AM
xLitax

If the poll question is only asking one thing, why would someone need to write a paragraph answer about why they like, for example, one song better than another song?
Old 9th April 2010, 10:12 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
I'm not going to get into a big discussion about this but those types of posts and threads are completely acceptable and don't affect our server or its problems in the least. It's not spamming at all.
thank you for explaining that! i was just worried because im aware theres a forum closed down here due to server issues. it would really suck if the polls section had to go.