14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [V] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2013, 07:36 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae Noir View Post
I'm not dreading this release, but I'm not mega excited about it either, just sort of... still not really getting my hopes up... oh dear what's wrong with me, eh? Everyone else seems to have got over the initial furore and settled back down into happy anticipation... For some reason I just don't feel the same...

Snap out of it, girl!
I'm sort of the same about this release. I know it's coming and I do want to hear the new songs (+ see the booklet and photobook pics) but I don't really feel any actual anticipation. I read the threads for news but I don't think about how the new songs would sound, I'm like a casual observer in a way.
It feels like I'm not making any sense right now, but whatever. I have trust in that Ayu will bring us good material, that's enough for me.
Old 15th January 2013, 07:53 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

The shoots have been bland, but not bad and there is not so much promo. Plus, we all have heard more than half the album.

);
Old 15th January 2013, 09:06 PM
Lelio Protector

Well LOVEppears and I am... had 5 new songs as well =P
Old 15th January 2013, 09:14 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ i know! lol... and those were such good albums...
Love again is basically the same... like the I am era and LOVEppears era's... 6-7 singles (we get two mini albums with 7 songs which would equal 6-7 singles)
and 5 new songs with 2 interludes...
this is the cloesest she has come to that platform for releases.
Old 15th January 2013, 10:28 PM
from your letter Initiate

Everybody keeps on talking about melody pv.
Is it rare?
Old 15th January 2013, 10:35 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ we havent seen it yet.
Old 15th January 2013, 11:31 PM
rainy day Initiate

I wish I could just let everyone be happy, but...

I really wish everyone would stop chalking this release up to be "one of her bests" - that is said about every single album release.

Yes, some of her recent songs have been better by comparison to the songs that came right before this era. However, they really are not on the level that everyone seems to build them up to be.

You & Me: Generally, not very good. Very "dated"/"cheap" sounding compared to her more "lush" compositions and arrangements from her best songs and eras. Childish lyrics.

------

Song 4 u: Vocals are pretty nice on this one, but overall, what a bore. I never understood the love for this song. So far off from the type of music Ayu should be doing and is known for.

Missing: Wonderful. This song is the closest thing to everything that has been missing (no pun intended) from her in recent times. Some say it's "typical", but it's pretty much the sound and quality many of us have been yearning for.

Melody: It's alright... Verses nice, but it becomes a drag during the pre-chorus - what an unnecessary addition to the song. I know Ayu releases songs like this often (can be put in same category as winding road, Replace, etc.) but it's definitely at the bottom of that genre. Some of those songs are very sweet sounding and may have not been high on the roster during their time of release, but they definitely outshine MANY of the releases that came years later.

------

Wake me up: Finally, something that gives off that "fierce" power Ayu used to be able to portray so well in her music. Sexiness, modern, has a sure-fire "kick" to the chorus... Finally something that is on par with other POWER tracks (although the end of the chorus isn't so wonderful with the awkward english but overall I will accept this song as a gem).

Sweet scar: Do not like. Do not like. Do not like. The instrumental is nice - I love the arrangement... but, it's just a drag to listen to. I wish it evolved more toward the end at least. But overall, this song is a pass. It had promise, but still needed a lot of work to make really make it excel in it's category.

Snowy kiss: The overall sound is superb. It's fresh, yet it's somehow slightly familiar - the perfect combination. However, this is one case where a "longer" track does not necessarily mean a better track. Many of Ayu's best tracks I feel I want to play over and over again after hearing them, but after listening to this one JUST ONCE, I feel like I had it on replay for 4 times. It's quite exhausting to listen to. I wish there were more variation in the chorus itself.

Ivy: This one sounds nice but again feels repetitive the more you listen to it.

------

Overall, this era to me is the era of "promise but does not quite excel to the level you expect"... Maybe this is all leading up to her NEXT era in music, or at least I hope so. She's improving, I'll give her that. But it's nothing to get caught up in for the time being. I shall sit back and await the full album. There's better to come, but this stuff is definitely not "THE BEST" it could be. And the fact that there is very little chance for some of those POWER rock tracks in the full albums release already works against the release.
Old 15th January 2013, 11:37 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Her last few albums have been rather amazing when it comes to the music, with varying outliers who absolutely hate it. I mean there are some people who have not liked a single thing since I am...... does that mean that her work since then has been horrible? Some started hating her material after GUILTY or Secret but she's still satisfied fans since then. She must be doing something right.

IMO, you cannot let other people's opinions influence your own view on how something will sound because that's just stupid. If some people think that it's great, that's what they think and not what you are going to think. I never take what people say around here and for some reason think that it's going to be how I feel about the song because not everyone listens to Ayu in the same way or is looking for the same thing in her works. If you hate Melody or Sexy little things, be my guest, but that isn't going to stop the people that like it from enjoying it. (the same goes for people who talk about how much they love it not being able to convince those who hate it otherwise)

However, I've always felt that it takes time for Ayu albums to sink in. It usually takes about a year or two.

So far though, this era seems to be the most positively received in a looooonngggg time. I'd say the last time people were so satisfied with an Ayu release's music as a whole was maybe (miss)understood barring B&D/Pride. Love songs as an album was really positive but the singles did not meet such positive reception.

Last edited by truehappiness; 15th January 2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 15th January 2013, 11:42 PM
GREEN Initiate

how about to each their own.
THis IS some of her best work in a good while, not saying that the other stuff (FIVE-Party Queen) isn't good, but it reminds me and some others of her older stuff.
Old 15th January 2013, 11:49 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Her last few albums have been rather amazing when it comes to the music, with varying outliers in hating it. I mean there are some people who have not liked a single thing since I am...... does that mean that her work since then has been horrible? Some started hating her material after GUILTY or Secret but she's still satisfied fans since then. She must be doing something right.

IMO, you cannot let other people's opinions influence your own view on how something will sound because that's just stupid. If some people think that it's great, that's what they think and not what you are going to think. I never take what people say around here and for some reason think that it's going to be how I feel about the song because not everyone listens to Ayu in the same way or is looking for the same thing in her works. If you hate Melody or Sexy little things, be my guest, but that isn't going to stop the people that like it from enjoying it. (the same goes for people who talk about how much they love it not being able to convince those who hate it otherwise)

However, I've always felt that it takes time for Ayu albums to sink in. It usually takes about a year or two.
I understand this, and maybe it's just my personality of being overly-passionate about things I love (and probably things I dislike as well)... but, for some reason it does get me angry when people make declarations on newly released material being the best. This seems to happen with every single release, right down to every single song, mostly due to the "fresh" factor. I guess I really do pick apart music and I listen very intently and make informed decisions on whether or not I dislike it, why I dislike it, what could be better, and what was just down-right amazing. I don't feel like most people really do this or take notice in everything that goes into a song.

Maybe I am making assumptions about people, but even in real life if I am expressing why I love or dislike a song to someone who feels the opposite way, they can never express why they themselves like or dislike it in an argumentative way. It's usually "idk, i just like it...". I am the kind of person who wants to understand why a song sounds SO GOOD to me, so I pick out what I love and I notice what I don't. When making a statement on why I love a song I will use pieces of the song as example, where as most others generally just hear the noise and everything on the surface. You can't make a statement unless you truly dive into that piece of music and decide why you think it's good or bad. Pay attention to it - don't just put it on in the background. Really listen.

I guess some people aren't like that - well, a lot of people I suppose. And I should learn to let them "like" or "dislike" something even if they only pay attention to the "surface".
Old 15th January 2013, 11:55 PM
GREEN Initiate

It's called over analyzing and it most of the time ruins everything.

I do this with movies and I had to stop, because it just came down to never watching a movie again because you can always find something wrong or just stop analyzing and enjoy it.

Sometimes there is no reason on why you like something, you just do and there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:03 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
It's called over analyzing and it most of the time ruins everything.

I do this with movies and I had to stop, because it just came down to never watching a movie again because you can always find something wrong or just stop analyzing and enjoy it.

Sometimes there is no reason on why you like something, you just do and there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever.
I guess so. But I feel analyzing things, particularly music, really helps me learn a lot about myself and music in general. I have a dream of learning to create music and analyzing a piece of music piece by piece to understand why I feel a certain emotion while listening to a certain song, or hearing a certain part in a song, is beneficial to the day I finally start to study music seriously. There are so many parts in Ayu's music that I look forward to - even small, minute parts in a song make a huge impact on me and I look forward to them every time I listen to that song.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:11 AM
GREEN Initiate

yeah, I understand that... I want to make movies and used to do that with all my movies, but I also came to understand if I do that I just don't enjoy the movie anymore because its more like breaking apart every piece of it and deciding what works and what doesnt and it ruins the entire movie experience.

Some things are just meant to be enjoyed and nothing more.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I guess some people aren't like that - well, a lot of people I suppose. And I should learn to let them "like" or "dislike" something even if they only pay attention to the "surface".
I don't think that was the point, and in fact it seems a bit elitist to say so because "those other people who like/dislike things only do so because they're not getting in depth". I was just saying that you need to not take others opinions and try to form your on judgments based on what someone else thinks. It's definitely a "Your mileage may vary/Different strokes for different folks" type thing.

Personally I still love all of the Ayu songs I loved back when I first became a fan and the ones that came out afterward just as much as the ones that come out recently so I don't think it's 'freshness' that has to do with it. (You could say that for some artists who BARELY RELEASE ANYTHING so people basically are hyped because of a lack of material) New Ayu imo is always good since it's something we've never heard before for the most part. I try to keep every song as a new experience and not think of "OH THIS SOUNDS LIKE XXXXXX" I feel like when people are around during a release as opposed to say ASFXX/Duty/LOVEppears/I am... etc, they judge the songs differently... but maybe it's just me.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:59 AM
TO BE Initiate

I'm actually looking forward to this release. I mean, I usually look forward to every release, but I haven't been absolutely hyped for an Ayu album in ages. I wasn't even this excited for Love songs and I know that a lot of fans still consider that to be her best work of the last five or so years.

Both of the mini-albums were really solid to me. However, this isn't what makes me over zealous. I prefer Ayu's album only tracks overall. The fact that a 'single' release has above average (or at least in my opinion) tracks on it excites me as it is generally a reflection of what the album track quality will be (at least by Ayu trends anyway).

I hope we get previews soon (I'm going to say this everyday haha).
Old 16th January 2013, 01:06 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I don't think that was the point, and in fact it seems a bit elitist to say so because "those other people who like/dislike things only do so because they're not getting in depth".
I understand this and I felt the same way as I was typing the reasoning behind why I tend to feel the way I feel when others hype a song up, and I as mentioned I know I shouldn't do it but I can't help but feel that way at times.
Old 16th January 2013, 01:27 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I understand this, and maybe it's just my personality of being overly-passionate about things I love (and probably things I dislike as well)... but, for some reason it does get me angry when people make declarations on newly released material being the best. This seems to happen with every single release, right down to every single song, mostly due to the "fresh" factor. I guess I really do pick apart music and I listen very intently and make informed decisions on whether or not I dislike it, why I dislike it, what could be better, and what was just down-right amazing. I don't feel like most people really do this or take notice in everything that goes into a song.

Maybe I am making assumptions about people, but even in real life if I am expressing why I love or dislike a song to someone who feels the opposite way, they can never express why they themselves like or dislike it in an argumentative way. It's usually "idk, i just like it...". I am the kind of person who wants to understand why a song sounds SO GOOD to me, so I pick out what I love and I notice what I don't. When making a statement on why I love a song I will use pieces of the song as example, where as most others generally just hear the noise and everything on the surface. You can't make a statement unless you truly dive into that piece of music and decide why you think it's good or bad. Pay attention to it - don't just put it on in the background. Really listen.

Not wanting be a *****, but being one anyways... Most of the time you praise/complain about a song over here on the forum you just say this or that part is "epic", "fierce", "has/nt sparkle", "has/nt something", "well done" or any other generic empty subjetive comment. The comment is not any less flat if you still use subjective impressions to judge parts as the people you are citing use to judge the whole.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th January 2013, 01:45 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Not wanting be a *****, but being one anyways... Most of the time you praise/complain about a song over here on the forum you just say this or that part is "epic", "fierce", "has/nt sparkle", "has/nt something", "well done" or any other generic empty subjetive comment. The comment is not any less flat if you still use subjective impressions to judge parts as the people you are citing use to judge the whole.
Didn't know I made others so angry, lol.

Sometimes I just get lazy when I go into a rant and partially through the post on praising or negatively speaking about something I will use general terms because I then realize it's a lost cause anyway. At least I try to break it down and single out certain sections. I use the term "fierce"-ness to describe those power-house tracks that Ayu gives attitude in. I don't use this term in my daily life, only when referring to those tracks by Ayu which make you feel like she's really kicking her foot down your throat, holding nothing back, and you're loving every minute of it. Those rare occurrences where I feel her foot is so far down your throat or up your ass that she honestly has left nothing on the table. I miss those songs, as those songs are my utmost favorite. It's what makes listening to Ayu different than anyone else I listen to. Songs like "my name's WOMEN" with that whammy! of a synthesizer; songs like 1LOVE which blends attitude, guitar, and detail all into an angry somewhat stripper-esque butt-kick atmostphere; songs like talkin' 2 myself, is this LOVE?, GAME and Microphone, where Ayu transforms into the most badass B-I-T-C-H you've ever encountered is where her chameleon-like qualities really OUTSHINE the rest.

Forgive me for speaking in general terms, but no matter what I say and regardless of what kind of language I use to express my like or dislike for something - it's usually seen as over-critical and biasedly opinionated anyhow.

Last edited by Zeke.; 16th January 2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 16th January 2013, 01:53 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Didn't know I made others so angry, lol.

Sometimes I just get lazy when I go into a rant and partially through the post on praising or negatively speaking about something I will use general terms because I then realize it's a lost cause anyway. At least I try to break it down and single out certain sections. I use the term "fierce"-ness to describe those power-house tracks that Ayu gives attitude in. I don't use this term in my daily life, only when referring to those tracks by Ayu which make you feel like she's really kicking her foot down your throat, holding nothing back, and you're loving every minute of it. Those rare occurrences where I feel her foot is so far down your throat or up your ass that she honestly has left nothing on the table. I miss those songs, as those songs are my utmost favorite. It's what makes listening to Ayu different than anyone else I listen to. Songs like "my name's WOMEN" with that whammy! of a synthesizer; songs like 1LOVE which blends attitude, guitar, and detail all into an angry somewhat stripper-esque butt-kick atmostphere; songs like talkin' 2 myself, is this LOVE?, GAME and Microphone, where Ayu transforms into the most badass B-I-T-C-H you've ever encountered is where her chameleon-like qualities really OUTSHINE the rest.

Forgive me for speaking in general terms, but no matter what I say and regardless of what kind of language I use to express my like or dislike for something - it's usually seen as over-critical and biasedly opinionated anyhow.
It doesn't annoy me that much that you dislike everything... But your complain that people only listen to the song on the surfice while making subjective remarks, based on nothing more than your personal taste, to explain why everyone should dislike it is just... well... weird IMO.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th January 2013, 02:00 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
It doesn't annoy me that much that you dislike everything... But your complain that people only listen to the song on the surfice while making subjective remarks, based on nothing more than your personal taste, to explain why everyone should dislike it is just... well... weird IMO.
I guess I am a victim of comparing things. It doesn't annoy me as much when someone likes something I dislike, it's when it is given so much credit than I feel it truly deserves. It's almost like shaming the better tracks. I know I should not do this and I should let someone love everything and think everything is better than the last and/or let them forget about the brilliance behind previously released tracks in that same genre... but sometimes my opinion gets the better of me and I feel the need to make a statement as to why this "new" song isn't all it's cracked up to being.

Forgive my ignorance. I just REALLY LOVE what I love and I REALLY HATE what I hate. And for some reason, I feel the urge to let people know that. Lol.

Last edited by Zeke.; 16th January 2013 at 02:11 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, hamasaki ayumi, love again