TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III - Page 28 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2020, 06:39 AM
opening Run Initiate

hidekirby, AJFmzk, you're welcome, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
I wonder if maybe she did it live on 29
She didn't. Here's another comparison: rehearsal on 29.12, then the actual 29.12 show and finally both audios together. 100% identical. They ran Kanariya performance several times during rehearsals and the vocal track was the same.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5Q...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Chris85; 29th April 2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 29th April 2020, 01:35 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
hidekirby, AJFmzk, you're welcome, guys.

She didn't. Here's another comparison: rehearsal on 29.12, then the actual 29.12 show and finally both audios together. 100% identical. They ran Kanariya performance several times during rehearsals and the vocal track was the same.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5Q...ew?usp=sharing
Ah ok. That makes sense. lip sync is not a last minute decision. It's just weird to me why they wouldn't make it sound "ok" (fix the horribly off key parts but leave small off key moments that aren't super cringey for realism). Maybe they were going for maximum realism though... the funny thing is that I showed it to my friend as an example that Ayu does stunts and I was like “she didn’t sound great but at least we know she tried to do it live” lol

Last edited by AJFmzk; 29th April 2020 at 01:54 PM.
Old 29th April 2020, 02:04 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
the funny thing is that I showed it to my friend as an example that Ayu does stunts and I was like “she didn’t sound great but at least we know she tried to do it live” lol
You see? It works :-) I think most fans think she always sings live.

Quote:
It's just weird to me why they wouldn't make it sound "ok" (fix the horribly off key parts but leave small off key moments that aren't super cringey for realism).
Her team has tried everything already as pre-recorded vocals: bad unedited vocals, decent vocals, pitch-perfect auto-tuned vocals.
Countdown Live 2013-2014 was the weirdest. Some songs she rehearsed live ended up being replaced by pre-recorded ones, 1 song was cut, unedited vocal tracks on 29.12 were replaced by auto-tuned tracks on 30 and 31.12...And the final show was broadcast live only at the cinemas.

Last edited by Chris85; 29th April 2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 29th April 2020, 02:17 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
You see? It works :-) I think most fans think she always sings live.

Her team has tried everything already as pre-recorded vocals: bad unedited vocals, decent vocals, pitch-perfect auto-tuned vocals.
Lol yeah, it definitely worked on me. There are times when I’ve noticed songs being a lip sync, even with bad vocals. For me it depends on whether I catch her mouth not in sync with the track. And sometimes the camera angles/editing makes it hard to tell even when broadcasted live. I think the only thing they haven’t tried is having bad vocals and bad instrumental together as pre record. Like if CDL2015-16 many classic moments was totally pre recorded including TK’s horrible keyboard performance...that would be new for Ayu’s team lol

Also just to get back to Trouble Tour...I edited the audio of the show recording (originally posted by visionfactory in the downloads section) so that you can hear her vocals better in the mix. It’s not perfect, but I posted the link to it on visionfactory’s post if anyone wants it.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 29th April 2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 29th April 2020, 07:17 PM
Far away Initiate

One thing she always did when lip-synching is really mouthing the words in a rather exaggerated way, the same way she did on her PVs. Kinda of a giveaway she wasn't really singing live.
Old 30th April 2020, 02:06 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
One thing she always did when lip-synching is really mouthing the words in a rather exaggerated way, the same way she did on her PVs. Kinda of a giveaway she wasn't really singing live.
What’s hilarious is that to me she’s gotten worse at it over the years...she got away with it in ST02 for the most part, CDL0405 was more noticeable, then fast forward to now and it’s like...you can spot it from a mile away
Old 30th April 2020, 06:58 PM
Initiate

^ ST2002 had some really obvious lip syncs...*evolution*... Watch the first few songs (where she’s dancing in front of the castle) she’s doing the exaggerated mouthing. There are a few songs I’m not sure if she’s lip syncing on ST2002...M, free&easy, seasons. She sounded really good on the live broadcast and they sounded basically the same on the dvd, I suspect it, but I’m not 100% sure.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 30th April 2020 at 07:03 PM.
Old 30th April 2020, 08:18 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Lowkey live for the rainy day lipsynch in AT 06 where she pulls a full Britney and they basically play the album track as is
Old 30th April 2020, 09:18 PM
Far away Initiate

^ It was actually the same vocals from CDL05-06
Old 30th April 2020, 09:33 PM

loooool it kills me when she reuses the tracks

There’s a take of UNITE! that I swear has been used in like four different tours
Old 30th April 2020, 09:53 PM
Far away Initiate

^ ARENA TOUR 2005 & 2006, but on AT05 the verses were live.

Kinda the same with Lelio in PC, but in this one the last chorus was live.
Old 30th April 2020, 10:44 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

She also re-used the pre-recorded chorus of mnW from CDL14-15 during JTB1.

Old 30th April 2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
^ ARENA TOUR 2005 & 2006, but on AT05 the verses were live.

Kinda the same with Lelio in PC, but in this one the last chorus was live.
Honestly it goes all the way back to like...AT0304 even
Old 30th April 2020, 10:47 PM
Far away Initiate

Queen of recycling
Old 1st May 2020, 11:52 AM
Love song H-Initiate

wasn't About you track used at CDL 2009-2010 and AT2010?

Chris85, do you want to make video like "best and worst live vocal"? I would like to see that
Old 1st May 2020, 01:51 PM
ayu trance Initiate

It seems to me that Ayu belongs to the category of the raspy voice and if she dont have enough rest its a disaster but if she is well rested she can do great things I know other singers which have the same issue. It doesn't excuse everything but it explains why sometimes voice don't come out properly.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 1st May 2020, 02:08 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I am very much not in favour of making best/worst ayu vocals video. She is more than half deaf and this one reason is good enough for me to be against it. There are more, like her throat becoming tight out of the blue etc. It would be unfair to her in my eyes. A lot of people who watch this kind of video will not care to check why at her worst she may sound the way she does.
Old 1st May 2020, 03:55 PM
Depend on you Initiate

There was also this one flawless take of evolution which I'm pretty sure was either from A Museum or just pre-recorded for that show... and she had extensively re-used it till AT 07
Old 1st May 2020, 05:41 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
It seems to me that Ayu belongs to the category of the raspy voice and if she dont have enough rest its a disaster but if she is well rested she can do great things I know other singers which have the same issue. It doesn't excuse everything but it explains why sometimes voice don't come out properly.
That typically results from bad singing technique though. If you’re singing properly with control, breath support, “riding” the air instead of forcing it through your vocal chords, you’ll get more steady, clear and sustainable notes. Opera singers are the best example of this, they get very clear and resonant sustained notes that project without microphones. Technique varies a bit depending on the style you’re singing for, but the basic underlying technique is the same across the board. Some singers do the rasp as a style thing and that’s different. I don’t think Ayu is intentionally going for raspy vocals. Tiredness and being sick just makes bad singing technique that much worse because it’s putting even more strain on the vocal chords than bad technique when you’re healthy.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 1st May 2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 1st May 2020, 07:08 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
I am very much not in favour of making best/worst ayu vocals video. She is more than half deaf and this one reason is good enough for me to be against it. There are more, like her throat becoming tight out of the blue etc. It would be unfair to her in my eyes. A lot of people who watch this kind of video will not care to check why at her worst she may sound the way she does.
This. Also, not saying Ayu doesn't lip-sync a lot, cuz she does, but you can't say something was or wasn't lip synced based on DVDs, as there are a lot going on in the editing, even taking the whole vocal track from a different date.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Closed Thread

Tags
trouble, trouble tour, trouble tour 2019-2020