14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [IV] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th January 2013, 11:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Basically, if they are doing it the way that avex Taiwan/HK seem to understand it, it's totally screwing over the consumers that live in any non-Asian countries... I guess we'll see.

Hopefully something can be figured out for overseas people if this is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Well when the LIVE Clip box came out, how did that work? You had to be in Japan in order to receive the extra DVD, no?
If I remember correctly, like all other Japanese mail in goodies, you had to mail a postcard in to get the free DVD and it was Japan only. However, this is the シリアルナンバー入りアクセスカード she had for FIVE, A SUMMER BEST, MOON, and crossroad that required the numbers for a site, just that there are five of them this time and apparently stores in HK/Taiwan will also be participating. It's really quite odd...
Old 4th January 2013, 11:22 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

girl next door has similarly done something where if you buy all three versions of a single and then mail in the stickers on each release, you get a bonus DVD.

Maybe it'll be like that?

but yeah they weren't necessarily cards though...
Or maybe you input the serial numbers and then get a ticket or something that you need to print and then mail in?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 4th January 2013, 11:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We'll have to see, but I'm scared it'll have to come to mailing my cards to a friend in Japan, aieeee, lol.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Japan only mail in would be disappointing to me so I hope it's digital content.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 4th January 2013, 11:37 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

How sad RAINBOW has got not that much love, it is amazing. And even if its album tracks sound different from the singles, this is so ayu/Jpop lol. Like on NEXT LEVEL, there was the whole electro thing, but we had... GREEN...
That's why I was hopeful when Party Queen was announced with no previous singles, I though she was preparing a very cohesive album, a bit like Duty sounds for me, but it turned out to sound as messy as Rock'n'Roll Circus (<3) or NEXT LEVEL.
LOVE again seems to be no Love-songs-everything-sounds-epic-and-mid-tempos-everywhere but also it is not a mess in styles. I have faith on it

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 4th January 2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
RAINBOW's one of the least liked albums after ASFXX from her earlier works, sadly. Though anything when compared to LOVEppears/Duty/I am... is probably not going to be 'liked' as much since a lot of her classics came from those eras. For w/e reason, I think people did not receive RAINBOW too well due to its ethereal sound after having some pretty strong singles that didn't sound anything like what was on the album.
Yep, that pretty much sums up my initial RAINBOW-hate. But then I grew to love that album.
Old 4th January 2013, 04:42 PM
rainy day Initiate

RAINBOW never really had a chance as the follow-up to I am... That's one tough cookie to beat. Anything released after that would have paled in comparison.
Old 4th January 2013, 04:46 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

RAINBOW is flawless. But as always, it's subjective and therefore I'll just say the whole LOVEppears to (miss)understood era is flawless and nothing but

I wonder what kind of concept LOVE again will have, musically. As in, will the other songs we've already heard will be similar, or will they be really different~ I think it'll be like Love songs, personally. Looking forward to it either way.
Old 4th January 2013, 04:54 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I hope we don't have to mail anything with this 5 serials thing >.<

(and I hope my CDs arrive on time, 'cause they're taking a really long time to arrive )

Old 4th January 2013, 05:24 PM
immature Initiate

I'm pretty late and catching up. 14th album, rehashed songs from both minis. I'm not too disappointed, I'm kind of glad and despite hoping for the best, expected this to happen. I don't want to buy the minis or other previous efforts like A Summer Best, etc (I stopped consistently buying every Ayu release after 'Next Level') so for me I'm glad the songs from this era are being regurgitated so I have them all in one entity (album) rather than having to have three or so from different releases. I don't know, maybe if there are a lot of people have the same mentality and if Japanese public (as I generally guess from a previous post from the last thread) expected it and don't think its a big deal, maybe this album and it's sales will do really good! I really like the CD+DVD cover the best though in general the three covers has a Kana Nishino meets Love Songs feel. I just hate the font they use.

All this A BEST 3 talk is

I really don't think its the time to release this, Avex and Ayu releasing all these compilations and Ayu isn't even dead yet. AB3 would be the weakest of them all. Unlike how I feel about Love again, I don't want to buy another compilation with 50% - 70% music I already own just for a new song or two. So for the last, I really hope its something different even though I do admit that it seems like a logical ploy for the final fifth release. Le sigh..
Old 4th January 2013, 05:35 PM
No way to say Initiate

Is there a site selling the bluray + goods that isn't sold out? Shouldn't have left it this late to order Might just wait for the OS version sigh~
Old 4th January 2013, 05:56 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
RAINBOW's one of the least liked albums after ASFXX from her earlier works, sadly. Though anything when compared to LOVEppears/Duty/I am... is probably not going to be 'liked' as much since a lot of her classics came from those eras. For w/e reason, I think people did not receive RAINBOW too well due to its ethereal sound after having some pretty strong singles that didn't sound anything like what was on the album.
Hmm
Ethereal sounding?
Free & easy sounds as ethereal as we wish
The only real ethereal sounding songs on rainbow i think are dolls, over and everywhere nowhere, ie no singles.

So much hate on rainbow
The colour blue helps you lose weight. Maybe the Japanese hated it because they're already all skinny.

Anyway...
On topic time (although I love rainbow talk)

I like the lyrics of that uplifting song.
Old 4th January 2013, 07:02 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
The colour blue helps you lose weight. Maybe the Japanese hated it because they're already all skinny.
You nailed it!

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 4th January 2013, 07:26 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
So... I was just notified that there's a possibility that the serial number cards x 5 from these releases might be exchangeable only in Japan for a physical item of some sort. I hear that the serial number cards are also included in the HK/Taiwan editions so you can get those instead of the Japan versions and it'd still be fine.

However, what do you do when you get all five and you don't live in Japan/HK/Taiwan? I'm hoping it's not actually for a physical good or anything because I've never heard of a campaign like this since usually that involves mailing items in. However, it appears that avex taiwan and HK have the information on hand about it being at stores only...

Ehhhhhhhh if it is a box to hold everything in. It's so odd considering that her last シリアルナンバー入りアクセスカード/serial number access cards were all for digital contents.
I'm pretty sure the codes will be used online through facebook app like what they had done previously. Hopefully they'll give something that is really worth the loyalty =.=

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Well when the LIVE Clip box came out, how did that work? You had to be in Japan in order to receive the extra DVD, no?
Japan version had the 3 DVD and the box in retail and they had to send in the postcard slip found inside the boxset as what truehappiness mentioned.
But OS pressed were release in 4DVD set.

Old 4th January 2013, 07:47 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
How can anyone hate RAINBOW???
That album has those perfect dreamlike arrangements that are sadly omitted and are less found on her albums after RAINBOW
Old 4th January 2013, 07:49 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmish87 View Post
How can anyone hate RAINBOW???
That album has those perfect dreamlike arrangements that are sadly omitted and are less found on her albums after RAINBOW
Off topic but: Did you make that gif? If so, how did you get it to be so smooth looking?
Old 4th January 2013, 08:19 PM
BEST Initiate

omg

Read the title and instantly lol'd. How ... repetitive.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:22 PM
YOU Initiate

RAINBOW was great album from her. No matter what people say this album one of ayumi best work. Just try listening the album from the beginning till the end again, maybe u will LOVE it. Sometime we can't ĺove the song by only listening once or twice. the more we listen the song, the more we found how to ĺove it
Old 4th January 2013, 09:33 PM
GREEN Initiate

I love RAINBOW, but compared to I am.. which it came right after, it was pretty weak.
Old 4th January 2013, 09:41 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I love RAINBOW now, but in the beginning I didn't care much to it in comparison to her other albuns at the time (with the exception of ASfXX)... I grew to love it after some time.

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, hamasaki ayumi, love again