Ayu Schedule #11 [2008-2012] - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc. - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd December 2012, 06:51 PM
I am... Initiate

How far away is the airing of Hey!x3 from now? I'm wondering if it will be online when I get back from school tomorrow in around 18 hours
Old 2nd December 2012, 10:15 PM
Initiate

Cant wait! So long without a performance
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:18 AM
monochrome Initiate

again and again people saying without any evidence if ayu banned from msta...

Old 3rd December 2012, 12:22 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Why do people think ayu is banned from Music Station? I dont understand what happened.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 3rd December 2012, 12:25 AM
GREEN Initiate

because she didnt show up for a show last year.
its stupid to think that way really.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:26 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
I wonder if she's apologised. She's clearly banned or in their bad books, they didn't send her any flowers this year and haven't even invited her to their biggest show of the year.
I'm really thinking that is actually the case. If she can get on FNS, you would think mssl shouldn't be a problem.

Heyx3, FNS, and that summer special she did all air on Fujitv. So she still has a good relationship with that network it seems.

I know people think its a small thing, but every year mstay sent flowers to her concert except this year. Other music shows still send them. I go to a lot of concerts and every other artist usually gets flowers from music station too. It IS strange that she is no longer receiving them. I guess we will have to see at cdl this year if it continues or not.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd December 2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wish we had more images of the bouquets from AT12 and previous shows so that we know what that looked like as a whole. What if she hasn't been getting them since before the beloved incident? Maybe someone can scan the area during CDL this month?

http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2131629460018384201

Looking back at the situation, things got pretty heated. I wonder if the guy who mismanaged the flights or w/e got fired... I mean, Minazo disappeared off the face of the planet after Love songs after all. I mean, it was only a little over a year ago, but it's not like she appeared on TV much for the majority of this year to begin with. I hope they invite her back at the least or have Tamori acknowledge her somewhere.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd December 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:29 AM
GAME Initiate

who cares tho? i understand wanting more live performances of her songs, but the format of music station is mad outdated and cheap. anyway imo ayumi hamasaki shouldn't be sitting among all the simpleton *****es of the japanese music industry, be forced to watch footage of ancient seiko matsuda performances, and then have to go up to sing with the original studio instrumental playing in the background and yoshio + enrique pretending to play their instruments. like can we reconsider how necessary this is?

and if tamori/the execs really have beef, then they're most likely just sexist and jealous. y'all know if mr.children or b'z pulled that same stunt it would be totally okay. and let's be real, tamori look like he molests young girls on trains.

Last edited by Coelacanth; 3rd December 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:34 AM
SCAR Initiate

Agreed (except for the simpleton comment haha). Music Station has always come across as a cheap and frankly boring music performance show. Heyx3 was always more exciting and light hearted, her performances more energetic.

Music Station does have the reputation though, has been around for so long, and seems to get the bigger names to appear (both domestic and international). But in the era of Ayu doing no TV lives, probably not a big deal to her at all. Perhaps it had something to do with her lack of TV lives now?
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:36 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I wish we had more images of the bouquets from AT12 and previous shows so that we know what that looked like as a whole. What if she hasn't been getting them since before the beloved incident? Maybe someone can scan the area during CDL this month?
i actually went to the shows and I'm pretty sure the flowers were indeed not there. But I will keep a special eye out now at cdl.

Also, it should be kept in mind that she missed music station twice. The first time was completely understandable. But music station is a live show so no matter what reason she missed for, from their perspective it is a huge hassle and it happened twice. If it were a prerecorded show, it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Btw, thanks for posting that link , I hadn't read it before. People were indeed freaking serious about it, and that was coming from her own fans.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd December 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:40 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

^ Oh what happened the second time? The first time is because she couldn't get a flight right?
Old 3rd December 2012, 01:42 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ I think thats the 2nd time... the first was her hand right? or was that just CDL?
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Ayu missed MUSIC STATION in 2008 I think because she had broken parts of her hand after a Christmas party or something and had to get surgery for it at the time. I think she was to perform Days.

As for the second time, there was some miscommunication with a flight and as a result she was stuck in the US. Max should've just flown a company jet out for Ayu, haha. Though I recall her saying that she wanted to come back with everyone from her team, not just on her own?
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:04 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ yeah that's the long and short of what happened pretty much.

And from what read in that page you posted, ayu probably should have handled herself better. The gist was basically fans were asking her what she was even doing in NYC knowing that she had a live performance in Japan so soon. How was it that she could not possibly get back? As you mentioned she could have flown on her own or private jet. But ayu's reply essential placed all blame on her manager and staff. People didn't like that. They wanted to see her take some responsibility for it because whether it is actually her fault, it is still ultimately her responsibility because it is her name out there not her staffs and you need to take responsibility for your staff members actions because they represent you. Taking responsibility, even when it might not actually be your fault is a big part of Japanese culture.

Ayu seems like she was unwilling to do that and I even picked up on some sarcasm in some of her replies. Which I kind of love her for because it once again proves that she has a much more western kind of mindset than a lot of Japanese people. But yeah, perhaps not the best move for her actual career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
and if tamori/the execs really have beef, then they're most likely just sexist and jealous. y'all know if mr.children or b'z pulled that same stunt it would be totally okay. and let's be real, tamori look like he molests young girls on trains.
[/quote]

lol, I don't even know what to say. hahaha.

But, as far as a male artist being treated the same way, I honestly don't know because I can't think of one that has missed before.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd December 2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:10 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84308
Her TA entry in 2008 about the surgery on her hand

It's rather insane imo that she even went through with PCDL (with its length and amount of stuff to do for that entire concert) like a week after messing up her hand.
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:12 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ was another part about last years ws that she was sick as well?
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, whenever she goes to the US, she seems to get sick in some way so that's not surprising. However, she probably got even more sick due to all the running around.

I remember she went from NY to CA to try to find flights but by then it was too late.

A huge transcript of the translated tweets from Misa-chan... it's a very good read.

Spoiler:
ayu_19980408: Last-minute cancellations and inevitability are 2 different things.

ayu_19980408: Tonight, I will explain things clearly here, so that everyone, not only TA will know.

Ayun17Branko: What is the meaning of being in NY during this time period? Why didn’t you guys book flight tickets when you first realized the photoshoot will be postponed? Couldn’t you have come back first, then return to NY again after MSta? Do you know how many people are looking forward to MSta tomorrow?
ayu_19980408: Of course, we tried to book tickets. But my staff somehow mixed up the timings by one hour, so we couldn’t get a flight for all of us. And that flight which we missed was the only flight available. That was the start of this whole saga. “Do you know how many people are looking forward to MSta tomorrow?” There is no reason for me not to know.

Ayun17Branko: The delay in photoshoot was because of the weather? You can’t predict the weather, but can’t you guys make predictions? If saying this to ayu-chan doesn’t work, should I tell Prince instead?
ayu_19980408: An artiste’s job doesn’t include thinking about weather problems and managing her schedule to fit. That’s why we have managers.

midoshi21: “Last-minute cancellations and inevitability are 2 different things.” I don’t agree with this… No matter which way I look at it, this management problem was due to a miss of ayu’s self-management. I think you need to acknowledge that… If you knew you may not be able to come back, couldn’t you have negotiated to do a live feed performance from the US?
ayu_19980408: What do you mean by “a miss of ayu’s self-management”? Negotiate a live feed performance? I can’t do that, all the timings and stuff for that will have to come from TV Asahi.

marinnko07: Those who aren’t fans will probably think you did a last-minute cancellation (゚〜゚ But I want you to take care of yourself first for now (cries)
Yocchan__ayu: Whatever happens, just take a rest. No matter what happens, ayu-chan’s health needs to be perfect!
ayu_19980408: Well, I can’t help what others think of me. We have given it our all and tried our best.

ayu69maki: I feel that there is no need for you to explain yourself on Twitter this time. Though non-TA fans and overseas fans can see what you’ve written, people who hate ayu will see it too. That will become more knife-like words which will hurt ayu, I don’t want to see that (;_
ayu_19980408: Because I have Twitter, I think I may have to do so. People often don’t know the sharpness of their knife-like words, they just type and press send. This easily leads to many people getting caught up in the mess.

Rina_tamu: I think a pro is someone who can do their work no matter what happens. Whatever the reason for this miss is, if it makes you unable to do your work, I think that a suitable apology and detailed explanation is essential. Doesn’t matter if you’re a celebrity or a normal person.
ayu_19980408: Of course, you’re right. But I need permission from the company before I can give any detailed explanations. I’m waiting for that now.

SatoDice_K: Please… Stop blaming on ayu.
ayu_19980408: Im use to it)

togayu_11o8: For things you don’t realize yourself, there are others who will make you aware of it, and they care for ayu-chan. But there are those who use harsh words… If they are not thinking about their words, then don’t talk to them, right? ayu-chan? (◍•ᴗ•◍)
ayu_19980408: If everyone, including those who don’t show their faces, can take responsibility of their words, then Twitter will surely be more enjoyable (*^^*)

Ayun17Branko: Because I like you, I want to know things. But I’m not sure if having faith is enough. ayu-chan… It doesn’t matter who made the mistake, Prince will not get blamed. In the end, the one who has to take all the blame is Hamasaki Ayumi. Are you ok with that?
ayu_19980408: Of course. It’s always been this way.

hinokikyo: Now, please just somehow do what you really should do.
ayu_19980408: Yessir (`_´)ゞ

ayu_glay_aaa: ayu has always been the one supporting me. So at this critical time now, can useless me become ayu’s support? (´;ω;`)
ayu_19980408: You are (*^^*)

kayo_19980408: Lots of thoughts and opinions are flying around, but I’m just looking on. I’ll gently watch over you. I’ll believe you. I just love you.
ayu_19980408: Thank you (*^^*)

leeo0x0olee: Because there’s so little TV performances this time, all the more that everyone is looking forward to this… Even though there may be a last-minute cancellation, I’ll accept it
ayu_19980408: I’m used to it, so its ok (*^^*)

ayuichibam: There’s so many opinions and emotions here. Everyone definitely loves ayu (*^O^*)
ayu_19980408: That’s why… I know (*^^*)v

Ayun17Branko: I don’t know too (´Д` ) It’s vexing because I like you so much and I wanted to meet you. That’s why I said such harsh words. Even though ayu-chan is not a bad person, what is happening now is reality. Don’t say things like “inevitable” and try to run away. Please explain it properly, we’ll understand.
ayu_19980408: I’m not running away. If I was running away, I would have left everything to the company to handle, and not be running around airports myself trying to get a flight.

momo_tamu: ayu, don’t explain too much on Twitter, because there are people who are waiting to hurt you.. Please don’t get hurt anymore.
ayu_19980408: OK ♪ Sorry.

tats_1love: Sorry. I should have used the TA messaging system. Seems like I’ve created a big mess.
ayu_19980408: It’s totally not your fault, don’t worry about it (^_−)−☆

kinokkop: All us fans have our own expectations of ayu, but we all emphasize that we “believe” ayu. This may sound really shallow, but in this world of words, we won’t want to break the thought in any word we say. ayu-chan, we’ll watch over you.
ayu_19980408: (*^^*)

mametan_love07: No matter how many days it takes, as long as ayu and staff get back to Japan safe, that’ll be enough (*^^*)
ayu_19980408: Thank you (*^^*) But we won’t give up, and will stick with it till the very last moment ☆

yuukiopp: People show their love in different ways. To that extent, we also don’t understand the awesome influence and power of words.
ayu_19980408: Yep (*^^*) But because everyone loves me regardless of how I am, I’m able to accept everything ♪

xA_A_Nx: ayu is always the one apologizing. I want to say sorry too.
ayu_19980408: Because I am the troupe leader baby (`_´)ゞ *sparkle*

Papaz_kawanishi: How can you be so sincere? Where do you get the strength to express yourself?
ayu_19980408: This is the only way of living that I know~

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd December 2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:32 AM
walking proud Initiate

Also, a couple of days later, mika John, like a true idiot(sorry, but it is idiotic) posted a personal message she got from ayu on twitter where ayu said she was sick and wouldn't sing for a while. Why oh why did she do that? So then it made it look like the flight was not the issue but that ayu didn't want to sing while sick. Which probably is not considered a valid excuse to miss a live show unless you are on your death bed, since a lot of people (including ayu as well, perform while sick). So it made it look like there were two not so good excuses and a possible lie on top of it as well.

Does ayu still talk to mika John? Lol

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd December 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:34 AM
End of the World Initiate

I know to most foreigners that it sounds really really stupid for her to be banned from Music Station, but Music Station is the number one music program in Japan, I believe. And Tamori holds a lot of power in the entertainment business, and it's embarrassing for him to be stood up like that.

The thing is is that Ayu did not take the blame herself. As mentioned above, in Japan, you should take responsibility for what happened, even if it's not your fault to begin with. It sounds stupid, but that's the way things go, and you can't change it. She is definitely banned from Music Station. There is absolutely no reason why Music Station would not send flowers to the most important day of her tour (in Japan, the last day of the tour is always the most exciting, and usually the one filmed.) As I mentioned before, all other Music programs did it. And now she's not invited to MSSL when we know she's been accepting music program offers? And to say she refused the invitation is highly, highly unlikely. The artist would never accept one music program's invitation and not the other, it leads to bad relationships within the business.

She is definitely, one hundred percent blacklisted from Music Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Does ayu still talk to mika John? Lol
They talk occasionally on Twitter!
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:37 AM
GREEN Initiate

^^ you have no proof... and I for one wasnt saying that its stupid that she is banned, but its stupid that people think she is banned.

I wonder what she would have against AKB... unless of course she understands that they are truly just being used as sex objects and nothing else?
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki