[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd April 2019, 12:44 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I could easily see Ayu touring with either just her band or some dancers or even as a solo act if this was of her interested. And I do believe her hearing problem is more of an issue than pride in here, as touring Japan is somewhat a safe and controlled enviroment.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd April 2019, 12:46 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
And I do believe her hearing problem is more of an issue than pride in here, as touring Japan is somewhat a safe and controlled enviroment.
You take your sound technician with you on tour and it's safe anywhere.
Old 3rd April 2019, 01:49 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I don't even think World Tour was ever an option on her career...

But one of the biggest names in Brazilian Pop - Ivete Sangalo - have done a single concert in New York and it was really well received, not because she's international famous but because there's a lot of brazilians living in the US and also Americans/foreigners that have interest in Brazilian Music. So I think if Ayu did something like that she would attract not only her fans but for sure the japanese music fans. But I really think she never even considered doing a western concert.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 3rd April 2019, 01:50 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^I said in the sense she has some control over how to react if things go bad and she needs medical care, either for her hearing of problems originated from it like her lack of balance.

Old 3rd April 2019, 01:52 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I recall ayu talking about more asia activities in 2015 during A-Nation Singapore, but she scrapped that to focus on A ONE, AT2015, sixxxxxx, and TA2015 to spend more time with her Japanese fans. She even had one sing composed by JJ Lin and collaborated with a Taiwanese boyband on another song. Its either she has no plans to connect with her overseas audience or local organizers aren't interested in bringing in artists like her considering there was so much rumors about how expensive it was to bring AT07 and AT08 outside Japan (ex. hotel rooms, staff, logistics)
Old 3rd April 2019, 02:12 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
^ Is her pride involved? Maybe. Would you expect Namie, or Koda Kumi, or anyone who has had huge success to suddenly do a small venue world tour? No. There are exceptions I'm sure, but for the most part artists of a certain stature will never do these things. For example, I would NEVER see any of them performing at a convention.
There have been some notable exceptions, but I agree that I don't see Ayumi doing it.

Largest exception that comes to mind for me was L'arc en Ciel playing an anime convention back in 2004. Hyde tours either solo or with Vamps pretty much every year in America in small venues even though he still sells out stadiums, domes etc., in Japan. But he is certainly an exception. I really don't think he makes much money from this either; I think he just likes doing it.

Now, honestly, unless Ayumi is willing to play clubs, that's all she's pretty much able to do outside of Asia. Pre-2010 would have been the time to make any kind of serious stab at playing outside of Asia.

Quote:
^I said in the sense she has some control over how to react if things go bad and she needs medical care, either for her hearing of problems originated from it like her lack of balance.
Much of her medical care regarding that has been done in Los Angeles as I understand it.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd April 2019 at 02:15 AM.
Old 3rd April 2019, 02:29 AM
Two of us Initiate

Crystal Kay was really big for some years, and now that she's "over" she's still plenty busy doing high class events for luxury brands and festivals/one-off performances.

Or, maybe the greatest comparison to Ayu career-wise (as far as I know) is Matsuda Seiko, who had a very similar career (huge boom early on --> biggest star of her generation --> dedicated fan base). Now she does smaller but regular projects and yearly dinner shows for which she charges huge money. Not conventions, but small and classy.

In other words, I don't see why Ayu couldn't keep performing in smaller venues just looking at the careers of those who came before her. It seems to work for them. But there's definitely a kind of smaller performance that would suit her, something where she still headlines.
Old 3rd April 2019, 02:34 AM
rainy day Initiate

I really wish she'd do an Asian tour at least since her recent tours are downscaled to halls. Could EASILY sell those out. Heck, come back to Singapore! It was pretty obvious that 90% of the audience came for a-nation Singapore JUST for Ayu.
Old 3rd April 2019, 03:09 AM
still alone Initiate

I would not be confident about US tour dates. Maybe if there was a lot of promotion on social media it could work. It would most likey be 1 or 2 dates in New York and then another few in Los Angeles or San Francisco.
In 2019, Ayu is a distant memory here. And even when she did have some popularity she was polarizing and her singing was heavily criticized by many. The Utada vs Ayumi fan wars were rough as well.
I would also point out that if you take a look around AHS, most of those still active here are located in Asia, Europe, and South America. To me that says a lot. But if she were to do it, I definitely would try to attend.
Old 3rd April 2019, 05:33 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
^ Is her pride involved? Maybe. Would you expect Namie, or Koda Kumi, or anyone who has had huge success to suddenly do a small venue world tour? No. There are exceptions I'm sure, but for the most part artists of a certain stature will never do these things. For example, I would NEVER see any of them performing at a convention.
Like I said just take a look at Perfume's 'monster' concert they had last year and how just 3 days ago they started their 4th wourld tour in the small venues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
You take your sound technician with you on tour and it's safe anywhere.
Quote:
She takes a doctor and someone to translate for her and you know all the things and people money can buy it's no impossible!.

Ii has nothing to do with health, power, money, time... etc... she just should want to do it, but she doesn't, unlike Perfume who are building a fan base, so they can later do the big places (Did you know they are going to be in coachella?, that's something isn't it?) I bet ayumi just wants the biggest places but will she fill them? who knows...
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 3rd April 2019, 05:46 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
"The Next Love", "Eyes, Smoke, Magic", "Party Queen" are gems?
They are for me! The next LOVE has some of her best, most personal lyrics imo.
Old 3rd April 2019, 06:50 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
Ii has nothing to do with health, power, money, time... etc... she just should want to do it, but she doesn't, unlike Perfume who are building a fan base, so they can later do the big places (Did you know they are going to be in coachella?, that's something isn't it?) I bet ayumi just wants the biggest places but will she fill them? who knows...
Ayu wasn't going after the bigger places even at her peak, or she would have toured domes and stadiums more. Until 2010 or so she could easily sell out the largest venues in Japan and she even didn't try. On the other side, she did several small concerts over the years, even one for 2k people at the Tokyo Pride.

Wanting the biggest places for sure isn't a factor in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
They are for me! The next LOVE has some of her best, most personal lyrics imo.
The jazz section in Party Queen easily has some of her most interesting tracks to day.

But it's the fandom issue. They keep asking for Ayu to try new stuff and them trash everything new she actually tries.

Last edited by taskinillusion; 4th April 2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:15 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Ayu wasn't going after the bigger places even at her peak, or she would have toured domes and stadiums more. Until 2010 or so she could easily sell out the largest venues in Japan and she even didn't try. On the other side, she did several small concerts over the years, even one for 2k people at the Tokyo Pride.

Some are small live performances not concerts as such, like those on Disneyworld and the tokyo parade.

But whatever is the case we are talking about going on a world tour overseas now! and why she hasn't and we can only speculate, you can't get rid of any of the reasons posted before.

The only truth is that she hasn't yet she has the fans doesn't she? she has the position, the years of experience, the money, the staff, the time, the songs!!, the props and outfits (and you know she loves to Reuse and Recycle all of them nowadays)... etc.
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)

Last edited by minkAYuko; 3rd April 2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 3rd April 2019, 07:49 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:

I think I read somewere that the sound in Domes is not good for her ear, that´s why she didn´t do Dome Tours after her 2001 one anymore. Her ear problems started on this tour.
Because I am sure in 2002/2003 she still could fill Domes easily (in 2002 she filled even whole stadiums)

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:01 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
Some are small live performances not concerts as such, like those on Disneyworld and the tokyo parade.

But whatever is the case we are talking about going on a world tour overseas now! and why she hasn't and we can only speculate, you can't get rid of any of the reasons posted before.

The only truth is that she hasn't yet she has the fans doesn't she? she has the position, the years of experience, the money, the staff, the time, the songs!!, the props and outfits (and you know she loves to Reuse and Recycle all of them nowadays)... etc.
No actually you were saying that it's because of pride that she hasn't done smaller performances with more fan interaction - which she actually has done. She also brings people onto the stage. The last time she tried to be present at a book event (2011-2012?) avex actually ended up with a lawsuit for public disturbance.

So we are not just talking about the world tour here. As far as the world tour goes, considering she hasn't done it during her peak and everything else you said - the answer is probably pretty simple. She does not want to.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd April 2019, 12:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
I don't even think World Tour was ever an option on her career...

But one of the biggest names in Brazilian Pop - Ivete Sangalo - have done a single concert in New York and it was really well received, not because she's international famous but because there's a lot of brazilians living in the US and also Americans/foreigners that have interest in Brazilian Music. So I think if Ayu did something like that she would attract not only her fans but for sure the japanese music fans. But I really think she never even considered doing a western concert.
Ken Hirai did this last year, two shows in New York in a small venue, and he usually does Arena tours domestically if I’m not mistaken. Most of the people there came on organized trips from Japan by his fanclub. I think 99% of the VIP area seats were filled by fanclub people from Japan and a lot of Japanese people flew in from California to see him. So it IS possible for Ayu to do something similar if there is enough interest, since the fanclub trips also included sightseeing in New York. It’s possible, it’s just not probable.

As Sunshineslayer mentioned above, Hyde and his various projects does it too, but I agree it’s just because he likes playing shows and he’s adventurous. If you’re not worried about the money, it’s easier to do. It also occurred to me that her ear problem also factor into this- if she does a poor job, international audiences might not be as forgiving as her local ones and she doesn’t want to deal with the negative reactions/press.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 3rd April 2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:53 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
No actually you were saying that it's because of pride that she hasn't done smaller performances with more fan interaction - which she actually has done. She also brings people onto the stage. The last time she tried to be present at a book event (2011-2012?) avex actually ended up with a lawsuit for public disturbance.

So we are not just talking about the world tour here. As far as the world tour goes, considering she hasn't done it during her peak and everything else you said - the answer is probably pretty simple. She does not want to.
She could still have toured stadiums if the issue was the size of the venue. She most likely prefers to keep some kind of direct contact to the audience, something harder to do in larger spaces.

Old 3rd April 2019, 04:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I don't even think is fair to compare Perfume and Hyde's overseas activities with Ayu's. Perfume is the perfect pack of "Japanese Electric ""Idol"" Group" that the American/Western public is ready to consume. That's why the label is putting so much effort on their International debut. They represent the vision of "The Japan of now" that westerns have and that's a great opportunity. Hyde, by the other hand, was in L'arc~en~Ciel, the most famous Japanese band outside Japan. Theme songs of so many animes and still so big in the memory of every single person that found out J-Pop on the internet. And then we have Ayu, a solo female singer that was never a big hit on the western scene (not even inside the "otaku" community). So she wouldn't even get the attention of the "nowadays" otakus - different from Hyde and Perfume. I don't think she's keen to risk doing a western tour, being a possible flop/failure and then having to deal with all the backlash in Japan after that...

By the way, super excited for the concert sunday!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 3rd April 2019, 06:42 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:

I think her selling out a dome or stadium at any point past say, 2006, is a big big stretch.
Old 3rd April 2019, 06:57 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I think her selling out a dome or stadium at any point past say, 2006, is a big big stretch.
I think she could, but like, 1 or 2 dates, not a whole tour. Kinda like Nana Mizuki.

Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020