New album titled 'MADE IN JAPAN' - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th April 2016, 04:17 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I don't really get the obsession people have with singles nor do I see why would anyone want a best of filled with tracks we've heard instead of a new album...
Because that's how artists promote themselves. Like tokyoxjapanxfan mentioned, it always meant lives and interviews and whatnot. Not to mention singles usually come with B-sides and remixes. But Ayu rarely promotes herself nowadays so whatever lol
Old 28th April 2016, 04:31 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Whenever I'm writing a post right after your I get distracted by your sign lol (not complaining tho)

I wasn't expecting the album to be named MADE IN JAPAN, that's a surprise for me lol I guess that's an opposite route of the usual? To me it looks like the tour named the album, not the other way round.

Either way I hope she goes for some traditional Japanese elements on some of the songs. Like, I don't need her to sing enka on the album (would love it tho) but songs hinting on it, like Shape of Love and Will

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 28th April 2016, 04:42 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
Maybe you should edit out the fake release date in the first post, truehappiness? To prevent misunderstandings by people who can't be bothered to read properly.

This. So much. What's better than getting a lot of new material?
Getting two lots of new material. Only this. Or maybe three lots of new material.

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Old 28th April 2016, 05:34 PM
rainy day Initiate

I think also, singles provide for the opportunity to deliver a concept. A mini "world" and environment can be fleshed out from the songs and turned into a visual spectacle. It allows for a bit of extravagance, and the world of Hamasaki Ayumi seems much larger and expansive when you look back on a year and see all the different places she took you with her paintings of works. It's like the door opens every 3 months and it's a new place to explore, a new vision to be seen. I miss that feeling of waiting for the door to open again, and the curiosity as to what we will be shown this time. As the release date gree closer, we'd all have our ears pressed to that door. We'd begin to hear muffled sounds (snippets, CM spots) - processing the tease of what's to come. That's how I remember it.

It happens once a year now, and it seems to close faster than ever before. Also, it rarely feels like a world at all anymore. It's like a closet door with creaky floorboards and cobwebs. You can tell someone made an effort to clean it up; there are finger trails left in the piles of accumulated dust - but you always feel like more of an effort could have been made to really make that room shine. And you think to yourself "ah, I guess this is how it is now," and you try to accept the fact. But, when you leave that room, and after the door shuts once more, you can't help but wonder if when the next time it opens, what it would be like to see the room completely luminous again.

Last edited by Zeke.; 28th April 2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 28th April 2016, 05:36 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I think also, singles provide for the opportunity to deliver a concept. A mini "world" and environment can be fleshed out from the songs and turned into a visual spectacle. It allows for a bit of extravagance, and the world of Hamasaki Ayumi seems much larger and expansive when you look back on a year and see all the different places she took you with her paintings of works. It's like the door opens every 3 months and it's a new place to explore, a new vision to be seen. I miss that feeling of waiting for the door to open again, and the curiosity as to what we will be shown this time.

It happens once a year now, and it seems to close faster than ever before. Also, it rarely feels like a world at all anymore. It's like a closet door with creaky floorboards and cobwebs. You can tell someone made an effort to clean it up; there are finger trails left in the piles of accumulated dust - but you always feel like more of an effort could have been made to really make that room shine.
I love your metaphor :'D

Old 28th April 2016, 05:39 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
ayumix 8 pls
Hell yeah! I would be totally in for that! ♥

Quote:
I think also, singles provide for the opportunity to deliver a concept. A mini "world" and environment can be fleshed out from the songs and turned into a visual spectacle. It allows for a bit of extravagance, and the world of Hamasaki Ayumi seems much larger and expansive when you look back on a year and see all the different places she took you with her paintings of works. It's like the door opens every 3 months and it's a new place to explore, a new vision to be seen. I miss that feeling of waiting for the door to open again, and the curiosity as to what we will be shown this time. As the release date gree closer, we'd all have our ears pressed to that door. We'd begin to hear muffled sounds (snippets, CM spots) - processing the tease of what's to come. That's how I remember it.
Exactly this.

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08

Last edited by Party_King; 28th April 2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:52 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
Maybe you should edit out the fake release date in the first post, truehappiness? To prevent misunderstandings by people who can't be bothered to read properly.
I usually try to keep the original posts there for posterity but I edited it out just to keep things clear. Kept my crossed out "THIS ISN'T TRUE" part though.
Old 28th April 2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:

It happens once a year now, and it seems to close faster than ever before. Also, it rarely feels like a world at all anymore. It's like a closet door with creaky floorboards and cobwebs. You can tell someone made an effort to clean it up; there are finger trails left in the piles of accumulated dust - but you always feel like more of an effort could have been made to really make that room shine. And you think to yourself "ah, I guess this is how it is now," and you try to accept the fact. But, when you leave that room, and after the door shuts once more, you can't help but wonder if when the next time it opens, what it would be like to see the room completely luminous again.
Love that post!

Also I think that when she had a few singles over the year her albums where more diverse. Party Queen was the only album since she stopped releasing regular singles that had a diverse sound. LOVE again, Colors, A ONE... they're all pretty boring albums when listening from start to the end.
Old 28th April 2016, 08:52 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:

+1

I don't even care about the number of singles etc, I was even angry that singles have 2-3 maximum new songs and album gives me a loads of more.. but everything you said above created Ayu. I coudn't write it more clearly.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:10 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it's just changed a bit as the industry has changed and as Ayu herself has changed. I don't know if we'll ever get that again with her pulling away from promo almost completely and no CM tie ups anymore.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:33 PM
Daybreak Guardian

When it comes to Ayu nowadays I don't care about singles anymore. Colours and A ONE were pretty short and something tells me that she's going to keep releasing albums with fewer tracks, so I'd rather have new material instead of a bunch of tracks from singles. It was different back in the day when a single used to mean a new PV, a bunch of TV performances, promotion, etc. Ah, the old days...
Old 28th April 2016, 09:55 PM
Voyage Initiate

I'm not sure if I'm convinced that the album is going to be "dark" as we don't have much information to go on.

Quote:
I must be really bad at music too because the version of GREEN from the last CDL doesn't sound anything like rock to me
Same - to me it sounds more, well...Green-y.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:58 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think if it makes Ayu think "Is this person going to be okay?!", I'm sure it's a bit different from the usual, lol.
Old 28th April 2016, 10:10 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I'd say GREEN was a (Band version) rather than rock... Yeah there was a guitar but that's not enough for me (M at PoM is an example of a rock version)

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 29th April 2016, 04:30 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

It was a japanese version instead of the original chinese arrangment...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th April 2016, 04:51 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

GREEN (MADE IN JAPAN version) would be a great bonus to a single or album haha.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 29th April 2016, 09:22 AM
poker face Initiate

Darker songs (be it because of lyrics, instrumental, both or whatever) are definitely my favourite, but I never hope too much for her to make new ones because she said she writes songs depending on how she feels, and I obviously hope for her to feel good. So, reading what she said about dark lyrics, looks like ayu hit my sweetspot. I wouldn't mind something apparently upbeat and happy-go-lucky but with actually melancholic lyrics such as fairyland; also, I second who said an alterna-like song would be awesome for the internet bullying theme.
Spoiler:
Oh, and I'm in the Winter diary lovers minority group as well. Without the intro, anyway, it wouldn't feel the same: the organ pipe part is just beautiful, and even though in the beginning I wasn't too fond of the "Silent Night" part, I think it introduces the song splendidly.
Old 29th April 2016, 09:28 AM
poker face Initiate

I also like Winter diary
Old 29th April 2016, 10:34 AM
P.S II Initiate

Winter Diary's PV could be bonus track on the DVD/Bluray.
Old 29th April 2016, 11:03 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceshields View Post
Winter Diary's PV could be bonus track on the DVD/Bluray.
"To be continued..." message at the end of the PV makes me feel like this song will be linked to other song in the album. It may not be a bonus material for DVD/Bluray.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Tags
flower, m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan, survivor, you are the only one