[Ai Otsuka] Rocket in Pocket 9th official thread Ai Otsuka - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th July 2008, 08:11 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

sorry what I meant was if Pocket was included in LOVE PiECE , do you think the album will sell better ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 8th July 2008, 10:05 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenpang View Post
sorry what I meant was if Pocket was included in LOVE PiECE , do you think the album will sell better ?
Didn't people complain that there wasn't enough newness on that album??
As long as it didn't replace a new track then perhaps...although it didn't garner much sales so I don't think it would've helped.

It kinda makes me sad though. Pocket was really pretty and I felt it was a step in the right direction for her to win back interest...and then came Rocket Sneaker / One Time...

With love from ll moments ll

http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/ [My J-Pop Review Blog] [20,000 hits = new layout ]

Destiny Line [The BRAND NEW BLOG FOLKS!!!! ]

Take me to a world where there is no one

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 8th July 2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amai Yume View Post
Didn't people complain that there wasn't enough newness on that album??
As long as it didn't replace a new track then perhaps...although it didn't garner much sales so I don't think it would've helped.

It kinda makes me sad though. Pocket was really pretty and I felt it was a step in the right direction for her to win back interest...and then came Rocket Sneaker / One Time...
I guess Kevin

bcos 1/2 of LOVE PiECE was already released prior to the announcement of the album

no wonder people will feel short change over this

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 8th July 2008, 11:51 AM
independent Initiate

Yeah I agree that there wasn't enough newness on it
6/11 tracks were already heard and honestly I absolute hate the way they market her CD + DVD versions by not including the single PVs on them...maybe that has something to do with it cause I know it pisses me off
Also, I just think it was her weakest album to date...

http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/ [My J-Pop Review Blog] [20,000 hits = new layout ]

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 8th July 2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah I agree that there wasn't enough newness on it

6/11 tracks were already heard and honestly I absolute hate the way they market her CD + DVD versions by not including the single PVs on them...maybe that has something to do with it cause I know it pisses me off

Also, I just think it was her weakest album to date...
DVD content - yeah it's so silly to include only PEACH & the HEART PVs . Where're Renai Shashin , Freigner & Yumekui to begin with ?!

Old 8th July 2008, 11:54 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenpang View Post
DVD content - yeah it's so silly to include only PEACH & the HEART PVs . Where're Renai Shashin , Freigner & Yumekui to begin with ?!
It makes me sooooo mad. Cause I wanna buy her albums but I would like to just buy a CD + DVD version so I can have all the PVs on one disc to watch. Basically I now collect the singles CD + DVD of the songs I like...so far I only have 2 singles from her [Pocket and Kingyo Hanabi]. Yeesh...

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 8th July 2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
It makes me sooooo mad. Cause I wanna buy her albums but I would like to just buy a CD + DVD version so I can have all the PVs on one disc to watch. Basically I now collect the singles CD + DVD of the songs I like...so far I only have 2 singles from her [Pocket and Kingyo Hanabi]. Yeesh...
well all the PVs are included & left intact in her Ai am BEST ie if you bought the CD + DVD ver of it

it contains from her debut single all the way to Planetarium + LOVE MUSIC & Cherish too

it wouldn't hurt to pump the DVD content of LOVE PiECE with all the PVs that were released prior to the announcement of the album + also making of/behind the scenes footage too , Avex

Old 8th July 2008, 12:10 PM
independent Initiate

That's true...but I didn't buy Ai Am Best XD
I wonder why avex does that with her...Kuu and Ayu have very nice album DVD stuff so that's why I love watching but Ai...that's not cool.

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 8th July 2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
That's true...but I didn't buy Ai Am Best XD
I wonder why avex does that with her...Kuu and Ayu have very nice album DVD stuff so that's why I love watching but Ai...that's not cool.
eh you didn't buy Ai am BEST ? you should have dude

you can definitely tell the way that Avex promote/market Ai is so different from the 2 ladies

it's a shame that Ai is not getting the type of promotion/backup support that she should be getting

Old 8th July 2008, 12:44 PM
independent Initiate

I was gonna buy it cause it was actually responsible for getting me into Ai in the first place. I sampled Momo no Hanabira and Kingyo Hanabi on iTunes and from that moment on...
I don't actually know why I didn't buy it XD
I really wish Ai had that type of promotion because she deserves it. Hopefully those creative juices will flow again and she'll deliver a BOMB single next time It'll garner good sales and then help push the album...we can only hope

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 9th July 2008, 06:02 AM
ever free Initiate

^I agree =S wasn't Ai popular before kuu? I'm not saying kuu doesn't deserve her promotion but I mean shouldn't they give Ai lots of promo too? =S I think its because Ai has a diffferent manager than Max Matsuura so he doesn't pay as much attention to her ._. ~! while ayu and kuu were picked up by Max.

I KNOW she just needs 1 HIT single and her album will sell XP ~! I just hope she can pull it off >< ~! GO AI GO O<(^_^)>O

"Isn't it ironic that more people are interested in the maid rather than the queen of J-pop? Someone's losing their touch in the industry"
Old 9th July 2008, 06:07 AM
independent Initiate

^ yep yep, I think if Ai has one hit single then it'll defintely her album. Her sales have been kinda slipping so if she has that hit single, it'll stand out to the crowd even more!!!
I'm rooting for ya Ai!!!

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 9th July 2008, 06:13 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Jumping in, it's absolutely ridiculous that they don't include all the PVs in the CD+DVDs. :/ I mean, I understand it's a marketing gimmick to get the people to buy the singles more, but that means they'll also buy the albums less because of it. Unless they think people will still buy album anyways... :/

And going back just a little bit, I actually think Ai looks cute with a chubby face.
Old 9th July 2008, 06:16 AM
independent Initiate

^ yep yep, it just pisses me off XD
I mean sometimes people just want to wait to get albums instead of buying the singles. But if they want the PVs then guess what? You gotta buy the singles...I agree it kinda makes the album's worth less...particularly when there isn't very much newness on the album to lure the buyers...

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 9th July 2008, 06:19 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Is Ai the only artist they do this with?
Old 9th July 2008, 06:23 AM
independent Initiate

I think soo...
Other avex artists don't do it...BoA, Namie, Ayu, EXILE, Kumi...

Butttt, Suzuki's last album, DOLCE, was like Ai's usual thing as they only included the PV for "Bitter"
so maybe she's no the only 1...

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 9th July 2008, 07:21 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
Jumping in, it's absolutely ridiculous that they don't include all the PVs in the CD+DVDs. :/ I mean, I understand it's a marketing gimmick to get the people to buy the singles more, but that means they'll also buy the albums less because of it. Unless they think people will still buy album anyways... :/

And going back just a little bit, I actually think Ai looks cute with a chubby face.
^ lol ~! I guess at least someone agrees with me she got chubbier XD ~!

Yeah I think Ai is like the only artist that they do that with besides DOLCE like Amai said =S ~!

"Isn't it ironic that more people are interested in the maid rather than the queen of J-pop? Someone's losing their touch in the industry"
Old 9th July 2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
Is Ai the only artist they do this with?
no I don't think so

I think other artiste who're under avex also suffered the same fate as Ai

they're not as lucky as the 2 or is it 3 queens in Avex though (ayumi , Namie , Koda)

Old 9th July 2008, 09:03 AM
ever free Initiate

^ =O really lol I think I need to pay more attention to avex releases then XD ~! lol

Yeahh the Ai news has been so dead lately lol ~ Avril isn't such big news to us I guess LOL

Old 9th July 2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumixfan View Post
^ =O really lol I think I need to pay more attention to avex releases then XD ~! lol

Yeahh the Ai news has been so dead lately lol ~ Avril isn't such big news to us I guess LOL
I think currently , avex spent less effort & time on Ai . You look at the budget of the Rocket Sneaker PV & the covers too , it's quite low budget as compared to her debut single

the PV for her debut single looks expensive & has substance unlike Rocket Sneaker which looked quite cheap

Closed Thread

Tags
ai otsuka, kurage, love, nagareboshi, onextime release, rocket sneaker release