『A SUMMER BEST』8. August 2012 ~II~ - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th July 2012, 01:08 PM
Lelio Protector

That's not the official tracklists. These are the songs that will be there but we don't know if it's the official order of it yet.
Old 17th July 2012, 01:13 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Yeah, I think it's kinda misleading though. There is nothing written like "this is not the final tracklist, just the list of songs used". :/ http://www.generasia.com/wiki/A_Summer_Best
Old 17th July 2012, 02:10 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I also want to know proper list of a-nation lives
Old 18th July 2012, 12:42 AM
July 1st Initiate

Sigh. I think it's high time that the tracklist be released, o good people of avex trax.
Old 18th July 2012, 12:50 AM
SURREAL Initiate

And it has already been some time that they should have started promoting. They're snoozing, lazy bastards.
Old 18th July 2012, 02:07 AM
No way to say Initiate

CMs. give us CMs!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 18th July 2012, 03:42 AM
ayu trance Initiate

her website seems a bit lacking too. It looks like they just did the basics to change it to A SUMMER BEST with a hint of party queens old layout. Ayus English version of her site is worse, its still a mix of party queen and ASB, but her english sites never been kept up to date anyways

But in marketing nowadays its mostly all about the internet and social networks and getting the word out vs the old way of tv advertisement and product placement. But my fingers are crossed hoping shes resting for a big 15th Anniversary next year

Last edited by douggn; 18th July 2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 18th July 2012, 03:46 AM
Don't look back Initiate

^Her IT team is one of the most lazy I've seen in the music industry hands down.
Old 18th July 2012, 04:31 AM
No way to say Initiate

will you guys be annoyed if the songs mix into each other like a non-stop megamix cd?
Old 18th July 2012, 04:55 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^No, not at all.
Old 18th July 2012, 05:30 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
her website seems a bit lacking too. It looks like they just did the basics to change it to A SUMMER BEST with a hint of party queens old layout. Ayus English version of her site is worse, its still a mix of party queen and ASB, but her english sites never been kept up to date anyways

But in marketing nowadays its mostly all about the internet and social networks and getting the word out vs the old way of tv advertisement and product placement. But my fingers are crossed hoping shes resting for a big 15th Anniversary next year
ugh, it's not even changed, yes? it's still the PQ layout.

what are you guys they tend to change everything AFTER each and every release. be used to it lol
Old 18th July 2012, 05:39 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's gonna be a while before anything is changed. Maybe in a week or two you should expect it to be switched over?
Old 18th July 2012, 06:19 AM
July 1st Initiate

I'm hoping for a lot of exposure for this album; as in, performances and promotions. Unf.
Old 18th July 2012, 06:25 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

about time for me to get used with this covers.. =/ at least theres no limited ed. so im not "obligated" to buy the album...
Old 19th July 2012, 02:38 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Damn they're taking forever...I want the official tracklists!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 19th July 2012, 05:05 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I think for this release we actually have to wait till the final week before release for an actual tracklist. I'm pretty sure they'll start promoting after the release too. Honestly I hate avex (or/and the team responsible for ayu's websites and PROMOTION), they can't do anything right.

20 more days to go... I bet for all of my ayu cd's* that they'll start promoting when there are 3 days left or when she flops.

*(LOL A BEST II and FIVE)
Old 19th July 2012, 05:11 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^I hope they start promoting soon! This is starting to get pathetic!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 21st July 2012, 11:25 AM
YOU Initiate

Her team is one of the laziest team I have ever seen in the industry lol.

Im still talking about last time she is absent from Music Station.
Yea I know it could be ayu's problem that she wanna stay in NYC and keep changing schedule.

But It could never be the problem of the artist to handle the flight tix, which is her team responsibility to bring her back...

Ayu I know you love your team. but at the same time..it is really disappointing indeed.
Old 21st July 2012, 04:02 PM
GREEN Initiate

I wanna know if its avex or if its ayumi.
I mean ayumi fights so hard not to be a product (but in fact she is).
So if avex wants to protmote stuff, such as lives and do more photoshoots and stufff, but Ayumi says no, then avex cant do their job.
She seems happy in doing what she is doing and if she wanted to I bit she could promote the poop out of her albums, but she doesnt.
I blame both ayumi and avex to be honest.
Old 21st July 2012, 04:54 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I wanna know if its avex or if its ayumi.
I mean ayumi fights so hard not to be a product (but in fact she is).
So if avex wants to protmote stuff, such as lives and do more photoshoots and stufff, but Ayumi says no, then avex cant do their job.
She seems happy in doing what she is doing and if she wanted to I bit she could promote the poop out of her albums, but she doesnt.
I blame both ayumi and avex to be honest.
She does seem happier. To be honest, I don't blame Avex for any of ayu's faults. If she wanted more promotion she would have it. It doesn't feel like she's as interested in making sales since, as someone else pointed out (in another thread?), most of album sales go to Avex. She's already made them a boat load of cash do she's paid her dues.

I think she just wants to enjoy making music and perform it for fans. And she should be allowed to do that. I think we, foreign fans, are so hungry for her to be on top again and make decent sales because, perhaps, we feel it validates her more as a successful, popular artist.

But I think her Japanese fans are more interested in seeing her live because they have that access to her. So it may not matter as much to them if she does TV lives or if her face is plastered on every billboard, they get to go to her concerts and see her in the flesh. Her music may not draw the casual listeners but her concerts sure do.

In that way, she's very successful. She still sells out arenas! But us foreign fans don't have that direct access. We see her indirectly through TV lives, promotional advertisement, magazine shoots, commercials, PVs, etc. So we want more of this stuff so she can sell more, which may of us equate to success.

We look at other female solo artists, like Namie, who have it all. Sales, successful concerts, promo, etc., and we want the same for ayu. But while Namie's second peak may be important to her, a second peak may not be the highest priority for ayu. I think ayu's artistic integrity and concerts are what's more important to her because that's what she spends most of her time focusing on. And that's okay. Ayu has been there and done that. She's done it all, actually. So why is it so bad for her to sacrifice sales to do what she wants to do musically? Especially since that's not the major source of her income. I mean, she gets to do what she loves (make the kind of music she wants to make), sell out shows and still make a fortune off of it after almost 15 years... It's no wonder she seems happier now than she's ever been.

As for A SUMMER BEST, I don't think it was necessarily ayu's idea but I don't think she disproved of it. Even if sales aren't ayu's number one concern, they are for Avex. And any profit they make helps fund their artists. So A SUMMER BEST could help pay for an elaborate PV ayu wants to do in the future, for example. So, all in all, ayu wins. And all she had to do is one song and one PV. Sure, more new music would have been nice. But we still have the ToX song to look forward to.

Last edited by jbrat2219; 21st July 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a summer best, you & me