Please read: Thread Subscription (email notifications) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 22nd July 2004, 12:16 AM
Wishing Guardian

Please read: Thread Subscription (email notifications)

Subscribing to Threads
Quote:
If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Receive updates to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.
The Welcome Panel on the forum front page of most of the layouts also contains a direct link to the subscriptions menu.

Very Important:
AHS sends out thousands of subscription notification emails, and this is consuming a lot of forum resources. We would like to avoid disabling this feature. This will only be possible if everyone complies with the following points:
1. Please review the threads you have subscribed to and delete any that you are no longer interested in keeping.
2. Please switch from instant notification to daily or weekly notification for those subscriptions you wish to continue. It is also possible to subscribe to threads without notifications. The options for this are located in the drop down menu on the subscribed threads page:
3. Please keep the email address in your profile up to date. Please avoid using AOL email addresses.
4. If your account is causing a particular problem in this regard a moderator may contact you and ask you to change your email address or subscription options. Please cooperate with their requests.
Thanks,
AHS Staff
Old 22nd July 2004, 07:23 PM
too late Initiate

can you tell me how to disable subscriptions all together? I come here often enough so i don't think i need to get them, as i don't get any for my other forums, but I was just curious, since i don't need them, and since it is draining resources, if there's a way so that you don't get any messages just because you reply to a thread? thanks in advance!

人間は皆一人だから・・・

Old 22nd July 2004, 10:25 PM
Banned

This thread should help
Old 22nd July 2004, 10:51 PM
too late Initiate

thanks! <3

人間は皆一人だから・・・

Old 22nd July 2004, 11:07 PM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaParaAkuma
can you tell me how to disable subscriptions all together? I come here often enough so i don't think i need to get them, as i don't get any for my other forums, but I was just curious, since i don't need them, and since it is draining resources, if there's a way so that you don't get any messages just because you reply to a thread? thanks in advance!
Just view all your subscribed threads and then delete them.
Old 28th July 2004, 11:45 AM
Wishing Guardian

We've started deleting subscriptions for accounts that are causing a problem.

If you have an AOL email address we strongly encourage you to switch to another address or delete all your subscriptions now.