Rainbow Cover and Article (Updated with New Pic on 12/10) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th December 2002, 12:07 AM
girlish H-Initiate

Talking Rainbow Cover and Article

歌手の浜崎_ゆみ(24)が来春農売予定の新曲「RAI NBOW」の“歌詞”を一般公募することが8日、明ら かになった。同題のアルバム(18日農売)の初回出荷盤 購入者を対象にした特別企画。歌詞のない未完成の曲を 特設サイトで公開し、ファンが曲から浮かんだイメージを言葉で表現、それを基に浜崎が歌詞を完成させる。 来年の第1弾シングルとなるだけに記録的な応募数にな りそうだ。

_ゆと一緒に新曲を作ろう!クリスマスを前に、ファ ンにはたまらないプレゼントが舞い込んできた。

浜崎が“歌詞”を一般公募するのは、新アルバム「R AINBOW」の初回出荷盤計200万枚のブックレット ノ「00曲目」として記載されている表題曲。だが、実際 ノはCD内には収録されていない“未完成”の作品で、 アれをファンとの共同作業で完成させ、2003年の第1弾 Vングルにするという夢の企画だ。

初回盤に封入されているパスワードを使い、携帯電話やパソコンを通じて期間限定(18日 から来年1月31日まで)の特設サイトにアクセスすると 、歌詞のないメロディーだけの同曲を聴_ことができる。そこで感じたイメージを単語や文章、詩など自由に表現して応募すると、そ れらを参考にして浜崎が歌詞を完成させる。

作曲したのは、ミリオンヒットした代表曲「SEAS ONS」などで知られるD・A・I。ドラマチックな雰 囲気のスローバラードになっており、特設サイトでは浜崎がメロディーに乗せて「ラララ〜」と口ずさむことになる。ファンと のコラボレーション(共同作業)を自ら考案した浜崎は「曲から感じ たイメージを基に、いろんなメッセージやキーワードを送って下さい」と話している。

またこの日、アルバム「RAINBOW」のジャケッ トを初公開。今秋ニューヨークのスタジオで、オールヌードで撮影に臨んだ衝撃作。CGでガラスの人形のような 透明な姿に変身しており、10日から東京・渋谷109な ど全国各所で巨大ボードが登場する。

≪キー氏撮影≫ジャケットを撮影したのは「VOGUE」など のファッション誌で活躍するシンガポール人カメラマン、レスリー・キー氏(31)。同氏とは今秋、世界各国で農売されているフ ァッション誌「W.E.」でも仕事をし、表紙を飾って いる。また浜崎は、今回のアルバムで初めて歌詞に英語 を使っており、新境地をみせている。

Auto-translation (doesn't make much sense) -
It became clear that Ayumi Hamasaki (24), a singer, does the general general invitation of the "words" of the new song "RAINBOW" of a sale schedule next spring on the 8th. The special plan for the first time shipment board buyer of the album (18-day sale) of this title. Incomplete music without words is exhibited to a specially set-up site, and Hamazaki completes words for the image on which the fan appeared from music based on expression and it by means of language. Because it becomes the 1st cartridge single next year, it is likely to become the record number of applications. I will make a new song together with _ゆ! With Christmas near at hand, the unbearable present has befallen the fan. That Hamazaki does the general general invitation of the "words" is title music indicated by the booklet of 2 million first time shipment 盤計 of a new album "RAINBOW" as "the 00th music." But, it is the "incomplete" work which is not recorded in CD in fact, and is the plan of the dream in which complete this by joint work with a fan, and it is made the 1st cartridge single in 2003. If the password enclosed with the first time board is used and the specially set-up site of period limitation (from the 18th up to January 31, next year) is accessed through a cellular phone or a personal computer, this music of only a melody without words can be listened to. Then, if the felt image is expressed to freedom, such as a word, and a text, poetry, and it subscribes, they will be made reference and Hamazaki will complete words. Having written music is D-A-I known for the representation music "SEASONS" which carried out the million hit. It is the slow ballade of a dramatic atmosphere, and to a specially set-up site, Hamazaki will put on a melody and will hum with "RARARA-." Hamazaki who devised collaboration (joint work) with a fan himself is talking [ "please send various messages and keywords based on the image felt from music", and ]. Moreover, it is first public presentation about the jacket of this day and an album "RAINBOW." 衝撃作 which attended photography in the all nude this autumn in the studio in New York. He is disguised as a transparent figure like the doll of glass by CG, and a huge board will appear by national every place, such as 109, Shibuya, Tokyo, from the 10th. It is the cameraman from Singapore who plays an active part in fashion magazines, such as "VOGUE", and the Lesley key (31) to have photoed the << key Mr. photography >> jacket. With the said person, this autumn, the fashion magazine "W. E." put on the market in every country in the world also worked, and the cover is decorated. Moreover, Hamazaki uses English for words for the first time in this album, and shows the new field.

from http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainm.../12/09/01.html

thanks nmskalmn!
Old 9th December 2002, 12:11 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Phew...i'm much more relieved now....I was afraid the cover would be that horrible pic from Ayu looking like a clown. this one is 12288201789107190170197197211721019% better than that other!!!! It's really very pretty!! Thanks Ashley!
Old 9th December 2002, 12:12 AM
girlish H-Initiate

another article

18日に農売される歌手、浜崎_ゆみ(24)の5枚目 の新アルバム「RAINBOW」の全貌が8日、所属レ コード会社から農表され、_ゆが初めてファンから詞を募集 することになった。同タイトルのインストゥルメンタル が聴ける特典が初回盤のみにつき、詞を募集するという 試み。また毎回注目されるジャケットはナント、全裸。 最新CGを駆使して“クリスタル_ゆ”に変身している 。

〔写真右:ジャケットで全裸になった_ゆ。ファンの思 いを込めて“虹”を掴む、同下:ええい、この桜吹雪が 目に入らぬか!とばかりファッション誌の表紙を飾った 浜崎_ゆみ。胸の谷間もなかなか…〕

_ゆはこれまで、自ら作詞することにこだわってきた が、初めて詞を募集し、ファンとファンとのメッセージをつなぐ“夢と希望の掛け橋”を演じることになった。

新アルバムは、最新曲「Voyage」から、今年唯 一のミリオンを記録したシングル「H」収録の「HAN ABI」など15曲を収録。これ以外にNo・0の“幻 の曲”「RAINBOW」が曲目紹介表に存在し、「こ の曲は作者の意図により収録されておりません」と記さ れている。

実は同曲がアルバムの初回特典で、CDに封入されて いるパスワードでパソコンや携帯電話から特設HPにアクセスでき、 曲の原形となるインストゥルメンタル曲の試聴ができる 。この曲を聴いたファンに、感じた思いやメッセージを募集し、それを_ゆが自らの感性でかみ砕き、消化 して作詞する。それを歌って「RAINBOW」を完成 させ、来年シングル農売するという音楽業界初の試みだ 。

企画は、_ゆ本人。所属レコード会社によると、七色といわれる虹にはいろんな色が混 ざり合っており、ファンの様々な見方、考え方をかけ合 わせて“希望の掛け橋=虹”を作ろうと農案。9月に米中枢同時テロ の爆心地を訪れ、夢・希望への思いを祇めたことがきっかけになっている。

先月訪れたタイでは、貧富の差が激しい国でのプロモ ーションについて聞かれ、_ゆは「私はみんなの夢、希望の存在でなければならないと思う。私を見て、いつでも どんな人でも立ち_がれるように…」と堂々と語ってい た。

新アルバムについて、「虹って、みんな見たことが_ るけど、触った人は誰もいない。このアルバムで“夢の 農”を作りたかった。消えない夢が入っている農なので 、聴いた人が幸せになって_れれば」との思いを込めて いる。

★ジャケットは米NYで撮影

全裸の“クリスタル_ゆ”のジャケットは9月に米N Yで撮影。カメラマン以外はスタジオ入室禁止で行われ た。最新CGを加え、ガラスのような透明感の_る姿に 変身した。10日から渋谷109シリンダーをはじめ、東京・大阪・名古屋など120面の大型屋外 看板で一斉に掲示。撮影したレスリー・キー氏(31)は世界で活躍するシンガポール出身のカメラマン。世界的ファッション誌「W.E. 」最新号では、同氏撮影の_ゆの写真が表紙を飾ってい る(前号は中田英寿)。

★_ゆと北野監督のコラボレーションだ

_ゆ&タケシの初コラボ−。アルバムには北野武監督 の最新映画「Dolls」を見て感銘を受けた_ゆが書 き下ろした同名曲を収録した。「色の美しさに感動し、 みとれてしまった」といい、北野監督の舞台挨拶に飛び 入りしていた。今回は、初めてサビに英語詞を入れた4 曲を収録。香港、台湾など6カ国・地域を訪れ、英語が 世界の共通語と再認識した結果という。アルバムはアジ アでも農売され、海外を意識した作品に仕上がっている 。

Auto-translation-
The whole aspect of the singer and Ayumi Hamasaki's (24) new album "RAINBOW" of the 5th sheet which will be put on the market on the 18th will be announced from an affiliation record company on the 8th, and _ゆ will invite 詞 from a fan for the first time. The trial in which the installation mental が聴ける privilege of this title invites 詞 only about a first time board. Moreover, the jacket which attracts attention each time is Nantes and stark nakedness. He is disguised as "crystal _ゆ", making full use of Newest CG. [photograph right: _ゆ which became stark nakedness in the jacket. this Shimo: which puts a thought of a fan and holds a "rainbow" -- yes -- Ayumi Hamasaki who it was, and these snowflake-like cherry blossoms did not go into an eye, or decorated the cover of a fashion magazine only in about with ! The valley of a breast is also --] very much. <> Although it adheres to writing the lyrics for _ゆ himself until now, 詞 will be invited for the first time and "the bridge of a dream and hope" which connects the message of a fan and a fan will be performed. 15 music is mentioned in "HANABI" etc. of the single "H" inclusion which recorded the million this year only [ the newest music "Voyage" to ] in a new album. In addition to this, "the music of a phantom" of No and 0 "RAINBOW" exists in a music introduction table, and is describing "This music is not mentioned in an intention of the author." In fact, special establishment HP can be accessed from a personal computer or a cellular phone with the password with which this music is enclosed with CD by the first time privilege of an album, and the audition of the installation mental music used as the original form of music can be performed. The thought and message which were felt for the fan who listened to this music are invited, and by one's sensitivity, _ゆ crunches it, and digests and writes the lyrics for it. It is the first trial in the music industry in which sing it, complete "RAINBOW" and single sale will be carried out next year. a plan -- _ゆ -- him According to the affiliation record company, various colors are mixed with the rainbow called seven colors, and it suggests multiplying a fan's various views and a view and making "the bridge = rainbow of hope." U.S. central simultaneous terrorism's center of an explosion was visited in September, and it has become a cause to have strengthened the thought by the dream and hope. with the tie visited last month, the difference of wealth and poverty hears it about the promotion in an intense country -- having -- _ゆ -- "-- I think that I must be existence of everybody's dream and hope I was seen and it was being dignifiedly told to --" that any men could stand up at any time. A new album "although all were sometimes seen [ 虹って and ], the person who touched has nobody. I wanted to make "the box of a dream" from this album. Since it is a box containing the dream not disappearing, the thought with if the person who heard it becomes fortunate" is put. * Photo a jacket from Rice NY. The jacket of stark-naked "crystal _ゆ" will be photoed from Rice NY in September. It was carried out by the ban on studio entrance into a room except the cameraman. Newest CG was added and he was disguised as the figure with a transparent feeling like glass. It will notify all at once including 109 cylinders of Shibuya by large-sized outdoor signboards of the 120th page, such as Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya, from the 10th. The Lesley key (31) who took a photograph is the cameraman of the Singapore graduate which plays an active part in the world. The photograph of _ゆ of said person photography has decorated the cover with the global fashion magazine "E." newest number (a front number is Hidetoshi Nakata). [ W. ] * It is the collaboration of _ゆ and Director Kitano. First KORABO of _ゆ & TAKESHI - The same name music which _ゆ which saw Director Takeshi Kitano's newest movie "Dolls" on the album, and received impression wrote new was recorded. It said, "It has been impressed and fascinated by the beauty of a color", and had participated in Director Kitano's stage greeting from the outside. This time, four music which put 英語詞 into rust for the first time is recorded. Six nation and areas, such as Hong Kong and Taiwan, are visited, and it is called the result which English had a new appreciation of with the common language in the world. The album was put on the market also in Asia and finished in the work which was conscious of overseas.

from - http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20...002120901.html

BTW - if anyone can give us clearer translation on either of these articles we would all love him or her forever ^_^

Ashley
Old 9th December 2002, 12:17 AM
independent+ Advisor

I think this cover is beautiful! It's really really gorgeous! I like it SOOOO much better than the other pic with the rainbow feathers! Thanks so much Ashley!

Although the articles are kinda confusing, it's interesting. It seems like Ayu's 1st single of 2003 will be partly made by a fan. It seems that a fan will help Ayu to create the song! That seems pretty cool. Also, I think the articles were talking about the photoshoots where they took the pictures for the album, and she was naked. hmmm
Old 9th December 2002, 12:18 AM

BTW have you noticed that Ayu's colored hair makes the shape of a bow? I noticed just the colors at first but the shape is from a rainbow as well lol!!!
Old 9th December 2002, 12:27 AM
girlish H-Initiate

I think this puts to rest the rumor that there would be 7 different covers for each color of the rainbow.

For some reason, the cover reminds me of Keiko a bit.

Ashley
Old 9th December 2002, 12:28 AM
End roll Initiate

o wow!!!! i like this cover very much much much very much very very much.... kekeke..................

darn... 9 more days...... ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i would hella want a poster of this!!!

=]

Old 9th December 2002, 12:32 AM
independent+ Advisor

Here is another pic with slightly brighter colors:

Old 9th December 2002, 12:36 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Wow! now if only I had money.....

Thanks to Biscuitgirl for the sig
Old 9th December 2002, 12:41 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

how long has this quick reply dealy been here? i was wondering when it'd get to this forum...
anyway the cover looks nice. i know i'm gonna get all sorts of questions from my mom once it comes in the mail though.

Old 9th December 2002, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ImpactBreaker
Phew...i'm much more relieved now....I was afraid the cover would be that horrible pic from Ayu looking like a clown. this one is 12288201789107190170197197211721019% better than that other!!!! It's really very pretty!! Thanks Ashley!

You really narrowed the percentage down, Impact . BTW, nice new avatar

But I'm also shocked to see this cover...it's gotta be one of Ayu's best pics, hands down !! This album will rock
Old 9th December 2002, 12:53 AM

LOL well it's higher than 100% so it means it's better lol....
Thanks Omega, I was tired of the old avatar lol
Old 9th December 2002, 02:26 AM
Biscuitgirl

Whoa.....she's naked. I mean, the cover is AWESOME, but she's naked. Hmm.... I agree with everyone else. That album cover is a million times better than that feather thing. Thanks for the info. This album just keeps getting more and more intriguing.
Old 9th December 2002, 03:09 AM
no more words Initiate

That cover is gorgeous! After seeing the cover, I keep thinking how are the promo posters and commercials going to be. Would Ayu actually be naked on those also? I absolutely cannot wait until the album arrives. The songs, the pictures -- all this waiting will pay off in 10 days (plus the time it will take to ship out to people who order online). This Christmas will definately be the best one ever.

Quote:
Whoa.....she's naked. I mean, the cover is AWESOME, but she's naked. Hmm.... I agree with everyone else. That album cover is a million times better than that feather thing. Thanks for the info. This album just keeps getting more and more intriguing.
She was topless on the LOVEppears cover and semi-naked on I am. . . and don't forget about the tight catsuit on Duty. Each of her album covers have been eyecatching and RAINBOW definately tops them all. Plus, it's not done distastefully. I can understand how it would be a bother if she was naked with the guys from GQ in the background, but there's beauty behind this cover. Just look. Ayu's an actual rainbow over water and not some clown with guys in leather and chains. This RAINBOW is beautiful.

Last edited by fantaisie.sign; 9th December 2002 at 03:15 AM.
Old 9th December 2002, 03:17 AM
samuraiDRIVE

I really liked the other one... so simple and elegant. But this one is very creative and very sexy. I like them both a lot! And thank GOD there isn't that stupid 7 cover crap.
Old 9th December 2002, 04:16 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Finally, everything has been confirmed. All there is left is having to wait and see exactly what's going on with the first press and the title song "RAINBOW." And we thought it was impossible to to out-do the "I am..." theme.

Thank god there aren't 7 covers, or I would have ended up shooting myself because im the type of person who has to buy them all x.x
Old 9th December 2002, 04:23 AM
Initiate

wow~ sEXy~ better than the feathers cover~

i wonder..... the producer everybodee will see her naked while filming this pic?!?!

Thanks to Chriskay for the avatar & signature
Old 9th December 2002, 04:46 AM

Some of the people working in the studio to take the pics will probably see her naked! it's no problem really since it happens with many models....They're professionals so they have to act seriously... if only I could sneak into that studio in the moment ayu was taking these pics.......
Old 9th December 2002, 04:46 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

i think the fact that she appears naked is a plus... man, I wish I was there for the photoshoot. BTW I don't think she is actually naked. after all, they don't show low enough to show whether or not she is wearing underwear. chances are she is. of course, either way she's topless, but she's done that before, so that's no biggy.

Thanks to Biscuitgirl for the sig
Old 9th December 2002, 04:48 AM
End roll Initiate

i actually want to have the multiple covers... taht would hella cool!!!! =]

man... i cant wait to see ethe inside of the booklet

::yaya!!!!::

=]