[News] MY ALL (Chinese ver.) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd February 2020, 10:49 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ like you wrote: a friend of me, who’s a Chinese native, didn’t understood what she’s singing and had to google for the lyrics. He liked the lyrics a lot but couldn’t get warm with her voice and singing style for “Who...“.

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 3rd February 2020, 02:33 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ that's kinda depressing. If nobody can understand it singing it in Chinese loses its purpose. Might as well listen to the original and read translation.
Old 3rd February 2020, 05:54 AM
Zutto… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
I'm curious - how *is* her Chinese? There's no way I could tell whether her Chinese might sound natural or not. Can she speak it, or would she have learned the lyrics phonetically?

Is it common for Japanese people to be "well-versed" in Chinese and vice-versa...or is it more like myself, as an English speaker in North America, trying to learn either language...?
Other than a few stock phrases she probably doesn't know much Chinese at all (hello. thank you, etc.) so whatever she learned will be phonetic like how it usually is when Asian artists cross borders.

If anything Japanese people know some of the Chinese loanwords that exist in Japan but they are usually surprised about it like how 'tsunami', 'rickshaw', 'honcho', or 'futon' exist in English.

Her accent in Chinese Who.... was ultra heavy and mostly you could understand the chorus I think but the verses were really strange cause of the Japanese accent. It definitely sounds like someone who normally speaks Japanese attempting to sing in Chinese, to put it that way. It's probably the hardest to sing in for acts that do try it that don't normally do it. It will probably be a similar thing for this version of MY ALL. I don't think it's bad that she's attempted it though since it shows she cares at least. Sometimes Asian artists do English versions of songs and those don't even sound like English, lol. I wonder though if there was a bit more coaching or guidance from the guy born in Shanghai that helped on MY ALL this time around.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd February 2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old 3rd February 2020, 08:11 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
. Sometimes Asian artists do English versions of songs and those don't even sound like English, lol.
Some.. day ... my prince will come...

travel, art and food!
Old 4th February 2020, 01:46 AM
Connected Initiate

It wouldn't shock me if Ayu's Chinese is hard to understand because from my experience it is very difficult to learn.
Old 5th February 2020, 04:27 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
Some.. day ... my prince will come...
I love MIKA NAKASHIMA. But if you're looking for a good laugh, just listen to her cover of "What A Wonderful World". Or, as most of us know it, "What A Wandafu Wool".

Still. IMO it beats the terribleness of "All Hands Together", which was not only a bad song, but came months and months after the disaster that she recorded the single to donate for.

Everything else in her discography is audio gold. And that's honestly a huge part of why those two songs are so bad. For such a talented and iconic model and idol from the 00s, those two songs sound nothing like the rest of her discography. It's almost like she too has a little sister that performs cover versions of her songs that make Silent Hill look like a great family vacation.

-> <-

Tags
my all