Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 14th March 2019, 08:43 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Glad to see that someone is listening to SEKAI NO OWARI here. The albums are good but I prefer Eye over Lip.
I LOVE Sekai no Owari! I bought the two new albums and I love their concert that comes with the Eye album. They made a huge train for the set. I love how visual they are with their live concerts.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 24th March 2019, 06:58 AM
GREEN Initiate

Uh, do we not have a thread for Kana Nishino?!
OMG. Anyways, found out why she went on break. Looks like she got married.
Old 24th March 2019, 07:13 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
Uh, do we not have a thread for Kana Nishino?!
OMG. Anyways, found out why she went on break. Looks like she got married.
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123204

Excited for 2 new Hey Say JUMP singles that will be out in May & 1 of the A-sides is a Yamada Ryosuke solo

DAMN but I'm not expecting another Mystery Virgin 2.0 so :p

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 24th March 2019, 03:19 PM

I don't support Otsuka Ai anymore but still it was so nice to see her perform with Kuraki Mai on this week's MUSIC FAIR

And both ladies sung each of their respective songs together side by side which's so cool but Secret of my heart collaboration wise , I still prefer Kuraki & DAIGO's duet together x)

That said both of them sung Planetarium together really well , somehow the music style suits Kuraki more

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 25th March 2019, 01:22 PM

KAT-TUN's Kame will be releasing his 1st solo single in May !

Why this has not happened sooner , I have no idea but better late than never

And among the B-sides included in Rain is Plastic Tears which I'm going to lose it super big time , hahahahahahahaha

That said I'm so looking forward to watch Kame's 1st solo concert . 1582 onstage , going to lose it again on that xD

Last edited by KarenPang; 25th March 2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 1st April 2019, 11:06 AM

Was hoping it was an April Fools prank but Janne Da Arc has announced today that they're officially disbanding after the departure of bassist ka-yu

Frankly I'm not surprised . I'm more surprised that it took JDA so long to at last made a proper formal announcement on this

Then again for them to announce this of all days , it's quite insensitive cos others are hoping it's a joke but since other news site have already begin posting about this , sadly it's legit ._.

Old 3rd April 2019, 11:59 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Today is the releasing date for the first full album from a japanese Band I like. I would love to buy it but since I'm currently not living in Germany I can't buy it. I went to watch if it was added to spotify but it isn't uploaded there atm, hope that they will add it eventually
Old 4th April 2019, 02:16 PM

Congrats to Kato Miliyah's marriage & her 1st journey to motherhood

Old 5th April 2019, 03:39 AM

I was so surprised & ecstatic that Kis-My-Ft2 filmed their new PV in my country !

When I saw shots of the Singapore Flyer , Marina Bay Sands & my country's skyline in the HUG & WALK PV preview snippet , I was so psyched about it

natalie.mu wrote that 100 dancer extras took part when they danced together with Kisumai in the big open field behind Gardens by the Bay

That said , I'm so thrilled J&A did this , just a bit bummed out I wasn't able to have the chance to see Kisumai upclose & personal but knowing J&A like to keep things on the low , I'm not surprised

Old 5th April 2019, 02:05 PM
Sky high Protector

Rina Aiuchi is back! I would never thought she will!
Old 6th April 2019, 01:00 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Rina Aiuchi is back! I would never thought she will!
She is? That's great news and I'm Happy to see her back
Old 6th April 2019, 03:34 PM

So psyched on the various different news that were announced after BREAKERZ LIVE 2019 ~Heisei Saigo no DAIGO's BIRTHDAY~ finished today

I already assumed BREAKERZ would announce something today & for them to announce not 1 but 3 different big news , it's so awesome

And I so want to see the new unit D.A.S dance onstage although I don't want to see DAIGO dance so awkward lmao

Old 7th April 2019, 12:55 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppei-chan View Post
She is? That's great news and I'm Happy to see her back
Yes, she is back under the moniker R. She released two singles last year: WARM PRAYER and NO FADE OUT
Old 15th April 2019, 12:12 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppei-chan View Post
Today is the releasing date for the first full album from a japanese Band I like. I would love to buy it but since I'm currently not living in Germany I can't buy it. I went to watch if it was added to spotify but it isn't uploaded there atm, hope that they will add it eventually
The album still isn't added to spotify ( at least not here don't know if it's up in Japan). That's kinda sad, I'd really love to listen to the whole album. Most of the songs are from past EPs but urgh.... it's still sad and sucks big time. I guess it could have something to do with Sony being there new lable.
Old 16th April 2019, 05:05 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

The a-nation dates were just revealed - and there are no Tokyo dates:
07/20 Aomori
07/27 Mie
08/03 Fukuoka
08/17-18 Osaka

Maybe they're going to announce them later?
The Rugby World Cup is taking place at the Ajinomoto Stadium, but that's September 20 - November 02.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 16th April 2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 16th April 2019, 07:25 AM

The new set of rules & regulations that J&A issued with regards to the resumption of ARASHI's 5x20 tour is so ridiculous it's not funny as it puts fans at so much disadvantages especially international fans

I just hope next month when my sister & her friend go see ARASHI perform , they will be allowed into the venue if not it will be a horrible wasted trip on their part

Old 16th April 2019, 07:12 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Man, it sucks when artists you've loved just cease releasing material that pleases you. JILLE is about to release a new album next month, and I'm really happy for her but I don't think I'll be buying the album. All the songs she's released from it so far have disappointed me: it's all underproduced coffee shop music and no song so far has had a melody compelling enough to overcome the blandness of the sound. I still love her voice, but a voice is not enough to make me pay for an album.

And I have a similar problem with Ikimonogakari: I've listened to all the songs they've released since coming back from their (weirdly short) hiatus but I'm not connecting with them. Their music sounds exactly the same as it mostly did pre-hiatus: overstuffed, directionless, lacking spark. I'll still check out their future material (because I do still have an attachment to them thanks to their older music; I've been listening to a lot of it since most of their albums got added to Spotify and confirmed that yes, those songs still rule) but my enthusiasm has already simmered down.

Their situation makes me think of all the people wishing Ayu would take a break or go on a hiatus to restore her creativity and conclude that a break clearly isn't the simple solution we like to think. Back when Ikimonogakari announced their hiatus, I thought it might do them good and they could come back sounding refreshed... but nah. Creative juices, "quality" and connecting with an artist's music are more complicated than that, and breaks and hiatuses don't necessarily hold any special powers.
Old 25th April 2019, 06:14 PM
Sky high Protector

^I agree with you about Ikimonogakari. It's like they wasn't in hiatus actually. Though I like Identity.

That's a strange period. There are many artists who are stopping their career such as Kana Nishino and there are other artists who stopped to release new music several years ago who are coming back as Rina Aiuchi or Kou Shibasaki.
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:29 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I've been really into King Gnu's Hakujitsu lately. I think it's a real stand-out song with its interesting vocals, cool rhythmic melody, monstrous hooks and genre-blending sound. I'm glad a song like this has become (somewhat) a hit, I hope to see more songs like this do well this year.

Old 4th May 2019, 08:35 AM

Golden Bomber's Utahiroba Jun is frankly the last person I expected him to be a new dad let alone when he got married a few years ago

But eh good for him , at least his 1st born child is a girl & not a boy I can't imagine a mini version of Utahiroba Jun running amok given the band's onstage over the top antics