Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 22nd June 2018, 08:44 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Do As Infinity are back in my country where they will be performing later tonight alongside with other artistes at Natsu Rock 2018

Natsu Rock 2018 was supposed to take place outdoors at a beach but the last few days it has been raining very heavily here so it's smart for the organisers to decide to hold it indoors now

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 23rd June 2018, 08:34 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I just read an article saying that 4 members will leave An Cafe... Somewhere around the end of Last year and beging of this year I found my old love for their music again, now that's pretty sad to hear... Well at least Miku will stay so I hope that He might find something new band members. But it sure wont be the same
Old 24th June 2018, 02:49 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppei-chan View Post
I just read an article saying that 4 members will leave An Cafe... Somewhere around the end of Last year and beging of this year I found my old love for their music again, now that's pretty sad to hear... Well at least Miku will stay so I hope that He might find something new band members. But it sure wont be the same
Was hoping for a new album, sad to hear such news. They always cannot last long, without financial support they get disband easily.
Old 24th June 2018, 03:04 PM
poker face Initiate

Just found out she went solo, ℃-ute was disbanded last year. The new album is quite good, now the songs are stuck in my mind.
Old 27th June 2018, 11:18 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

For anyone, who wants to watch the Tokyo Music Fes today, here's a live link:
https://m.zhanqi.tv//akb49

It started about an hour ago.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 28th June 2018, 01:35 PM

The various (legal) means to obtain both of BREAKERZ & their solo releases' personalised autographs never fails to amaze me

I'm just so glad my friend is just as insane sane as me which she never bats an eyelid on all the 'crazy' things I request her to help me do xD

In this case , my friend doesn't need another DAIGO personalised autograph as she already has a few polaroid photos taken with both DAIGO & DAIGO☆STARDUST respectively

And I think my friend will be taking a 3rd polaroid photo with DAIGO☆STARDUST next Mon so

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 28th June 2018, 07:27 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I found the time to listen to Suiyoubi no Campanella's new release Galapagos today and... goddamn, I love it, they did it again. Their choice for the musical direction of the EP completely blindsided me in the best way. I've always loved their more melodic, atmospheric, calm, pretty songs, so of course I loved this. Kenmochi, the producer, described the EP as chill and spiritual, and it's dead on, I think they nailed the mood they were going for and made some amazing songs while at it. I wasn't hyper about the pre-release tracks (Mizaru Kikazaru Iwazaru / Three Mystic Apes, Matryoshka) when they came out, so I was very pleased to discover that I loved all the completely unheard songs on the album. KOM_I was actually SINGING on Itoshii Monotachi e / The Sand Castle and she sounded so beautiful in all her vocal imperfections and she gave me my whole entire life. I'll have to listen to this EP some more to get a better feeling for it in the context of their whole discography, but so far, it's one of their best. I'm very happy to be surprised like this.

Of other things to come out this week, I still need to listen to Taichi Mukai's LOVE and KOTOKO's tears cyclone (please leak already) for the first time and Hikaru Utada's Hatsukoi as a complete package. I've only listened to some of the new tracks of Hatsukoi one at a time so far, and they've been a bit of a let-down. Good Night and Yuunagi struck me as being good, but the rest of the songs all had something that didn't sit right with me. I still need to experience the album as a whole though.

Also, I can't with Perfume's upcoming album being titled Future Pop. Perfume's sound hasn't been futuristic in years, and this era especially has been nothing but painfully-2016-sounding empty Nakata-EDM songs with the dullest pop drops plaguing every song. Nakata needs some new inspiration because he is not good at EDM. Nevertheless, I hope the new album has at least one killer hit like Miracle Worker.
Old 28th June 2018, 09:32 PM
too late Initiate

I'm really obsessed with the whole "Hatsukoi" package @_@

I woke up today with "Chikai" melody (really beautiful and strange tempo) in my head and I needed to listen to it twice (iiiichidooo jyaaaa taaaarinaaaaaai ♫) before I get up and live my life. During the day, songs like "Hatsukoi", "Forevermore", "Play A Love Song", "Good Night", "Nokoriga", "Pakuchii no Uta" and "Yuunagi" are echoing in my mind like ghosts. I'm really shocked because it's becoming one of my favorite releases of her so far.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 4th July 2018, 06:14 PM

DAIGO did a LINE Live & I'm so shocked that it was almost 2 hours long o_O O_o

But amidst the chaos , DAIGO said my name during the LINE Live streaming ! But as before , he said my name in a weird Japanese manner & not the proper English way of saying so I was like ??? xD

Even my friend pointed that out to me which I'm not surprised cos DAIGO didn't really said my name correctly when my friend attended his past 2 autograph book signing sessions so haha

Ironically for my friend , DAIGO is always mispronouncing her name on purpose & the rare time that he said her name correctly , it felt weird lmao

Last edited by KarenPang; 4th July 2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 5th July 2018, 10:19 AM
Sky high Protector

^lucky you (even if he mispronounced your name). I'm glad that you got your moment of glory.
Old 5th July 2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
^lucky you (even if he mispronounced your name). I'm glad that you got your moment of glory.
Haha thanks I didn't expect last night's LINE Live of DAIGO was so long , it was insane o_O

I don't watch a lot of LINE Live episodes but a 2 hours episode is not normal

I thought DAIGO would randomly sign the Manatsu no Zankyou / Konya , Nostalgia de alternate jacket covers , I didn't expect he signed ALL and he even said every single name after he signed each which's like woah

Not only that after DAIGO finished signing everything , he even did an impromptu short acoustic guitar session which's even ?!

DAIGO probably signed a few hundreds if not close to a thousand worth of alternate jacket covers within 2 hours ?

Old 7th July 2018, 08:39 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

If somebody still wants ot tune in, here's a live stream for NTV's The Music Day:
https://mov3.co/en/ntv/

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 9th July 2018, 06:54 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Is it okay to criticize Nippon TV for broadcasting The Music Day in the middle of a natural disaster crisis, even though it didn't hit Tokyo? I don't feel this is acceptable for them to show it when a good chunk of Japan gets struck by such a disaster.

I can't believe why The Music Day happened when record rainfall in west Japan led to over 100 deaths (as of now; flooding, mudslides as a result of it).
Old 9th July 2018, 07:14 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

And what good would it have done to cancel it?
Did you watch it?
Cause they aired a big news break in between to report about the heavy rainfall and the current situation.
It was Tanabata that day and there were a lot of Matsuris going on as well in the whole country.
It's fair to criticize, but I don't think stopping everything nice and cheerful is a good idea.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 9th July 2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 9th July 2018, 01:23 PM

NTV planned this year's THE MUSIC DAY 2018 ~Tsuta Etai Uta~ weeks if not maybe months in advance

It's not as though NTV knew a natural disaster would hit Japan during the time when THE MUSIC DAY 2018 ~Tsuta Etai Uta~ was airing live on TV

Besides I don't think NTV was disrespectful in any manner . If they were they wouldn't have reported about the current ongoing flood disaster & Sat's earthquake in Tokyo to begin with

Old 9th July 2018, 02:26 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Thanks for the input. I did almost forget that NTV do have a 20-minute news break at the bottom of the four-o-clock hour, which was a good time to get an up-to-date situation (at the time) of the record rainfall. And I do have to agree what Karen said that NTV wasn't disrespectful: good thing quick 'breaking news' bulletins were added throughout the show regarding not just the rainfall but also an earthquake that struck around 8:20 PM local time! (Nothing new but very convenient. I did also realize that the earthquake news bulletin was one that aired nationwide since the one most affected was Chiba, the main location of The Music Day, in addition to the 'static' rainfall updates that western Japan, provided by NTV/NNN's local affiliates, e.g. YTV in Osaka/Kansai, was seeing.)

I hope the people affected by the rains recover as soon as possible.

I'm right now in the middle of watching this, I'm taking a break since it was my sleeping time right now. Third consecutive NTV Music Day I'm watching, first one I watched in full was 2016. Was here for Ayaka (yay!), not necessarily for all the Nogizaka46 hype (Nogi's becoming more of a thing among AkiP's groups compared to AKB48 in recent months).

So how did the viewership ratings go for this year's Music Day? I heard this one was looking really good compared to last year.

EDIT: I found it. 9.0%/10.8%/14.9% for this year, compared to 8.0/9.8/14.2 from last year. Better than last year's, but still lower than pre-2016 levels. Is NTV feeling a little bit of pressure from alternative media sources that may have contributed to the Kouhaku decline last year?

Man, Saturday night was pretty crazy considering an earthquake (!) hit off the coast of Chiba in the middle of The Music Day (in addition to the continuing rainfall west of Tokyo).

Now I still have to wonder why Fuji TV was also broadcasting Music Fair at the same time The Music Day was airing...at least Fuji TV was aware of it, so they decided that the episode on that night would be a 'low-key' episode.

Last edited by Bigtop; 9th July 2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 9th July 2018, 03:31 PM

^ Music Fair is pre taped unlike THE MUSIC DAY if you weren't aware

Other music shows that're pre taped in advance include

- Buzz Rhythm 02
- CDTV
- Love music
- NHK Songs
- Shibuya no Oto (talk segments only)

Old 11th July 2018, 06:36 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Anyways, Karen, what are your thoughts of this year's Music Day in general? Were you able to watch it from your TV (in Singapore) through GEM?
Old 11th July 2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Anyways, Karen, what are your thoughts of this year's Music Day in general? Were you able to watch it from your TV (in Singapore) through GEM?
I was overseas the last few days & my parents don't subscribe to GEM via cable

I don't believe in watching online as quality tends to be poor & keeps lagging , I rather watch for the .ts files to be uploaded then I watch

Old 13th July 2018, 03:01 PM

DAIGO☆STARDUST will be gate crashing DAIGO's Manatsu no Zankyou / Konya , Nostalgia de release events this weekend , again

So hilarious to know

To say DAIGO☆STARDUST hasn't had enough fun yet is an understatement xD