[Koda Kumi] Reliving her past in her 198th Thread - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th June 2019, 03:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

This TV show was so cute!!! It reminded me of myself when I, by chance, met Kuu in the street lol

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 5th June 2019, 05:09 AM
independent Initiate

I love the snippet of the new song with the strings, sounds amazing. We should get the announcement of whatever is coming prior to her a-nation performance, so she can promote the new songs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I've seen a Japanese fan asking for a performance of Say Her Name on Instagram as well. As she's reading the comments, maybe we're lucky? Would love it as well.
There were also a TON of fans asking for another Aishou performance - because of the sheer amount of people asking I'd be surprised if she's not going to perform it.
I really hope she will perform both Say Her Name & Aishou. I also hope she's going to perform Koishikute & Jounetsu again since the two were a part of the original set-list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
So the fan went with her family to Tokyo to search for places Kuu visited as well. Kuu actually didn't know about it - her manager planned it meeting them there!
Kuu invites the family to drink with her then.
It's so cute how the 3 sons are so happy about it, too and one even starts to cry when Kuu is sitting with them together and signing CDs.
Hope somebody uploads it in full somewhere.
What did his mom tell him so that he started crying? Cause he wasn't until she spoke to him directly and even Kuu cried after, whatever, he said.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 5th June 2019, 05:11 AM
rainy day Initiate

^ YAS @ Jounetsu!

Also, thank you to Corvina and Karen once again for patiently answering our (repeated) questions about getting tickets for the tour!

Last edited by jiarongisme; 5th June 2019 at 05:14 AM.
Old 5th June 2019, 06:19 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfromHELLSING View Post

What did his mom tell him so that he started crying? Cause he wasn't until she spoke to him directly and even Kuu cried after, whatever, he said.
Oh, his mother is just pointing to him and saying something like "look, you're crying, too".
And then he starts to loose and hide it.
Kuu goes over to him to hug him and ask what's wrong and he cried cause he always liked Kuu and now was able to meet her -he says he's just happy. Him crying makes Kuu tearing up, too.
When Kuu invites the family to drink with her the boys are actually the ones asking if she could sign stuff - they all have shopping bags, so I assume they've bought some Kuu CDs before.
At the end you can also see that Kuu gave the re(live) promo she was carrying with her to the boy who cried as a present.
The show calls this whole part "the family who loves Koda Kumi" and the family seemed to have been asked about what they want to do if they really meet Kuu somewhere before, cause the show is like ticking the box with everything they do with Kuu.

Guys, what do you think the release she's preparing is going to be, well, announced or released?
ALfromHELLSING thinks about an announcement before a-nation in July.
I actually thought the whole time we might get that album or a combi release with new songs in December with her 20 anniversary starting and she's just recording now the whole time cause with rehearsals starting in July she won't have any time anymore till November till the tour is over.
But now that she said something about summer songs and studio I'm not sure anymore, haha. Maybe a summer single before in August?
Or maybe she's all planning and preparing for next year already with this and we won't get anything except tours and concerts this year.

Edit:
She's recording again today and says slowly she gets tired of recording. Before she had vocal lessons.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 5th June 2019 at 06:37 AM.
Old 5th June 2019, 07:32 AM
Connected Initiate

I think we will get a summer single before a-Nation this year.
Maybe even a maxi single after many years.

And maybe on december 06th we will get the fourth BEST in combination with a new original Album.

Anyway I am so excited everytime she Posts about recording again <3
Old 5th June 2019, 10:13 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I guess we just got the answer for one of the new songs!

There's the Rugby World Cup in Japan this Autumn and now 100 days before it starts there will be a commemorating event at Tennoji Park in Osaka.
Kuu will be performing at this event and the support song (the Hanazono song) Kuu wrote especially for this will be presented for the first time! Hanazono (which means flower garden) is the name of the the rugby stadium in Osaka.
Osaka is one of the host cities for the world cup.
At this event they will also present the world cup trophy and have a talk event with rugby players, the mayor of Osaka and the govenor of Osaka prefecture.
The Rugby World Cup is the third biggest sports even worldwide, together with the Olymipc Games and the FIFA Soccer World Cup.
The 2019 Japan tournament is the first world cup in Asia and also the first world cup outside a country where rugby is not a tradition. It also is commemorable as the first tournament since the seven-player rugby became an Olympic sport.

Event will take place 06/15, entrance is free, but you have to apply beforehand.
FC members have the first chance to get their hands on tickets for the priority area, lottery runs from 06/05 -06/09.

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1073498

They're using the re(live) promopics for the event on her official site, so maybe that's a hint she's perfroming the song on tour, too?

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 5th June 2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 5th June 2019, 11:47 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

That's great news!! Someone has got an eye on next year's Olympics theme song lol

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 5th June 2019, 11:54 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

haha actually my family and I are goiung to japan for the Rugby World Cup lol
Old 5th June 2019, 04:16 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Who are the black back up singers that Kuu uses sometimes? I've seen a few over the years on tour with her, but I've never thought about them until her Japanese one was mentioned. I think I've seen at least one female and one male, but my memory is crap now that I'm an old lady.

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 6th June 2019, 12:54 AM
Initiate

It would be good a mid summer release, around end of july. A double a-side would be enough, I don't see her releasing a maxi single near in the future.

As for the album, I think it will be announce around the end of the years and the release date might be around the beginning of the 20th anniversary celebration. I'm guessing it's going to be a BEST + original album combo again, but maybe a "all singles" kind of album (3CDs) and another one for the original songs.

I'm excited about the new song. If it is half as good as Dreaming Now, which was for Volleyball World Grand Champions Cup, I'll be happy.
Old 6th June 2019, 10:54 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu's day yesterday:

Vocal lessons
Transport & meal
Checking mails and pictures
Recording
Sound validation
Checking the new Koda Gumi FC magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Who are the black back up singers that Kuu uses sometimes? I've seen a few over the years on tour with her, but I've never thought about them until her Japanese one was mentioned. I think I've seen at least one female and one male, but my memory is crap now that I'm an old lady.
Here you go, all background singers over the years.
Went through my DVDs, cause I only remembered three.

Best ~First things~ - Momoko, Yukari
Black Cherry Tour- Yukiko Tanaka, Daniel Morgan
Kingdom Tour - Yukiko Tanaka
UNIVERSE Tour - Yukiko Tanaka, David King and Brenda Vaughn
Eternity ~Love & Songs ~ - Yukiko Tanaka, David King and Brenda Vaughn
Premium Night ~Love & Songs ~ - Yukiko Tanaka, Argie Martin-Phine
Dream Music Park - Yukiko Tanaka, David King and Brenda Vaughn
JAPONESQUE Tour - Yukiko Tanaka, TIGER
The Artist - Yukiko Tanaka, David King

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 6th June 2019, 03:22 PM
ayu trance Initiate

About the TV show, don't know if it was said here but the ide behind it was that this family that loves Kuu would "chase" her around Tokyo going to the places she would post on Instagram. And then they finally met her "by accident" but it was actually a scheme between Kuu's manager and the TV show. So neither Kuu or the family knew about, that why both get very surprised and Kuu is asking: "what's this?" haha And yeah, as Corvina said, the family did a list of things they wanted to do if they met Kuuchan and one of them was to sing Ai no Uta with her. So funny when the mother asks kuu to sing with her and Kuu pretends she don't remember which song is Ai no Uta lol

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Old 6th June 2019, 04:21 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
That's great news!! Someone has got an eye on next year's Olympics theme song lol
I'd love it so much if they asked her to do the Olympic theme song for next year's Olympics, it would tie well into her 20th anniversary, and I think Kuu has the most 'western' look and image that people around the world would relate to.

Thank you Corvina and Karen for answering my ticket questions! It's helped me a lot.
Old 6th June 2019, 04:34 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I bet Japan remixes a song from Namie lol
Old 6th June 2019, 04:40 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

If Kuu is given a chance to perform or be involved in next year's Olympics opening and/or closing ceremony it no doubt will increase her platform presence on a global setting

But I guess it depends on the Tokyo Organising Committee . Already some early details for next year's Paralympic Games navigators coverage have been announced but it's only via NHK at the moment

I don't know for the other TV networks in Japan though

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 6th June 2019, 05:51 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

To be really honest I think it's more likely Namie getting back for the Olympics than Kuu being there But I'd looove it if it happened of course hahahaha

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 7th June 2019, 01:12 AM
Initiate

I don't see it happening at all lol. It would be awesome, but I guess it's probably gonna be someone who pushes the "kawaii" or "edgy electronic" agenda, like Kyary or Perfume, for the opening and maybe a comeback type of thing for the ending ceremony, like the Spice Girls reunion that happened.
Old 7th June 2019, 02:53 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I think there's 0% chances of Kuu performing in the Olympics. The names I've heard from what people are expecting here are Perfume and Sheena Ringo. Some people even say Utada as a possible performer but definitely not Kuu.

The average public don't really knows much about Kuu here. They don't know about all her amazing lives and her constantly feel for creating new stuff, they only know her as that ero-kakkoii figure. Nowadays people don't really remember/know anything about her besides "Cutie Honey". And that's why, imo, it's impossible to have her in the Opening.

Old 7th June 2019, 05:56 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'd find it very strange if Sheena Ringo would be performing or doing a song, cause the woman is part of the committee making the decision. Would leave a bad taste.

I've already talked about it in the Asian Music thread and also shared an interview with Ringo there. There she talked about the idea not to rely on big acts, but showing the diversity of Japan from different prefectures with different acts.
But this was some time ago and it was just an idea they had for the Games.

If they take big acts idols like Perfume and boybands/girlbands are the most likely decisions.
Or maybe a male act like Gen Hoshino (Kenshi Yonezu can't because of his autism).

-------------------

Kuu news!

There's a HMV opening in Okinawa and Kuu will be part of the talk show event!
They invite 30 Koda Gumi members to go with her.
Lottery is running now.

Quote:

6/27(木)くぅちゃんが「HMV&BOOKS OKINAWA」オープンを記念して、トークショーに出演す ることが決定しました!
このイベントに抽選で倖田組会員様を30名様ご招待いたします!
沖縄でくぅちゃんと素敵な時間を過ごしましょう♪

日時:2019年6月27日(木)14時〜
会場:HMV&BOOKS OKINAWA 店内イベントスペース
出演:倖田 來未
イベント内容:トークショー
※イベントは1時間程度を予定しております。

【応募受付期間】
6/7(金)12:00〜6/9(日)23:59まで

【当選のお知らせ】
6/11(火)12:00頃を予定

【募集対象】
倖田組会員の方
※ご当選者お一人のみ参加可能です。同伴は不可となります。

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 7th June 2019, 06:31 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Before SMAP unfortunately disbanded , quite a lot including myself thought they might be involved in next year's Olympics in some capacity but alas no

Right now Johnnys wise , ARASHI & TOKIO are already earmarked to be involved in the Oympics

Solo wise , I think YOSHIKI might be chosen as he has great stage presence & X JAPAN has been around for a really long time

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, kuu, queen of live