[Koda Kumi] The 200th thread for 20 years in her career - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th October 2019, 02:57 PM
Far away Initiate

I love GET NAKED, both the song and the PV. I really hope we get a full PV of it on Youtube, seems odd that there isn't one on the album.

I really like the covers, too! A lot more creative and striking than her past few album colours. The only thing that bother's me is that Kuu is quite low contrast compared to the wires and background, so she looks a bit like she's been photo-shopped in. :/ Even in the GET NAKED PV, the contrast with the lighting was beautiful.

I think the Bluray and Fanclub editions are my favourite, because of the poses, but they're all really nice.

I must admit from the album title and re(live) concept, I was expecting some new songs and then her to re(cord) some older songs with modern vocals and instrumentals, like what Namie did with Finally. But I am certainly happy with 13 new songs instead!

Maybe she might release another best album next year and do that.

Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by Ayu_Love; 24th October 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 24th October 2019, 03:48 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

New re(CORD) promo picture uploaded via Instagram & Twitter

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 24th October 2019, 03:59 PM
Initiate

I had to stop watching the concert, the first section just ended.

She forgot the lyrics to Cherry Girl and I guess she didn't had enough time for the outfit change at the beginning, because she performed with a neon YELLO shoe.

The stage is gorgeous!
Old 24th October 2019, 04:21 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
STRIP MV is not an actual MV, but an interlude movie from the tour. They basically only put it up for promotion for the tie-in (successful, cause there are a bunch of comments under it saying they came from the Rika drama).
Might be they put both of the interlude movies (the Black Cherry one with SHUTOUT probably) on the re(LIVE) DVD when they release it.

With GET NAKED, Idk, I assume they gonna put out the full PV on Youtube when the album is released for promo.
They do state in the description of the short version that it contains spoilers for the re(LIVE) tour as it's used as an interlude there, too btw.!
So probably also because of that!
Interesting, thank you. I see more people think like that it would be very nice!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
Info's out for the public: https://rhythmzone.net/koda/discography/
Thannnks!!... for some reason the only HQ image there it's the CD/BR. Here it is guys!:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
I had to stop watching the concert, the first section just ended.

She forgot the lyrics to Cherry Girl and I guess she didn't had enough time for the outfit change at the beginning, because she performed with a neon YELLO shoe.

The stage is gorgeous!
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 24th October 2019, 04:46 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Main show of the Black Cherry final is over.

Kuu needed the first 2-3 songs to get into it, her voice was very raw at first. But after that she sounded great!
Cutie Honey was a f****ng highlight!
And Unmei, she still hits that high note!
Ooba was totally in his element as a pirate, so awesome!
Altogether the stage set up is great and honestly the pirate ship with all those effects works so much better in a hall than in an arena!
The last part is heavily hip-hopesque first and then turns colorful.
She is singing DO ME live, they simply put a live filter over her voice!
The dance part is incorporated into DO ME.
Eh Yo is another highlight, the audience started singing the "eh yo"s without Kuu saying anything!
OMG is a colorful flitter firework to close the main show.

The only annoying thing was that they show too much close-ups and seldom the whole stage in the later part of the show.
I always had the longing to see the whole thing, especially for wide-effect performances like GET NAKED (which seemed awesome when being able to properly see the figures they formed).
Her hot leather outfit with those boots surely is!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 25th October 2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 24th October 2019, 05:00 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Just noticed Sean Paul is being featured again, I didn't see that coming at all, especially since there were some issues with him on Kuu's a-nation in 2015, weren't there?

Either way, I hope the song goes for a reggaeton vibe, would love to see Kuu in this style. And overall this album seems to have two main song styles, right? A urban/hip-hop route, and a latin one. Would love to see more and more of the later in the future.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 24th October 2019, 05:19 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I still dislike the Covers. The idea might be okay (she isn't know for over-the-top creative concepts anyways) but the execution is really lackluster. As I said yesterday, the effect they put on the pictures just pulled apart the wires and her body and she looks totally photoshopped into it. The shots are not cohesive at all.

Other than that, the contents of the whole albums are lackluster. Releasing 9 out of 13 songs prior might not be the best idea, then again, I did listen to them much cause I knew it would happen (still i hoped for additional songs last minute).

I actually enjoy the concept song-wise tho. I assumed quite a while ago that she will revisit her career somehow. We have a throwback to her summer songs (literally called summer time - so far the weakest trackk and more b-side material tho), we have her ero-kakoii image (STRIP, GET NAKED - putting everything quite literally), we have her cellphone ballads (with the title "again" being very ironic), her recent urban sound (DO ME and also GET NAKED), her usually cheerful crowd song (Put Your hands Up!), a throwback to her covers (GOLDFINGER), her urban collabos (SEAN PAUL), the japanese-western sound (again the feature, having GOLDFINGER in both languages) and what seems to be a more cutesy song (k,).
Old 24th October 2019, 05:38 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Those are my least favorite covers she’s ever released.

Also, the cancelled 10/12 Osaka shows have been rescheduled for February 1st 2020.
Old 24th October 2019, 06:07 PM
Far away Initiate

I would have liked to watch the stream of the Live but £19 is way too much. 0___0
Old 24th October 2019, 06:54 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2019 re(LIVE) rescheduled performances for 12th Oct's cancelled concerts due to Typhoon Hagibis

2nd Jan 2020 (Thurs) - Osaka's Orix Theatre

Black Cherry - Doors open : 12:30 / Concert starts : 13:30
JAPONESQUE - Doors open : 18:00 / Concert starts : 19:00

https://twitter.com/KODAKUMINET/stat...48439018823680

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 24th October 2019, 07:08 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

She's live on instagram and I don't understand a thing but I'm loving it She sang a line or two of again in a capella and it always bugs me how much her voice is different when talking and singing

Old 24th October 2019, 07:50 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Disappointed with this release (covers , videos, content , sean paul and whatnot). I am just here for the music which so far has been awesome. Strip and Get Naked are really good! I am going to dismiss livin la vida loca and goldfinger, such unnecessary covers and we get it twice on this album D:

IG | YT | PR

Old 24th October 2019, 08:25 PM
from your letter Initiate

Just noticed that there are no Get Naked and Strip pvs on DVD s: Why?
Old 24th October 2019, 08:35 PM
As if.. Initiate

I'm not sure how to feel about the covers. I do like the concept, and almost wish they were in black and white. The CD+Blu-ray cover is a good shot overall.

In regards to the video content, I'm frustrated, but not surprised. The video content for the new TVXQ album was a hot mess. Only one new PV, and nothing but off shoots.

I'm probably going to get the CD+DVD, since I'm suspicious of avex Blu-Ray, after some "bricked" on me.

Last edited by lovethatkuu&ayu; 24th October 2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 24th October 2019, 08:59 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

^ bricked? What happened?!
Old 24th October 2019, 09:17 PM
As if.. Initiate

^ I'm not sure. They were all avex discs from 2011 to 2012 oddly. Either the firmware updates on my PS4 did it, or the discs themselves went bad.

I had to replace 3 concerts from Kumi and Ayumi.
Old 24th October 2019, 09:44 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Oh, I'm sorry for you What a shame

I think I might go for CD+BD, the FC DVDs don't interest me at all, and as much as I want the photobook, the shipping is so high, currency is not on my side and I might pay taxes on it when it arrives on Brazil. tbh maybe I won't even buy it now but wait till I visit Japan next year and see if I find it cheaper there.

Old 24th October 2019, 09:52 PM
BEST Initiate

Am I the only one thinking that the BD and FC covers are worse than the CD and DVD?
I’m happy to see LLVL here, but I’m sad about the missing GET NAKED and STRIP MVs.
...and also I’m not really happy with the overall outcome of this release.

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 24th October 2019, 10:24 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Aside from Strip, I’m disappointed with the album so far. The promo pic is horrible
Old 24th October 2019, 11:07 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_King View Post
Am I the only one thinking that the BD and FC covers are worse than the CD and DVD?
I’m happy to see LLVL here, but I’m sad about the missing GET NAKED and STRIP MVs.
...and also I’m not really happy with the overall outcome of this release.
CD Only is the best no doubt.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, kuu, kuu-chan, queen of live