[Translation] Walk Translation - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Lyrics

Notices

Old 16th December 2014, 07:12 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

Walk Translation

I had to listen by ear because the official lyrics aren't out yet, but I'm pretty sure I got it right.
edit: Official lyrics are out.

Quote:
Walk

I'm looking back at today

I wonder if that person had a good day
I wonder if that person didn't cry tonight

I hope so

Hey, how much more honest to myself should I be?
Hey, I wonder if my indecisiveness let you down again today
Hey, to what extent am I truly kind?
Hey, I wonder if my ignorance hurt you again today

I suddenly start thinking about the future

I wonder where that distant road led to
I wonder what this road will connect to

Someday I'll…

Hey, what things do people call selfish?
Hey, if I had lied would I be forgiven?
Hey, what standard do people use to measure?
Hey, if there's a line saying "any further than this is wrong"
Who decides where it is?

I lead this kind of life
But I live with my head held high
Japanese lyrics
Spoiler:
Uh lala lalala lalalai
今日も1日振り返ってる 

あの人は優しい日を送れたかな
あの人は泣かない夜を過ごせたかな

願った

ねぇ僕はまたどこまでなら
素直になっていいのか
ねぇ今日も決められずに
ガッカリされたかな
ねぇ僕はどこまでを
優しさだと言うのか
ねぇ今日もわからないまま
君を悲しませたかな

Uh lala lalala lalalai
明日にふと思い馳せてる

あの道はどこへ辿り着いたんだろう
この道はどこへ繋がって行くんだろう

いつかは

ねぇ一体 人は何を指して
ワガママだと呼ぶのか
ねぇもしも偽ったなら
許されると言うのか
ねぇ一体 他人は何の
ものさしで測ってる
ねぇもしもここからは
もうだめだって
ラインがあるとしたら
誰が決める

lalalalala lala lalalalalai こんな毎日だよ
だけど胸を張って uh 生きてるよ

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 23rd December 2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 16th December 2014, 07:17 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Thank you very much! So touching...

P.S. SO touching...
Old 16th December 2014, 07:34 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Thanks a lot for the translation!

Those are very powerful lyrics. Ayu really knows how to do it. WOW...
Old 16th December 2014, 07:46 PM
Initiate

So sad and painful. Feels like she has a lot of things to say but she has to hide them in a way within these lyrics
Old 16th December 2014, 08:24 PM
UNITE! Initiate

thank you!
Old 16th December 2014, 08:36 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Incredible... Best lyrics in a long while.
Thanks a lot for the translation !
Old 16th December 2014, 08:50 PM

Thank you! Those are great too!
Old 16th December 2014, 09:36 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
I lead this kind of life
But I live with my head held high
sort feels like an answer to A Song for xx's lyrics:

Quote:
I was born alone. I'll go on living alone.
I thought that surely that kind of life is appropriate.
Like she wasn't quite sure who she was before but now she's at a place in her life where she doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
Old 17th December 2014, 12:19 AM
until that Day… Initiate

wow the lyric is the best!
thanks for the translation!
Old 17th December 2014, 01:40 AM
Don't look back Initiate

if you think really deep, its really sad and beautiful ><
Old 17th December 2014, 03:50 AM
P.S II Initiate

thanks for the lyric translation! i am sorry to say this again that the lyric reminds me of Winding Road.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:23 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Thank you
Old 17th December 2014, 10:00 AM
appears Initiate

Well, I wonder if part of this is just her looking back at her life since her marriage to Manny. The marriage honestly brought out this part of her that really wanted a companion in life, and it seems by the lyrics she is talking about a sense of regret but inability to change what has happened. I mean, she followed her heart at the time, and looking back, she clearly feels she could have saved herself as well as others some pain by having continued to pretend it didn't matter?

So, maybe she's coming to terms with how she's had to give up parts of her passion to fulfill this want in her life? My thoughts on the indecisiveness is that she seems to be all about her career every few months and then she disappears to her marriage again for awhile.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:10 AM
MY STORY Initiate

This song starts to sound better after reading these lyrics. Thank you for the translation.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 17th December 2014, 12:07 PM
Initiate

I like this lyrics!! It's really good!!

Namie-Fans.net
Old 17th December 2014, 03:50 PM
count down Initiate

wasn't expecting this from the song.. thank you for the translation

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 17th December 2014, 04:15 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

This song is really growing on me. YESSS

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 17th December 2014, 04:17 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Like she wasn't quite sure who she was before but now she's at a place in her life where she doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
Actually when you couple these lyrics with the melody, it doesn't seem like she's confident at all, you know?

You know how in monochrome she says "because I'm so strong" but is then interrupted, and you can kinda tell that she's not ACTUALLY strong, she's just telling herself that?

I get that feeling from this song too. I had complained in another thread that the chorus & verse melodies seem to be switched - as a result, the song seemed just kinda off or wrong to me, and when I heard the full song it sounded like it was building up to a climax that never really came. The song doesn't end on a tonic, at least the vocal line doesn't ever really come to a "proper" end - the result is that Ayu sounds like she's thinking or hoping or wondering the ENTIRE time, without ever coming to an answer. This song sounds very insecure to me as a result. It sounds like even now she's musing about whether or not she's gone the right way... this to me sounds like the more mature version of "What is forever love," or the romance-related version of "crossroad" (where that one seemed to be more about her career).

Yet another song I liked better as soon as I read the lyrics, haha.
Old 18th December 2014, 12:32 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Well, I wonder if part of this is just her looking back at her life since her marriage to Manny. The marriage honestly brought out this part of her that really wanted a companion in life, and it seems by the lyrics she is talking about a sense of regret but inability to change what has happened. I mean, she followed her heart at the time, and looking back, she clearly feels she could have saved herself as well as others some pain by having continued to pretend it didn't matter?

So, maybe she's coming to terms with how she's had to give up parts of her passion to fulfill this want in her life? My thoughts on the indecisiveness is that she seems to be all about her career every few months and then she disappears to her marriage again for awhile.
I thought this song and maybe even Last Minute are her thoughts on Manny now that she has been able to find love again and she's thinking back to why things didn't work last time? They seem more reflective than the lyrics following the divorce. I think she wanted to make it work with Manny at the time but found it too hard in the end and you can hear that regret in the songs and maybe those times are highlighted and make more sense to her now by having found someone else. Either way, some good lyrics on this single. They feel Ayu and touch on Ayu themes but still feel new and with a real connection.

I really love the chorus and how it builds and wonder how it would have sounded with two choruses repeated at the end in a standard song structure way? I'm torn between thinking it would be too much or super awesome...

Last edited by stepYOU1234; 18th December 2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 18th December 2014, 02:12 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I love reading the different interpretations here. I have to admit I never even considered this song from the perspective of Ayu's love life, I just jumped right into viewing it through my own lens. I can easily relate to many of her lyrics, but this is the only song I can recall that just seems to be all my own thoughts the whole way through. The whole questioning your place in the world, wondering about the future, trying to understand yourself and simultaneously doubting everything you feel, and trying to push on and cope with everything else in your life even with all this on your mind -- that's EXACTLY how I've felt very often lately. It's most certainly not what she set out to do, but I think it's a testament to her writing skills that she can keep penning songs that can hit so close to home to people over 10 years younger than her living on the other side of the world.

With all that said... I 100% agree with Zer0, she does not sound confident, to me she sounds like she's trying to convince herself. The doubt-and-question-filled choruses are clearly more powerful than the verses, which only reinforces the feeling of doubt and insecurity being the reigning emotions. However, the end of the song is even stronger, and I think this gives the song a lingering hopeful feeling; she might be feeling insecure and torn, but she knows she can find some determination to keep pushing on even though everything seems confusing and difficult at the moment. I'm not sure if anyone would agree with me, but I think everything clicks in this song: the lyrics, melody, and arrangement play really well together, and her singing only improves the song and reinforces its sentiments. I didn't even have to stretch for these interpretations, which is definitely a good sign!

Also, this doesn't happen to me a lot, but listening to this song gives me some strong mental images. I can see Ayu, or myself, or just someone, walking around town where the sky is grey and some snow is falling, melting into the crowds, absorbed in their thoughts, recalling various positive, negative, and strong memories, getting caught up in them and the whole inner turmoil going on, ending up in a deserted place (perhaps a particular bridge in my home town, or some park) towards the end of the song, the sky is grey and the snow keeps on coming, and at the end, the person looks up, still conflicted and lost but not pained, and keeps on walking alone. I don't expect anyone to have all these similar images, but just... that feels cool.

Also also, this is definitely my favourite song off the single, all these layers, man!

@stepYOU: You pose an interesting question about the choruses at the end. After some thinking, I'm leaning towards this one final chorus being fine: adding an additional one could be kinda overkill and make the song drag a little... but on the other hand, it might make the song easier to grasp, since it's not really the catchiest one out thee as it is.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, lyrics, walk