[Ken Hirai] The 6th thread - Ken's Bar 2021 -ONLINE- DVD/Blu-ray (11.05.22) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 19th September 2018, 05:56 PM
still alone Initiate

^LOL it mostly makes me laugh cause of the lyrics ("poppin' coochie" ). But it actually sounds better than what I imagined.
Old 19th September 2018, 06:14 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Seeing Ken rooted to his seat for the 2nd time when he covered Namie's WANT ME,WANT ME onstage was really funny

Anyway Ken is not a dancer so this's the next alternative haha

I'm still waiting for Ken to cover ARASHI's Kitto Daijoubu in full though . A shame he only sung a bit of it way back during the MC segment of Ken's Bar 2006

And hearing Ken rap a bit onstage was and is still epic together with some of the hand gestures he did at the same time , haha

I did not post this on here but here's Ken's rendition of WANT ME, WANT ME at last year's Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! concert that I cut out from what WOWOW Prime aired this Feb

https://www.sendspace.com/file/81nrxf

The opening number for Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! concert was Ken's cover of Austin Mahone's Dirty Work aka the song that shot female comedian Blouson Chiemi to popularity last year

Ken's mannerisms when he came onstage was super funny I laughed so hard cos it shows a very different side of Ken that people normally do not see

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 19th September 2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 19th September 2018, 09:58 PM
still alone Initiate

^Thanks for sharing!

It's cool how freely Ken covers songs. Both Japanese and English songs.
Old 20th September 2018, 02:26 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Brief snippet of Ken singing Namie's WANT ME,WANT ME and his duet of Grotesque with Namie onstage at last Sat's WE ♡ NAMIE HANABI SHOW Zen Yasai ~I ♡ OKINAWA / I ♡ MUSIC~

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av32000413

I know I shouldn't laugh at Ken singing WANT ME,WANT ME but xD
Lol that was kinda hilarious. It was cool he did with the guitar and he sounded great but I kind of like last version he sang of want me want me when it was just a drum.
Old 20th September 2018, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
It's cool how freely Ken covers songs. Both Japanese and English songs.
Yeah Ken make it look so easy be it what language of songs he chose to cover . His English pronunciation is actually quite good even though in reality he can't speak the language that well

I uploaded the Ken's Bar 2006 MC segment that Ken talked about his love on ARASHI's Kitto Daijoubu xD

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e883ht

The file has English subtitles even though the quality is not good

That still make me chuckle after all these years especially when Ken tried his best to dance despite rooted on his bar stool , again

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 24th September 2018, 09:15 AM

Footages of July's J-WAVE LIVE SUMMER JAM 2018 were aired yesterday and this was recorded on 15th July at Yokohama Arena which Ken performed on that day , besides other artistes

Spoiler:

http://krmusicblog.com/tv-show-j-wav...18-2018-09-23/

Among the songs Ken sung at J-WAVE LIVE SUMMER JAM 2018 include :

- Love Love Love
- Elegy
- Shiranai ne Desho?
- Todokanaikara
- Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana ?
- Non Fiction
- Kimi wa Tomodachi

https://antenna.jp/articles/6871338

For now I'm not sure if Ken's full setlist was aired cos I'm in the midst of downloading the .ts

Old 24th September 2018, 02:42 PM

I downsized finished July 15th's J-WAVE LIVE SUMMER JAM 2018 footages to .mp4 & I'm currently watching Ken's performance

FujiTV NEXT unfortunately cut out 2 songs from Ken's setlist ie. Elegy & Kimi wa Tomodachi which Ken sung Kimi wa Tomodachi as the last song

Aside from that , fantastic performance that Ken put out as always . What stuck me is that besides the opening number Love Love Love , the other songs he did , only 1 instrument back him up vocally , that's it

Piano

- Shiranai ne Desho?

Guitar

- Todokanaikara

Acoustic guitar

- Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana?
- Non Fiction

Heck Ken could have just sung Love Love Love acapella & nailed it flawlessly as so which he did in the opening & ending of the song

Anyway if anyone wants Ken's performance from J-WAVE LIVE SUMMER JAM 2018 , I can send the download link via PM

Old 24th September 2018, 04:40 PM

Ken will appear on 14th Oct's episode of Love music & he will perform half of me !

https://twitter.com/KEN_HIRAI_staff/...15161391853571

Oh wow , can't wait to watch Ken's 1st performance of half of me in a TV show , hopefully it will be great

Old 1st October 2018, 09:34 AM

I downsized the WE ♡ NAMIE HANABI SHOW Zen Yasai ~I ♡ OKINAWA / I ♡ MUSIC~ file to .mp4 from what haraiso uploaded cos my laptop will freeze if I play 1920 x 1080 files D:

If anyone wants Ken's standalone performance and/or the other artistes' performances , let me know I can cut the files up which's what I did earlier on for Namie's & Ken's

Old 2nd October 2018, 06:13 PM

WOWOW Live will broadcast Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Premium Live in NY footages on 21st Oct

The footages that will be aired were recorded on 28th Aug and WOWOW will be airing the full concert

https://twitter.com/WOWOW_hogaku/sta...48582182920194

Old 3rd October 2018, 01:05 AM
Initiate

Quote:
WOWOW Live will broadcast Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Premium Live in NY footages on 21st Oct

The footages that will be aired were recorded on 28th Aug and WOWOW will be airing the full concert

https://twitter.com/WOWOW_hogaku/sta...48582182920194
Sweet! That's not too long to wait. Also, can you send me Ken's part of the JWave Live? Thanks!
Old 3rd October 2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Sweet! That's not too long to wait. Also, can you send me Ken's part of the JWave Live? Thanks!
Sure , I will PM you Ken's performance at July's J-WAVE LIVE SUMMER JAM 2018

half of me will be released digitally on 11th Oct

https://twitter.com/KEN_HIRAI_staff/...55427632533504

lol at the cover

half of me will be released online on the same day as when Tasogare Ryuuseigun ~Jinsei Orikaeshi , Koi o Shita~ drama starts airing on Fuji TV

Old 3rd October 2018, 12:26 PM

I watched the opening of Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! last night where Ken opened the show with his rendition of Austin Mahone's Dirty Work

It was super funny cos everytime I hear Dirty Work it always reminds me of female comedian Blouson Chiemi cos she made the song her theme no. last year which contributed to her popularity

And Ken's mannerisms was hilarious from the moment he walked out onstage

Also in the midst of performing , Ken was throwing blank papers everywhere & later on before he finished performing , Ken picked up the paper pieces 1 by 1 while doing some weird kung fu like gestures that made everyone laughed so bad xD

Ken's backup musicians were trying hard not to laugh but that failed

Aside from that , it was just Ken being backed up by a cello & then subsequently an acoustic guitar which worked so well in his favour

I'm still surprised that Ken is not fluent in English cos his English pronunciation is considered really good for a Japanese

Old 3rd October 2018, 04:54 PM

Ken with the drama cast of Tasogare Ryuuseigun ~Jinsei Orikaeshi , Koi o Shita~

https://twitter.com/ariolajapan/stat...09549773647872
https://twitter.com/TASOGARE_2018/st...45724332408838

Old 5th October 2018, 11:29 PM
Initiate

Quote:
I watched the opening of Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! last night where Ken opened the show with his rendition of Austin Mahone's Dirty Work

It was super funny cos everytime I hear Dirty Work it always reminds me of female comedian Blouson Chiemi cos she made the song her theme no. last year which contributed to her popularity

And Ken's mannerisms was hilarious from the moment he walked out onstage

Also in the midst of performing , Ken was throwing blank papers everywhere & later on before he finished performing , Ken picked up the paper pieces 1 by 1 while doing some weird kung fu like gestures that made everyone laughed so bad xD

Ken's backup musicians were trying hard not to laugh but that failed

Aside from that , it was just Ken being backed up by a cello & then subsequently an acoustic guitar which worked so well in his favour
Haha I don't think I watched this show all the way through, this sounds hilarious and definitely something he would do! I definitely have to go and watch it again!

Quote:
I'm still surprised that Ken is not fluent in English cos his English pronunciation is considered really good for a Japanese
I was surprised to learn that too. I heard him give an English interview I think it was on a radio station in Taiwan, not sure when but it was a while ago, and he sounded pretty fluent to me. His English pronunciation actually is really good, he's very understandable and he does a pretty good job covering all those English songs.

Quote:
Sure , I will PM you Ken's performance at July's J-WAVE LIVE SUMMER JAM 2018
Thanks, much appreciated. It was great!
Old 6th October 2018, 05:01 AM

The opening of Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! was quite long so it didn't took Ken to come onstage until much later on

But yeah when Ken appeared onstage , the cellist started to play his cello to the sounds of Austin Mahone's Dirty Work & all hell broke loose in a good way hahaha

It always surprise me that Ken is not fluent in English cos when I listen to his Ken's Bar albums , if I didn't know about it , I would have assumed he can speak English well but in reality that's not the case

Talking about Ken's Bar , I think it's time for Ken should put out Ken's Bar 4 and include his cover of Namie's WANT ME,WANT ME in a proper CD for good

Old 7th October 2018, 01:06 AM
Initiate

^ah ok. That could be why I didn't watch much of it, I'll have to watch it again. Yes, a studio version of want me want me would be great. I have the one from ken's bar 17 on my phone to listen to. By the way, is there a version of non fiction single with the PV? I could only find the limited first press with 12 tracks and the regular version but no cd+DVD...does it exist? I want to see the PV.
Old 7th October 2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
^ah ok. That could be why I didn't watch much of it, I'll have to watch it again. Yes, a studio version of want me want me would be great. I have the one from ken's bar 17 on my phone to listen to.
Here's the setlist for Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! :

1st Stage

1) Dirty Work (Austin Mahone)
2) Red Nose Reindeer (Makihara Noriyuki)
3) the flower is you
4) Request - Utsukushii Hito
5) Request - Itoshiki Hibi yo
6) Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana ?
7) Sentimental
8) Elegy

2nd Stage

9) Boku no Kokoro o Tsukutte yo
10) WANT ME, WANT ME (Amuro Namie)
11) Taxi Driver (Nakajima Miyuki)
12) Soredemo Shitai
13) Kimi wa Tomodachi
14) Strawberry Sex
15) POP STAR

Encore

16) Non Fiction
17) even if

Quote:
By the way, is there a version of non fiction single with the PV? I could only find the limited first press with 12 tracks and the regular version but no cd+DVD...does it exist? I want to see the PV.
No , Non Fiction was unfortunately wasn't released in a CD + DVD version :x , only CD Regular & CD Limited

For the CD Limited , the tracklist included live tracks . The only release so far to include the Non Fiction PV is in Utabaka 2 but for that , there was no DVD release , only a 3 CDs + Blu-ray :x

But I have the full Non Fiction PV in my hard disk , I will upload & PM you with it

For me I'm curious what songs Ken might cover if he put out Ken's Bar 4 . WANT ME,WANT ME should be in without a doubt haha

Old 7th October 2018, 09:07 PM
Initiate

^thank you so much! I forgot about Utabaka 2 lol.
Old 9th October 2018, 10:53 AM

WOWOW has uploaded a 1:30 minute Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Premium Live in NY live digest clip

https://twitter.com/WOWOW_hogaku/sta...79302730182656

I managed to rip & upload the live digest clip from the link :

https://www.mexashare.com/1hk6vuuqvy...est_1.mp4.html

Looks great