is this LOVE? (PV) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 8th October 2016, 08:58 PM
ayu trance Initiate

is this LOVE? (PV)

So what the hell does the car crash at the end of this PV stand for? Is it some kind of vulgar metaphor or bound to the lyrics because I was already confused back in 2005.
Old 8th October 2016, 09:09 PM
Far away Initiate

I understood that the child was saved because the car breaks but at the end you can see that anything in the room is broken, so I thought the child died.

I don't know how to connect it with the lyrics/ayu.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 10th October 2016, 05:35 AM
Daybreak Initiate

From my perspective, I think the whole PV is explaining about the confusion, uneasy feelings, and disruption in your mind when you are in love. You feel like seeing things, something is broken, ripped apart, but in the end, it's just happened in your mind, just your feelings, like an illusion.

That's why, at the end of the PV, when ayu thought something bad is about to happen (represented as the kid hit by the car, as well as the car explosion), he's actually safe, and there's no accident. The kid is safe and her room was okay, she's just imagining things.

That's my opinion about the PV.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 10th October 2016, 01:52 PM
ayu trance Initiate

maybe things are not as bad at first glance, is how I look at it. Like how the unit thing isn't destroyed and it was just her emotions in her head going off

Old 10th October 2016, 05:42 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

She breaks everything she's near (the mirror, the fruit etc). But her "breaking power" also breaks the car and saves the boy from being run over. Then her room is normal again.

I interpreted it as the breaking power symbolising bad self-esteem etc (feeling like you're a failure who just breaks everything around you), but then saving the boy shows that she shouldn't think like that and she feels better again (hence the normal room).

Last edited by tenshi no hane; 10th October 2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11th October 2016, 03:16 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
She breaks everything she's near (the mirror, the fruit etc). But her "breaking power" also breaks the car and saves the boy from being run over. Then her room is normal again.

I interpreted it as the breaking power symbolising bad self-esteem etc (feeling like you're a failure who just breaks everything around you), but then saving the boy shows that she shouldn't think like that and she feels better again (hence the normal room).
Wow, best interpretation so far. I love this.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 12th October 2016, 11:48 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post

you've got me thinking that the room might be her own mind and the breaking power- the negative emotions and thoughts that destroy oneself, her breaking the car might be that negativity used to do positive things that help others aka saving the boy, who might also be the symbol of her own future.
BTW that drop falling into the calm still water might be that one thing that gets into her calm mind that sets off the whole ripple effect to destroying herself.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 12th October 2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 15th October 2016, 11:54 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I really appreciate all of your thoughts on this topic. This PV has always been my favourite one. The visual asthetics are so intriguing and captivating. All the crashes and explosions in this PV don't seem to hurt Ayu physically, so they probably symbolize a perceived emotional pain, sorrow, sadness that can't be verbally expressed by her and thus is being depicted with visual metaphors. The destruction and brutality in this PV are probably implemented in order to convey this severe emotional state of mind and the despair that might be connected with it.
Old 18th October 2016, 06:03 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Much better than youtube had a girl ask what song was the last one in my digest of Made in Japan tour before wowow took it down, and she had ayu theory videos, I didn't even know where to begin, alterna was about ayu being deceived and crazy things about the Illuminati the video was very confusing as it goes over a bit of ayu imaginary making no sense at all. But still a WTF video to watch, just because what they are saying