[News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~ - Page 20 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th January 2019, 08:41 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Wasn't A song for XX the song that put her on the map? Tbh she has soooo many hits she could pretty much just throw darts to decide what to sing. I'm still not very fond of Boys & girls even after hearing it live, although the entire audience singing Sorrows to the lyrics on the screen was quite an experience. I do wish she shakes things up, cuz I might try to see her again while I'm still in Asia, but a trip to Japan is still quite a big deal. I do hope she filters it a bit. As much as everybody loves No way to say, it was quite sad and cringy to hear those vocals at the CDL.

I still think the no photo policy is dumb. Most fans are just trying to snap a souvenir to remember the show by. Everybody knows there are better and prettier official photos of Ayu online, and they're not trying to compete with those photos. They just want to remember it from their seating view, an experience that's personal. Why else would people pay so much to see Ayu in person from across the hall, instead of just buying the DVD release? I'll respect Japan's laws and culture, but oh come on.

Last edited by Yoake; 12th January 2019 at 04:30 PM. Reason: double post
Old 11th January 2019, 08:52 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280301 View Post
I think Ayu's always been pretty good at shaking up her setlists, while keeping the classics that fans that don't get to see her regularly will appreciate being present. However, I am hoping that the A^3 date will be lean more towards including a greater selection of classics, though JTB and Made in Japan did this pretty well imo.

I feel like M has been criminally ignored in the last few years, as has Dearest, but these two make sense as she did sing them pretty frequently around their releases.
I feel like she's much more conscious these days about which songs suit her current voice best, and so she tends to stray away from a lot of older songs.

That said, if she put effort into new arrangements, it could work really well. In TA2015 she sang M at the show I went to, which was swapped out for Last Minute on the recording date and it was the more rock arrangement like the first PoM. It definitely suited her voice very well.

Dearest, on the other hand, hasn't really had a great performance since the time it was a single (and all of those performances were great). So I'm OK if she doesn't sing that one live again - it just doesn't work for her now.
Old 11th January 2019, 09:00 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

1 LOVE is one of my favourite songs, so I don't mind. Plus, I find her version of the TROUBLE tour much more refined, than other times. The choreo is perfect right now!

I made a Spotify list with the songs in order of the setlist. Gotta say. The most likeable part for me is WARNING - 1 LOVE, and I guess they are the overperformed bit.
So, no complaints.

Old 11th January 2019, 11:35 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Most song that are boring ob DVD are not boring when you see her live, except My name is women, this song just pisses me off even when I see the concert live in person xD

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 12th January 2019, 12:25 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropass View Post
She also sang 1 LOVE in JTB Chapter 2. Starting from CDL 14-15 we can see how many times this song was appeared in concert:
2014: CDL 14-15
2015: ARENA TOUR 15
2016: TA TOUR 16
2017: Just the beginning Chapter 2
2018: TROUBLE TOUR
2019: TROUBLE TOUR

If we count CDL 14-15 and AT15 were in the same year, she performed 1 LOVE in 5 consecutive years. Except in JTB, the choreography were almost the same.

1 LOVE is not just performed in more than 2 concerts, but in EVERY YEAR since 2015. The most important thing make me sick of 1 LOVE is she didn't make anything new on the choreography after CDL 14-15 but only changed the background animation. Moreover, in TA TOUR 2016 she performed LOVE 'n' HATE instead of 1 LOVE during some performances. However she always only chooses songs which have been performed many times to be appeared in the filming date.
This only looks bad if you disregard that she did not sing it during:
CDL 2015-2016 Made in Tokyo
Arena Tour 2016 Made in Japan
JTB1
JTB3
Arena Tour Power of Music 2018

So there’s been a nice gap between each of 1LOVE performances. She has been touring a lot in the recent years.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th January 2019, 01:06 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
Still more than 2. Have you ever seen her live? It's completely different that just watching her on DVD. Like I said, 1LOVE is really fun live and it fit well in this setlist next to W and Lady Dynamite.
I've seen 1 LOVE live 3 times. The first time when I saw this song's performance was JTB Chapter, the choreography changed a bit but second half part of the song still same as CDL 1415/AT15/TA TOUR16. At that time I think it was okay but not quite interested in it. Last year when I attended TROUBLE TOUR, I just felt this song with the same choreography can be kicked out from her concerts. I would be more satisfied if she bring back the dance in AT07.
I won't deny it was fun when I saw the dancers spreading ayu money, which reminded me the MV of 1 LOVE. But I'd prefer other less performed songs like NaNaNa or identity next to Lady Dynamite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
This only looks bad if you disregard that she did not sing it during:
CDL 2015-2016 Made in Tokyo
Arena Tour 2016 Made in Japan
JTB1
JTB3
Arena Tour Power of Music 2018

So there’s been a nice gap between each of 1LOVE performances. She has been touring a lot in the recent years.
That's why I use the word “every year”. I agree she should include some must-have songs in her concerts. Indeed I love evolution, SURREAL, Love song and even You& Me. But it shouldn't be 1 LOVE nor WARNING with 99% same choreography and performance which have been recycled every year since 2015. They should be thrown away unless one day she make something new on them.
Old 12th January 2019, 07:28 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
But I'd prefer other less performed songs like NaNaNa or identity
Oh, it would be so nice if she sang them again.
Old 12th January 2019, 10:13 AM
ayu trance Initiate

When I saw the 1LOVE performance for the frist time (in CdM Tour) it was really amazing. The audience response to all the sex references was insane. It was really enjoyable. I don't think I'll ever be bored while going to her concerts. It's not that she's doing everything the same, there's always something new here and there to keep us excited.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 12th January 2019, 05:01 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

This tour already is already a fresh breath of air compared to her recent shows so I'm happy. Come on we get new props, new visuals for 1 Love (and they are really cool) and overall she seems to enjoy it a lot. That makes me anticipate her April arena concerts even more.
Old 12th January 2019, 08:00 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I personally don’t mind seeing WARNING often. It’s so much fun live.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th January 2019, 08:01 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
...But I'd prefer other less performed songs like NaNaNa or identity next to Lady Dynamite...
nobody can touch "identity" unless shuya is back!
jk...
Old 12th January 2019, 08:54 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
I feel like she's much more conscious these days about which songs suit her current voice best, and so she tends to stray away from a lot of older songs.

That said, if she put effort into new arrangements, it could work really well. In TA2015 she sang M at the show I went to, which was swapped out for Last Minute on the recording date and it was the more rock arrangement like the first PoM. It definitely suited her voice very well.

Dearest, on the other hand, hasn't really had a great performance since the time it was a single (and all of those performances were great). So I'm OK if she doesn't sing that one live again - it just doesn't work for her now.
I agree that that is most likely the reason that she stays away from them, but it's highly melancholic also, she should feel she can sing her own songs, even if they have to be altered and don't sound similar to the studio recordings anymore. Hopefully she does re-arrange some oldies in the future so that she can.
Old 12th January 2019, 10:02 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I still think her current voice would be really great for an acoustic live set a.k.a my holy trinity: Secret, Sweet Scar and Shape of Love, she could just sit there and sing without forcing her voice too much or shouting and I really love those songs and acoustics sets in general
Old 12th January 2019, 10:21 PM
BEST Initiate

Nooo... I don't like the most rearrangements... Bold & Delicious, ourselves, forgiveness and Born To Be... are ruined forever...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 13th January 2019, 02:49 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by labello View Post
Songs that might seem repetitive on DVD are actually a lot of fun in concert. It's always different with the energy of the audience and the artist.
YES!!
If I went to an ayu concert and she didn't sing Girls & Boys I would be very disappointed. And it actually happened, during the Nagoya shows of Premium Showcase. Not just me, but the Japanese fans around me were surprised and bummed without it. (I overheard some of them talking when leaving!)
Old 13th January 2019, 05:48 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I still think her current voice would be really great for an acoustic live set a.k.a my holy trinity: Secret, Sweet Scar and Shape of Love, she could just sit there and sing without forcing her voice too much or shouting and I really love those songs and acoustics sets in general
Wow, those songs are amazing, if only she could perform Shape of Love more often. I love guitar part in that song.
Old 13th January 2019, 10:44 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Damn u put a super beautiful trio together and now I really dream that she could make it happen
Old 13th January 2019, 10:54 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ To me, it's Evan's famous trio cause he mentioned it so many times already, but I love all of those songs. Sweet scar is pure beauty and I need it to land on some concert DVD finally!
Old 14th January 2019, 12:02 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
This tour already is already a fresh breath of air compared to her recent shows so I'm happy. Come on we get new props, new visuals for 1 Love (and they are really cool) and overall she seems to enjoy it a lot. That makes me anticipate her April arena concerts even more.
Actually for the show I attended I was surprised there were so many new things like costumes, props, and performances, especially the new arrangement of The way I am. It wasn't same as what she did in Line Live. It started with acapella and then different instruments were added step by step after first chorus. Something new was added to Last angel too. During the intro of the song, the male dancer acted with ayu in æternal picked her up and then went to backstage. This made æternal and Last agnel connected so well. The background visual of Last angel was also very attractive. That's why I'm mad to see her ditched The way I am and Last angel but kept 1 LOVE and added WARNING. She is still able to make her shows brand new, but she tend to throw away the new things and recycle those overperformed items. Luckily she still hasn't ditched We are the QUEENS, which is one of my favourite performance of this tour besides The way I am and Last angel.
Old 14th January 2019, 02:49 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Sky High Same! she really should!

freedreamer I love those songs! I have a small playlist with just the 3 of them, I'd love an acoustic set from Ayu

maxikot Yup, I'm guilty! (no pun intended lol) I always talk about those songs is just I love them so much
Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, live tour 2018-2019, trouble