Kalen Anzai cast as Ayu in the drama adaptation of "M 愛すべき人がいて" - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 22nd April 2020, 06:29 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907 View Post
AbemaTV is from TV Asahi, it's the same company. You're right: it got a lower budget but it's because it's a late night drama.

But while late night dramas often get lower budgets, they can sometimes surpass the buzz from primetime dramas easily. "Ossan's Love" is an example of that: it was a social phenomenon and it was aired at the same time slot, with shoestring budget.

And I am 99% sure she posted about the M performances on Instagram, which was basically promo for the drama. I remember seeing it in her Stories.

I think most of the "love story" told in the book is fiction made to boost interest in her (which worked) and to whitewash the public image of Max (considering most reports on Japanese tabloid media in the last few years are about him being involved with drugs, Yakuza, skeezy treatment of women etc). Ayu knows that and doesn't really want to directly endorse the drama and have it be considered an actual biography of hers but, at the same time, she knows it'll boost interest in her catalogue so it's pretty clear to me she is coyly promoting it.
I mean, the book was written based on interviews with her. I don't think she was lying in those interviews in order to give Max a better image, but who knows?

As for the drama, I had fun with it though it is one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen. It's not "good", but fun to watch anyway. What I don't like is them not using the original songs or names of the other artists (Like what's the point of ELT becoming OTF, et cetera? Especially when you are keeping the songs the same). All of the cover versions of the songs just sound cheap and pale in comparison to the originals which is a bad move since it seems Avex wants to use this drama to promote it's younger talent - all it is doing is reminding people how much better the original stuff sounded IMO. At least the M performance was lip synched to Ayu's original; hopefully that continues for all of the Ayu songs.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 22nd April 2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 22nd April 2020, 09:27 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
lol the vintage nineties avex logo at the end

the tracklist -
01. REVIVE 'EM ALL 2020(Beverly / FAKY / FEMM / lol -エルオーエル- / Yup'in / 安斉かれん)
revived MAXIMIZOR「CAN'T STOP THIS!!」
テレビ朝日系土曜ナイトドラマ+ABEMA独占配信 「M 愛すべき人がいて」挿入歌
2. Beverly revived globe「FACES PLACES」feat. SCHNELL from SOLIDEMO
3. FAKY revived DA PUMP「Feelin' Good -It's PARADISE- (Retake Version) 」
4. FEMM revived hitomi「CANDY GIRL」
5. Hina from FAKY revived Every Little Thing「出逢った頃のように」
6. lol - エルオーエル- revived TRF「EZ DO DANCE」
7. lol - エルオーエル- revived TRF「BOY MEETS GIRL」
8. Yup'in revived 相川七瀬「夢見る少女じゃいられない」
9. Yup'in revived 相川七瀬「恋心」
10. 安斉かれん revived m-flo「come again」feat. CAELAN from INTERSECTION

we're spared Avex nobodies honkling through poker face
Most of this cover songs were already released 2 years ago...

Old 22nd April 2020, 10:31 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I mean, the book was written based on interviews with her. I don't think she was lying in those interviews in order to give Max a better image, but who knows?

As for the drama, I had fun with it though it is one of the cheesiest things I've ever seen. It's not "good", but fun to watch anyway. What I don't like is them not using the original songs or names of the other artists (Like what's the point of ELT becoming OTF, et cetera? Especially when you are keeping the songs the same). All of the cover versions of the songs just sound cheap and pale in comparison to the originals which is a bad move since it seems Avex wants to use this drama to promote it's younger talent - all it is doing is reminding people how much better the original stuff sounded IMO. At least the M performance was lip synched to Ayu's original; hopefully that continues for all of the Ayu songs.
I think the book was made with some clear intentions in mind: reviving interest in her catalogue and whitewashing Max Matsuura's image + putting to bed some rumors regarding them. It wasn't made with the intent of actually telling the truth and a bunch of details were embellished (the book's promotion said so. It's a mix of "fiction" with real life details). Plus, if some of the things we heard about Matsuura are true then.... well, there's no way a lot of those details could be published in a mainstream book by a mainstream publishing house with AVEX permission lol.

But I personally don't believe in the "true love story" narrative or anything like that lol. It's just a marketing stunt. I mean, a true story about a love affair between a young girl right out of her teens with a the head of a huge record label in his mid-30s would be full of conflict of interests and would raise questions about abuse of power, ethics, etc. Max Matsuura himself is a figure that is rumored to be involved with drugs, the water trade and with some sketchy figures. So I have a hard time believing a romance between him and Ayu would not be a wishy washy romance fit for a broadcast TV drama or very marketing friendly lol.

That said, I am curious to check out the drama. Sometimes some cheesy fun is good. As I said, repercussion in Japan is very very high so I do think it'll benefit Ayu too (I mean, not her new material but...).

Last edited by andre2907; 22nd April 2020 at 11:52 PM.
Old 23rd April 2020, 02:54 AM
Don't look back Initiate

came here to read comments and im surprised by the positivity..will be catching it this weekend XD
Old 23rd April 2020, 05:44 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907 View Post
I think the book was made with some clear intentions in mind: reviving interest in her catalogue and whitewashing Max Matsuura's image + putting to bed some rumors regarding them. It wasn't made with the intent of actually telling the truth and a bunch of details were embellished (the book's promotion said so. It's a mix of "fiction" with real life details). Plus, if some of the things we heard about Matsuura are true then.... well, there's no way a lot of those details could be published in a mainstream book by a mainstream publishing house with AVEX permission lol.

But I personally don't believe in the "true love story" narrative or anything like that lol. It's just a marketing stunt. I mean, a true story about a love affair between a young girl right out of her teens with a the head of a huge record label in his mid-30s would be full of conflict of interests and would raise questions about abuse of power, ethics, etc. Max Matsuura himself is a figure that is rumored to be involved with drugs, the water trade and with some sketchy figures. So I have a hard time believing a romance between him and Ayu would not be a wishy washy romance fit for a broadcast TV drama or very marketing friendly lol.
Oh, I totally agree about the shady aspects of it, particularly from Max. However, both things can be true. Their relationship can be shady and dark and it can still be a love story as well (I do believe that Ayu was truly in love with him).
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:07 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Oh, I totally agree about the shady aspects of it, particularly from Max. However, both things can be true. Their relationship can be shady and dark and it can still be a love story as well (I do believe that Ayu was truly in love with him).
You're right, I don't disagree at all. It's not that she was in love with him that I doubt, it's just how the love story per se is told and how it evolved according to the book that I actually don't think is true lol.
Old 23rd April 2020, 12:25 PM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Now I was afraid by the storyline but it seems like a lot of things really happened like how Ayu decided of quitting her former agency to joine Avex. It was reported some years ago in a tabloid that Avex had to paye for it because she was still in contract etc...
The feud / revalery between Max and TK did happened back then and how he decided to produce Every little things and Ayu in response to that. It something Max told on her blog like 10 years ago.

It’s quite funny to look for what really happened.

I read a few years ago that avex STILL has to pay royalties to her former agency, because they definitely want to profit off her starpower she gained after getting out of the contract, moving on to better things. Any truth to that? seems unbelievable, after all these years.
Old 23rd April 2020, 01:05 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Looking for softsubs! I want to translate properly to another language for my friends, but I need the timing, any help?

~AYUFAN SINCE 2001~

COUNTDOWN LIVE 2009-2010 A ~Future Classics~ (31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ (8/9/10.7)
Old 23rd April 2020, 01:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^^
Yes I remember this article !!
Imo it's not that impossible !! Music industry work strangely especially in Japan you can't leave your agency easily without consequences, in a lot of case the people who does that are blacklisted.

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 23rd April 2020, 01:55 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakamoko View Post
Looking for softsubs! I want to translate properly to another language for my friends, but I need the timing, any help?
Here:
https://blitzfansub.com/m-ai-subeki-...ite-episode-1/

But you need a "Softsub Subscription" at Patreon.
Old 23rd April 2020, 05:00 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

New pic of Kalen Anzai and Shohei Miura.
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:04 PM
Love song H-Initiate

can someone upload episodes with subs here? I don't know why this site don't work for me

Last edited by Aderianu; 23rd April 2020 at 07:59 PM.
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:52 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Try this
https://ok.ru/video/1414182472347
Old 23rd April 2020, 07:59 PM
Love song H-Initiate

^thanks! it works
Old 23rd April 2020, 09:02 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
thank you for this! I actually enjoyed this and I have never watched any japanese tv-shows before, yeah it was kinda hilarious and over the top but it was really entertaining! acting was bad but in a entertaining way so I'm looking forward to this from now on.

Max looks so hot in here I might be in love
Old 24th April 2020, 01:38 AM
poker face Initiate

I just finished watching and it is just as cringe as I thought it would be in the best way.

Max's friend is super duper irritating.
Eyepatch is gearing up to be the best villain since Star Trek's Kai Winn.
Kalen seemed pretty good in the grand scheme of the rest of the show.

I'm not sure why they changed some of the stuff... it would have made more sense to either have told a story about Ayu and kept everything the same with dramatic licence or told a story about Ayu and changed everything.

But, eh. I'll be looking forward to the next episode.
Old 24th April 2020, 04:10 AM
Far away Initiate

Spoiler:

Does anyone get the "appears" lyric reference when Masa called Ayu for the 7th time? I thought that's pretty clever although kinda forced.
Old 24th April 2020, 05:40 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^Yep, I really liked that.

Old 24th April 2020, 06:53 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Thanks for this!!

Wow this is so bad it's good. I can't wait for more!
Old 24th April 2020, 07:36 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I thinks it was really fun, actually.

I was really surprised about how much charisma Kalen had on camera...So far the text didn't give Ayu much of a personality, but I really liked having Kalen on screen, lol. She also wasn't bad acting and unlike the show promo, she didn't give me the same feeling her PVs

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 24th April 2020 at 07:39 AM.

Tags
kalen anzai, m 愛すべき人がいて