[FIVE] PV's thoughts! - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 29th August 2011, 03:16 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
oh wow really?
i'll try to search for it.
then he's one lucky fan but he got potential to be a great composer though, see , almost everyone loves BRILLANTE in AHS. and he was used to be a choir member too long time ago, he said. it's pretty cool to know that he's the one who sang those chanting parts. though it's still weird for me that he appeared on the PV with female look lols.. why don't just give him a proper male look. lols.
he really reminded me of the way Egyptian people dressed up as... and since that was the theme of the video... with a weird gym number, I think he fits rather well in to it.
Old 29th August 2011, 03:21 PM
until that Day… Initiate

^ hmm probably something is not right, the hairstyle maybe.
he should put the egyptian head accesory (hat?) too to more like an egyptian man haha~
Old 29th August 2011, 03:49 PM
GREEN Initiate

Yeah... his hair throws me off too, but it's just a stylized style of the past Egyptian culture...
I like the PV more and more... but that gym scene gets me every time.. lol.
And the style of the music for some reason reminds me of enigma.. Love it!
Old 29th August 2011, 04:54 PM
Far away Initiate

No offense, but is all the PV done by leslie kee?? Then I think he shld stick with doing her photoshoots, that's all... Only Why.. feat juno was alright..

Brilliant is like -_-... Yes, it might be artistic, and art usually has no logical explaination for it.. bringing his photoshoting skills into a PV, is not so a good idea...
Old 29th August 2011, 05:04 PM
Real me Initiate

the PVs look way better in the commercial. XD

tumblr

Old 29th August 2011, 05:09 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda♥ View Post
the PVs look way better in the commercial. XD

cuz it's hD... haha, why... and Another song looks good....
Old 29th August 2011, 05:18 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I felt like the editing for all of the videos was very poor. Especially for Why...
Old 29th August 2011, 05:25 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

About ANother song PV, I really think there is a slight mismatch between the song and the PV. The song has a bit of the 'cutesy' feel with those strings and piano while the PV spells out 'Cool'. Whenever I listened to this song, I always picture ayu x Naoya and the dancers wearing ultra colourful hip hop outfits dancing with a nice outdoor backdrop.

oh and btw, did anyone catch a glimpse of a blue thingy with wheels (looks like a car or smth like that) while watching progress PV (3:40). It appeared and vanishes within a split second. Sorry for being so random XD but that caught my attention LOL.

あゆ

Last edited by fanayutic; 29th August 2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:09 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisha_Angel View Post
I felt like the editing for all of the videos was very poor. Especially for Why...
yeah
Old 29th August 2011, 09:36 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it would have been better if they didn't edit all of the PVs in like a marathon one to two day session, lol.

I recall that just a few weeks ago, they were all in the studio editing every PV at the same time~
Old 29th August 2011, 11:13 PM
End of the World Initiate

Progress PV had me very very disappointed..

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 30th August 2011, 12:33 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Gosh...maybe Ayu DOES do everything at the last second :/

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 30th August 2011, 01:42 AM
Far away Initiate

I am SO impressed with all the FIVE PVS! I just watched them all in a row and I loved every single one. 'BRILLIANTE' is such a powerful song and PV, I haven't felt so much emotion from a song and PV in a long time. It's not just artsy, there's a lot of symbolic meaning in there.
I loved beloved...I was so surprised to see her and the kids put their hands up in the air and then 'Under the same Sky' was written in the sky, that was awesome that she put a fan project into her work, and I really feel the lyrics have something to do with that and other things.

I liked how the progress PV flowed with the feeling of the song, and Ayu at the end with her signature look with the cowboy hat that she used to do!

'Why...Feat. JUNO' was another favorite PV of mine! Very arty and meaningful at the same time, I loved her butterfly dress and was blown away when the butterflies formed on the tree at the end to form Ayu's face!
'Another song' was quite a simple song but went with the song and still kept me watching the whole way through, although it is my least favorite of the 5, I still like it.

Overall, I'm really impressed with FIVE. I love all the songs, the lyrics, and the PVs. You can see from each of them that Ayu has put a lot of emotion into it (like she always used to with her arty PVs earlier in her discog) and hard-work. I'll definitely be buying this album! 5/5
Old 30th August 2011, 02:04 AM
Initiate

starting to lose all hope with ayu ....
Old 30th August 2011, 03:04 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu_Love View Post
I am SO impressed with all the FIVE PVS! I just watched them all in a row and I loved every single one. 'BRILLIANTE' is such a powerful song and PV, I haven't felt so much emotion from a song and PV in a long time. It's not just artsy, there's a lot of symbolic meaning in there.
Same here it is so intense, it made me cry, I'm gonna try to write my interpretation of it tonight. It's an Ayu song and PV that I give a 5/5 or 10/10, nearly perfect. What's amazing about it is that it has an intensity that anyone can understand and a clear message in the PV about what she is singing about (generally) you don't even have to understand Japanese to know that it is a song about giving up and dying, I think many people who aren't Japanese music fans or Ayu fans can even appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69 View Post
starting to lose all hope with ayu ....
I totally respect your opinion, that is just shocking to hear though. I am sorry you feel that way, I hope she will release something to redeem that love for you. I am having the complete opposite feelings as you, I think she is growing stronger as an artist. Again, totally respect your opinion though. I do agree, she took a lot of strange risks with this album, try to respect it, you don't have to like it, but respect that she tried.

Last edited by gogirlanime; 30th August 2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 30th August 2011, 03:57 AM

PV rank:

1. Why...
2. beloved
3. progress
4. BRILLIANTE
5. ANother song

I felt like "Why..." is reminiscent of the quality and creativity in the period between Memorial address and (miss)understood.

"beloved" surprised me. I expected a generic PV set on the beach (like Namie's Get Myself Back), but the second half of it is very heartwarming.

"progress" - interesting concept. I'm not necessarily bothered that ayu didn't have a lot of screen time, but the PV overall just didn't seem to go with the music that well. Could be an editing thing.

"BRILLIANTE" - feels contrived, despite the sexy shirtless European men. Every time I listen to this song I think of the drag queen. There's something about him that irks me.

"ANother song" - so generic. I thought ayu was going to dance for one second and then I got let down the next.
Old 30th August 2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yizhihenanjing View Post
let's me try to remember, the city street in rainbow, inspire, some reminds me of Curtain call and days, the railway station in heaven, the club in lady dynamite, hotel way in ladies night, the room like in because of you, western view like in love song, last angel pv, bold & delicious, some wild area like in dearest acoustic, desert like in inspire, virgin road, the highway like in next level, yeah and this is actually dearest acoustic feeling with the desert feeling and electric pole, this crowded beach makes me think of sunrise/sunset more than fairyland or surreal, blue birds,
I didn't think of it that way. It's a neat interpretation to go by, but the allusions are very vague to me personally.
Old 30th August 2011, 04:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

They are rather vague, but it makes sense. It would've been even more interesting if the people that were stopped at during the PV were in outfits that Ayu has previously work, or similar ones.
Old 30th August 2011, 06:58 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I loved the BRILLANTE Pv most of all, I get the Egyptian thing and really I am getting a very Cleopatra and Antony vibe. Where she kills herself at the end, despite having so many who love her/worship her?

Last edited by ~*Mabushii*~; 30th August 2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 30th August 2011, 07:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Mabushii*~ View Post
I loved the BRILLANTE Pv most of all, I get the Egyptian thing and really I am getting a very Cleopatra and Antony vibe. Where she kills herself at the end, despite having so many who love her/worship her?
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
Yeah... his hair throws me off too, but it's just a stylized style of the past Egyptian culture...
I like the PV more and more... but that gym scene gets me every time.. lol.
And the style of the music for some reason reminds me of enigma.. Love it!
I thought the EXACT same thing, I recommended this song to a very semi-Ayu fan friend of mine cuz she loves Engima, I was like "you'll love this Ayu song, it's like Enigma"

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, pvs