New single 'Dreamed a Dream' by Tetsuya Komuro out now [II] - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th August 2020, 06:41 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
s this like the entire MV tho or are we gonna get a longer version?
I believe that's just preview. Otherwise ayu just said in the middle of the song "I'm tired, let's go home")
Old 26th August 2020, 06:47 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

It's visually beautiful and considering the floor moves, this may be her hardest choreography so far (what isn't really something to write home about, as her choreo tends to be fairly easy... Fair enough considering she is not a dancer).

I'm not very found of most of her videography, so I'm satisfied with beautiful + nice choreo.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th August 2020, 07:12 PM
And Then Initiate

I REALLY enjoyed it, it fits perfectly with the song! the photography is so much better than her recent videos!

I have goosebumps each time i watch the first chorus part haha (it's so epic <3 )
Old 26th August 2020, 08:26 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I don't get the nun part (epic though), but the PV essentially shows her picking up the pieces (the dancers), helping them stand up and then them performing together. Dunno if it's well thought of, but it's a nice pop video.
Very insightful. I think maybe it’s just that with regards to the world coming to a standstill with the pandemic and her picking up the pieces with her dancers. If this truly is a shortened version, I’m very curious as to what the full version must be.

People need to keep in mind that it’s been a little while since she’s done videos (aside from her last one last month) and she hasn’t really done epic ones for quite some time (I really wish she would’ve done a fully video for We Are The Queens instead of 2 commercials because that would’ve really been epic). My guess is the pandemic and motherhood lit a fuse in her and she’s probably trying to reset her career or image. Maybe she wants to be the warrior literally and figuratively.

Old 26th August 2020, 08:32 PM
Two of us Initiate

Sorry but the PV is a big NO for me. I cannot find anything I like.
Old 26th August 2020, 08:45 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it's stunning that we even got a PV and by Masashi Muto!
Old 26th August 2020, 09:49 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
The pv is How Beautiful you are + Talkin'2Myself 's videos. Not bad but nothing really happens. The best part is the nun's scene.
I thought the same! Hahah gave me those vibes
I like it, I’m glad this song at least got a PV, I do hope we get a full version though! (Even if it’s not that different)
I was so caught by surprise, I was asleep when she announced a PV and also when it was released hahaha
The nun part also pleases me, we finally got ayu close ups, I feel like those have been missing for a while
Old 26th August 2020, 10:02 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Even if it was simple, the PV was great! I think it was like how beautiful you are but with her dancers for sure. I think that it was nice to see alternate outfits in a PV after not getting that for a while now. It's a good sign I think of things to come and that we're even getting PVs nowadays even if they are a bit less jampacked than they were just maybe a few years back (2015/2016?)
Old 26th August 2020, 10:17 PM
Because of You Initiate

Man, i've always wanted Ayu to turn into something epic in a music video. My wish was granted. It's one of the more cinematically pleasing PVs she's done in a while, and can we acknowledge the fact that it's been forever since she actually did any choreo in one??? Now the only thing is that i feel like the song is not epic enough for this. Although i love that guitar solo!

Also that cape outfit it's the same bodice she wore at FNS i think.
Old 26th August 2020, 10:28 PM
Initiate

This was such a nice surprise! I like the PV and since in recent years she hasn't done any, this and Ohia no Ki are a pretty good return imo. I hope we get even better ones in the future.

Like some other comments, I was definitely reminded of T2M. I like that she added some dance but it was a bit messy for me. I also don't mind the video being shortened, especially if there isn't anything new added to it. But I'm happy with it overall!
Old 26th August 2020, 10:42 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Ayu using "promotional clip" for this release makes me think of NEVER EVER and UNITE!. I wonder if that's basically how this is gonna be with the shortened version only.
Old 26th August 2020, 11:11 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I think the PV is alright. I like that she did a dance routine for this! I've adjusted my expectations for her PVs due to likely restraints brought on by the pandemic but this was more than I was expecting! It kind of reminds me of Rain on Me by Gaga.
Old 26th August 2020, 11:17 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I think if there was a longer version she would have called it "Dreamed a Dream (Short Ver.)" and not promotional clip. I like it, it's not the first time an artist has shortened a song for a music video. I would have just used "video" instead of "clip" (of nothing at all, basically how they did it with the uploads of NEVER EVER and UNITE!). Obviously a full video would be ideal but I'm sure they did this for a reason. I'm very happy with the result.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 26th August 2020 at 11:26 PM.
Old 27th August 2020, 12:11 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

This is for me the best video she released in what... a decade maybe? I don't care if it is a big ''Rain on me'' rip off, it fits the song and it doesn't look cheap.

It is ages below the quality of her 2005-2009 videos but damn what an updrade from her previous albums video(especially colours). She invested herself at least enough to learn a choreo (is it the first choreo in a video she does since Rule?)
Old 27th August 2020, 02:44 AM
Two of us Initiate

I love it! Ayu been really busy this past couple of months with releases and live performances. I hope theres more to come!

Appreciate that shes been working hard even though she doesn't have to especially during pandemic.
Old 27th August 2020, 02:46 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

One thing that is baffling is we basically got two new PVs and songs in one month after two years of barely anything, lol.
Old 27th August 2020, 04:29 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
One thing that is baffling is we basically got two new PVs and songs in one month after two years of barely anything, lol.
She mentioned about she found a great songs, will like to share to us once its ready and another collaboration with other artist.

which mean she might had 1-2 upcoming unannounced work.
new info might come after a-nation.
Old 27th August 2020, 04:38 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Oh, nice. I wonder if an album is coming before 2021. Where did she talk about the songs she found and the collab? Was the collab the person she called up while watching TV on IG Stories?

Last edited by truehappiness; 27th August 2020 at 04:46 AM.
Old 27th August 2020, 06:10 AM
CAROLS Initiate

The song is really bad...
Old 27th August 2020, 07:49 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Oh, nice. I wonder if an album is coming before 2021. Where did she talk about the songs she found and the collab? Was the collab the person she called up while watching TV on IG Stories?
She mentioned both in IG Stories I guess two weeks back.yeah the while watching TV post. they planned on collaborate are mentioned in that post.

Glad she's keep herself busy during this pandemic.

Tags
dreamed a dream, kazuyoshi shimomura, masashi muto, tetsuya komuro