How to get Ayumi Hamasaki concert tickets in Japan - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 13th March 2006, 10:36 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Well Sunshine Slayer, who lives in US, found a way to get tickets for the new concert, so we'll wait for him/her to tell us.
Old 14th March 2006, 12:40 AM
walking proud Initiate

I'll make a thread about the best ways to do it when I get back to the states. Right now I've got to head to the airport!
Old 14th March 2006, 12:44 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ thanks! airports are fun! so have fun ^^-

IF ANYONE, ANYONE!!! HAS THE POSTER FOR CAROLS...I WANT IT. K!? ;_____;

Old 14th March 2006, 06:02 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Yeah, I need help finding tickets too!! lol, I'm going for AT 2007! =]

I just wanna get tickets the first week available so I can get good seats! Thanks, SunShine Slayer!

Regardless if my pictures, they don't line your mirror...

I'll still wait for your call.

Credit to the one and only: asongforXX
<333 dearr
Old 15th March 2006, 11:09 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Will be looking forward to the thread.
Old 15th March 2006, 02:45 PM
Don't look back Initiate

yea me too...dieing to noe
Old 15th March 2006, 10:12 PM
As if.. Initiate

The real only way to get tickets is to do it in Japan.

I got my tickets to CDL 04-05 through the fanclub as I was a member at the time, and Arena Tour 2005 I got through a ticket outlet. I got my A-Nation tickets through regular ticket outlet as well, and I got my Every Little Thing ticket through a pre-sale for people who went to A-Nation.

Scalpers in Japan are obvious to spot (they basically wave tickets in your face) but I have never dealt with them so I don't know what kind of prices they sell them for etc.

Yahoo Auctions can work if you're a) in Japan, or b) know somebody who is in Japan and is willing to do it for you. Avex were tricky this year, but actually mailing people tickets after they paid for them. Because of this, tickets were late showing up Yahoo Auctions, thus making it impossible for someone say to use Celga or something to buy them because the turn around time would be just too long.
Old 15th March 2006, 10:25 PM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
Arena Tour 2005 I got through a ticket outlet. I got my A-Nation tickets through regular ticket outlet as well
I'm just curious about how this works. Do you need a Japanese address or can you buy at someplace that will give you the tickets on the spot?
Old 16th March 2006, 06:08 AM
Together When... H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardusties
oh my...how would I do that? Getting penpals? That actually sounds like fun
Pen pals work, or you could always befriend a Japanese exchange student at your school (if there are any who go to your school).
Old 16th March 2006, 06:39 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmskalmn
I'm just curious about how this works. Do you need a Japanese address or can you buy at someplace that will give you the tickets on the spot?
That's a good question. I can't remember if I had to input my phonenumber or not into the mahcine when I bought my tickets. I don't think I did, but I can't be 100% sure.
Old 17th March 2006, 04:45 AM
BEST Initiate

The way I got tickets to this year's concert was through Ebay, heh. You can find plenty of people selling tickets on Yahoo Japanauctions...there are many pages of them, but I would recommend gettng help from Japanese person because it can be tricky to navigate if you are lacking in Japanese skills. Almost all of these tickets are ones gotten through the fan club, so the seats will be good.

Since Ebay is an English auction site, I'd recommend checking there from time to time, as it will be easy for you to navigate.

I think that the reasonable price range per ticket should be $60-100 USD depending on what the seats are like.

Last edited by SheFliesHigher; 17th March 2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 17th March 2006, 02:27 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I guess it's really time to start making Japanese pen-pals now.
Old 17th March 2006, 08:08 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ I've been doing that too....though the ones who've replied back 'hate japanese music' ....as i 'hate american music' XD LOL!

But, good luck to you and everyone <3

http://www.japan-guide.com/ is a a good place to start [recomended by CoryBobory ]

IF ANYONE, ANYONE!!! HAS THE POSTER FOR CAROLS...I WANT IT. K!? ;_____;

Old 17th March 2006, 08:50 PM
walking proud Initiate

Ok, how you get concert tickets: (many of these have already been mentioned here)

1. The official way - Just forget it, it ain't gonna happen if you aren't living in Japan and you likely will not be able to get the very best seats because they all go to fan club members and foreigners can not join the fanclub. So just resign yourself to that.

2. Yahoo!Auctions - However sellers will only ship to Japan so you need to either be living in Japan or get someone in Japan to bid on the auctions for you and then send the tickets to you - you might have to pay this person to do so as well as pay for shipping costs.

3. Akibado is a website that offers to bid on Japanese auctions for foreigners, but their prices to do look pretty high to me and I haven't used them before. However you might want to give them a try if you can't find anyone else to bid on the auctions for you and the Harajuku option listed below isn't possible for you either.

4. THE BEST way to get tickets is to not get them until you are actually in Japan. It sounds very risky, I know. If you are flying to Japan and getting a hotel room and spending all that money just to see Ayu live, you would generally like to have the tickets first so that you know for sure you are going. But trust me that this way is the easiest, least confusing, and ultimately cheapest way to go.

If your concert is in Tokyo or the surrounding area (Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, Tochigi etc) what you want to do is go to a ticket reseller shop in Harajuku. It's very easy to find since it is on the famous Takashita Dori st.(famous for its crepes, fasion, and idol shops.) On the Tokyo Metro system, take the green Chiyoda line to the Meiji-Jingumae stop. Exit the station and you should see a big store across the street called Snoopy Town.(this is a cool place to check out since it has more Snoopy merchandise than anywhere in the US.^_^) Cross the street to Snoopy Town and then continue down the sidewalk to the left. Soon you will see Takashita Dori on the right. (You really can't miss it, there is a big archway over the start of the street that says Takashita Dori) It's a narrow crowded street filled with Idol shops that sell every photo, key chain, pen etc with Ayumi, Gackt, MM, L'arc and zillions of boy bands on them - Don't spend all of your money before you get to the Ayumi tickets! lol. About 3/4s of the way down the street there will be a lingerie store called LOVX on your left.(don't confuse it with the LOVX building that will be on your right about 1/2 way down the street. That store just sells cosmetics.) There are a set of stairs in front that lead up to the second level of the LOVX building and inside of there is concert ticket mecca. They have tickets for sale for every major concert tour currently going on as well as sell tour goods from past tours, all in glass displays, so you can easily pick out what you want. Best of all, the prices are reasonable. I actually paid less at that shop for Ayu tickets than I did through Yahoo!Auctions and the seats were comprable. Also, as the concert gets closer they will seriously mark down tickets that haven't sold yet. I saw one 400 level ticket that they had for the Saitama show which hadn't sold yet(the concert was the next day) and they were selling it for 3000 yen! Pretty amazing considering that the ticket originally cost 7,800. They have tickets for all over Japan, but obviously the area they are the most well stocked for is the Tokyo area.

Much Japanese isn't required to buy the tickets. You can simply point to the one you want and they'll get what you mean. Of course speaking at least some Japanese is helpful, but you should be able to get by mainly on gestures and their limited English ability.

So if you want to go to a concert in or around Tokyo all you need to be thinking about is that shop in Harajuku. It's easily the best option.

5. The last option are scalpers. Your likely to pay more, but usually they are better seats. For example, I had 2 tickets for the Sun. Saitama performance - both were for the 400 level(far back from the stage). So I found a scalper and traded my 2 400 level tickets for 1 200 level ticket + I had to pay 3000 yen. You generally don't have to try and spot the scalpers. If your concert is one of the main ones(like Saitama, Yoyogi, Osaka) they will be waiting to pounce on you just as you leave the train station. Authorities must not care about scalpers because they do it wide out in the open and very obviously. It's worth noting though that I didn't see any scalpers at the Hiroshima show last year. However, they were all over the Saitama show this year. For this option it's good to at least know how to count in Japanese and know what 'man' and 'sen' yen mean, that way you can bargain with them. As I found out, this is also an excellent option if you already have your tickets but want a better seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheFliesHigher
I think that the reasonable price range per ticket should be $60-100 USD depending on what the seats are like.
I wish. The tickets to start with cost 7,800 yen which is roughly $80. But expect to pay at a very minimum 10,000 yen. But it more than likely will end up being between 12,000 and 17,000 yen. ($120-$170) And that is just for bad to mid range seats, not the best seats.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 20th March 2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 19th March 2006, 12:29 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Wow, thanks alot SS
Old 19th March 2006, 06:16 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Starts penpal letter...
"Hello Yoshi, my name is Jennifer and I live in California. I would like to be your Japanese pen pal!
Here is $100. Please send me a ticket to Ayu's new tour. Thank you!...."
*reads SunshineSlayer's post... throws away letter* That's much more efficient, if not polite.

Old 19th March 2006, 06:50 PM
Together When... H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie Mae
Starts penpal letter...
"Hello Yoshi, my name is Jennifer and I live in California. I would like to be your Japanese pen pal!
Here is $100. Please send me a ticket to Ayu's new tour. Thank you!...."
*reads SunshineSlayer's post... throws away letter* That's much more efficient, if not polite.
Well of course getting the tickets on your own is much better than taking advantage of a Japanese friend that you might barely know....^^;

I guess I sounded a little mean about saying the only way to get tickets is through Japanese friends. Although it does help to have a Japanese contact in Japan, it's probably better if you actually know them in person ^^;
Old 19th March 2006, 07:57 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Thank you SunshineSlayer, when I read your post I got all shaky... making my dreams come true (going to AT2006) is closer than ever. After trying to calm down a bit I read your post again and checked up the different alternatives you stated. I need to go and calm down more now. AAAAAAAaah.

Thank you so much!

I have some other questions for you, is it ok for me to ask you even more? I think I should PM them. Please tell me if its okay for me to ask you more questions!

Last edited by immel; 19th March 2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 19th March 2006, 09:13 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Do last day shows cost more than the regular ones?
Old 20th March 2006, 06:30 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel
Thank you SunshineSlayer, when I read your post I got all shaky... making my dreams come true (going to AT2006) is closer than ever. After trying to calm down a bit I read your post again and checked up the different alternatives you stated. I need to go and calm down more now. AAAAAAAaah.

Thank you so much!

I have some other questions for you, is it ok for me to ask you even more? I think I should PM them. Please tell me if its okay for me to ask you more questions!
Yes, go ahead and ask questions. It's ok to post them here because I'm sure others have the same questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33r
Do last day shows cost more than the regular ones?
That I don't know since I've never been to her final show of a tour. (the one that is filmed for the DVD.) The final show this time is June 11th at Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo. However it will be her 5th show there this tour. (2 in April and 3 in June) That is a lot of dates at the same venue, so maybe the price won't be too bad.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 20th March 2006 at 06:34 AM.

Tags
countdown