[News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition- - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 20th September 2019, 03:53 PM
Voyage Initiate

^I'm in!
Old 21st September 2019, 05:10 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Me too. Even though they were originally released 2+ years apart O_O
lol i guess it would be more appropriate to say let's play the remasters of FF8 or more accurately FF9 (which is the closest in release loveppears) but let's face it LOVEPPEARS is the Jpop album equivalent of FF7 in terms of capturing a moment/zeitgeist and the most revered article in Japanese popular culture in the mid to late nineties. Both FF7 and loveppears quite cold and industrialist in motifs/feel.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 21st September 2019 at 05:15 AM.
Old 21st September 2019, 06:45 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
This is the quality of demos we can look forward to

Avex NEVER released this song, though it surfaced on YouTube
holy shit this song is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
Actually pretty realistic imo. I’ve also started to think this “time off” she’s been taking is intencional, to create some kind of hype, as well as a legend kind of aura around her, making her discography seem more iconic. It has worked in my case, I perceive her past albums differently than I used to. As I said, more iconic.
the absence of new music has definitely taken this effect on me, too. it makes my heart of hearts want to believe that she's building up to a new release that is worth the hype, you know? like a good mid-tempo ballad single with a good-looking video clip. my bar is so low at this point
Old 22nd September 2019, 01:07 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
lol i guess it would be more appropriate to say let's play the remasters of FF8 or more accurately FF9 (which is the closest in release loveppears) but let's face it LOVEPPEARS is the Jpop album equivalent of FF7 in terms of capturing a moment/zeitgeist and the most revered article in Japanese popular culture in the mid to late nineties. Both FF7 and loveppears quite cold and industrialist in motifs/feel.
I can agree with this xD However I will forever stan FFVIII and I will never understand people who prefer VII

I wouldn’t mind an unreleased/demo mix tape album, however that’s what usually happens when an artists dies or retires (though sweetbox have done this while Jade was still active). So a bonus cd/TA-only release would make more sense.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 24th September 2019, 07:55 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
Should've added the 1999 secret live as a bonus disc
http://eneabba.net/ayu/video/other/0...et_live_99.htm
This. I was excited until I read the actual description of the content. I thought for sure one of her early unreleased lives would get packaged with it (ala Utada's First Luv Live being included with the First Love rerelease). Video does exist, hence the news footage, ugh.

Instead, this is just a really expensive repackage of things that have been released and bought before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I was listening to it today and I really think it is one of her most unique albums as far as music style. Her discography is so massive and each album has its own charm but LOVEppears stands out. What other albums do you think compare in style?
It's definitely one of her best albums in terms of theme and has a unique sound that runs throughout it. It's always been in my top 3 albums. I don't think she really has another that stays so true from start to finish to a theme and atmosphere.

It also makes sense to me that A Song For Xx was skipped over. It really wasn't until Loveappears that she really became "Ayumi Hamasaki", the huge, mega superstar.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 24th September 2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 24th September 2019, 08:17 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^The track A Song for XX for sure is way bigger than the album. Was it actually released as a single, it would be nice having an anniversary edition.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th September 2019, 07:27 AM
BEST Initiate

Did anybody realized that we’ll get the second re-master of TO BE, Boys & Girls, Trauma, End roll, appears, Fly high and Who... within three years? They were all re-mastered for A BEST -15th Anniversary Edition- and now they’ll get a new re-master for LOVEppears/appears -20th Anniversary Edition-.

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 25th September 2019, 08:01 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Boys & Girls has different vocals in this album though.
Old 25th September 2019, 08:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^The track A Song for XX for sure is way bigger than the album. Was it actually released as a single, it would be nice having an anniversary edition.
The track A Song for XX (MILLENIUM MIX) btw I never understood where is the millenium part, it sounds same as original for me

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 25th September 2019, 01:20 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud View Post
IIRC End roll on A BEST has different vocals too...

concerts i've attended:
Old 25th September 2019, 03:38 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
The track A Song for XX (MILLENIUM MIX) btw I never understood where is the millenium part, it sounds same as original for me
I think it’s just a remaster lmao. So in that case this would be a remaster of a remaster.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:51 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't think she really has another that stays so true from start to finish to a theme and atmosphere.
This is something I always felt but was never able to articulate. Well said! However, I would also throw in I am... to being consistent in theme with every song. But when it comes to atmosphere, it's not as consistent as LOVEppears for sure.

Quote:
Boys & Girls has the same vocals in A BEST and LOVEppears, but has a slightly different mixing. A Song for, Trust, Depend on you and End roll all have the updated vocals.

Quote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the MILLENIUM MIX of A Song for has a piano that's present in the second verse (after the first chorus), same instrumental as the one used on the A BEST version. That one small detail is the only noticeable change for me, but it makes that part of the song a bit more dramatic for me, so I prefer it lol.
Old 26th September 2019, 06:01 AM
still alone Initiate

Old 26th September 2019, 07:07 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
Boys & Girls has the same vocals in A BEST and LOVEppears, but has a slightly different mixing. A Song for, Trust, Depend on you and End roll all have the updated vocals.
oh true! I got it mixed with rearrangement.
Old 26th September 2019, 08:40 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
I don't know how to describe this but the MILLENIUM MIX sounds much weaker than the Album Mix; I feel this most noticeably in the instrumental part following the line 未来には期待出来るのか分からずに. the percussions, at least, sound noticeably less ...pronounced.

I hope the remaster for this release sounds noticeable to my amateur ears, like the difference between the original mixes and the remaster for A BEST 2. meanwhile, even with headphones on, I couldn't tell the difference between the 2001 A BEST and the 15th Anniversary A BEST

Last edited by Deep snow; 26th September 2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:15 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
meanwhile, even with headphones on, I couldn't tell the difference between the 2001 A BEST and the 15th Anniversary A BEST
omg, those remasters are the most noticeable for me. the songs gained a new spark for me.
Old 26th September 2019, 11:52 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
omg, those remasters are the most noticeable for me. the songs gained a new spark for me.
Same! The balance and dynamics are way better, so the sound is much clearer and cleaner...

concerts i've attended:
Old 27th September 2019, 12:14 AM
still alone Initiate

To me all of the remastered tracks sound about the same as the original releases when it comes to Ayu. Remastering recordings from the late 90s or 2000s won't provide much improvement. Most of the time remastering is about analogue and digital. Taking old recordings from the vinyl analogue era and giving them a new high quality 21st century digital remaster. But since the term "original master tapes" was used perhaps it is not a 100% digital recording and master. Maybe digital tape was used for the master? It's hard to know.
The best thing that they could do to her music is increase the dynamic range. But they have not done that on previous remasters so I don't have high hopes for this one.
Old 27th September 2019, 01:48 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_King View Post
Same! The balance and dynamics are way better, so the sound is much clearer and cleaner...
I'm pretty confident with the quality of my headphones, so ......it must be my hearing then how lucky you are for being able to notice the difference!
Old 27th September 2019, 02:31 AM
Voyage Initiate

I prefer the Millennium Mix of ASFXX - I find it's got a lot more oomph in the build up to the second chorus.

Tags
appears, ayumi hamasaki, loveppears