[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~again~ - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th December 2012, 03:39 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
I don't know what she pays or what Avex pays. Avex is the record label so it has to invest money and infrastructure on Ayu. If she was a black hole of money, they would cancel her shows and tours. She pays back with ticket sales, album and single sales, DVDs, goods, publicity...
Agreed!
Old 8th December 2012, 03:40 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ producer credits means thats who is paying for it to happen, or at least finds a way to pay for it; a better definition from wiki:
Quote:
A producer has many roles that may include, but are not limited to, gathering ideas for the project, selecting songs and/or musicians, coaching the artist and musicians in the studio, controlling the recording sessions, and supervising the entire process through mixing and mastering. Producers also often take on a wider entrepreneurial role, with responsibility for the budget, schedules, and negotiations.
I'm trying to find the article I read about how concert venues work however and I cant seem to find it, but an artist (or company) buys out the place and then sells the tickets themselves. When it says that it's produced by Ayumi I would think that means she does it herself... if avex puts in some money then they would get a cut as well, but I don't see why she would do this.

EDIT: but I did forget to mention that you are right, it varies from artist to artist... a relative unknown could not do this alone and would need help, but when you are ayumi hamasaki, lol... you get it.
Old 8th December 2012, 04:06 AM
No way to say Initiate

The term "producer" is so ambiguous in Jpop lol. Before she was credited as "Visualised by" then produced with Max and then just Ayu as the producer though her role probably didn't change that much as she's always been involved with everything from the start.
The "Executive producer" is the one typically in charge of money/business/etc while a "producer" is creatively involved in a project. Ayu has never been credited as an "executive producer", the Executive Producer on Power of Music for example is Max Matsuura.

It's different for Avex and Japanese stuff, US acts tours are handled by an outside company like Live Nation or a sponsor who have a contract/deal with the artist and not the record company. All of Ayu's tours are managed/handled inside Avex by Avex Live Creative. What I imagine is that Avex fiances the concert. Ayumi gets a nice percentage, Avex takes a percentage and a percentage is used to pay crew/dancers/etc. But this is all guess work, no one can know for sure unless they've seen Ayu's contract. Even elements from Ayu's staging and such have been reused in A-nation and other Avex acts like Koda Kumi's disco ball thing from the dome tour from the top of my head.

Last edited by ExodusUK; 8th December 2012 at 04:25 AM.
Old 8th December 2012, 04:29 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Give her a break!

All these years have been a constant bashing to her. She uses Shuya, complaints. She marries Mannie without making a poll on TA asking her fans to decide if she can or not, complaints She collaborates with Urata, complaints. She shows Timmy on her PVs, complaints. She is half naked on Party Queen cover, complaints because she's the ****ing Virgin Mary. She dates Maro and puts him in her covers, complaints.

Ayu needs to pee. Can she go to the toilet? Please vote:

Yes
No
LOL MTE!!!
i think for whatever she does, ppl will just complain.

pleaseee... at least 1st day sales good.
Old 8th December 2012, 05:38 AM
I am... Initiate

^But yesterday was the first day and I don't think the Japanese pple r so uninitiated to be confused about the release date despite it being a little odd. I think this is the true measure of her popularity now.. I predict 4-5k today.
Old 8th December 2012, 05:55 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

what a mess.

I hope someone on my twitter talks about her first week sales when they come out so I can know what they are lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 8th December 2012, 06:28 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I like it when she does well, but for the most part i really don't care how she sells, I like the songs and PV's on this album and that's good enough for me (though i really think it should be called a single.)

I agree these aren't great numbers by comparison to her other albums, but wouldn't vast majority of artists love to have her "awful" sales?

I just want her to keep releasing music, if every now and then there is something that I don't like fine I'll just wait for the next one, it's happened before, and that's fine with me. The only reason I really care about sales because I worry there won't be a next one. I have no idea how the music industry works so I never really know if I should worry about this. I just kinda hope she'll keep releasing music forever

Complete Ayu Concert DVD Thread

Old 8th December 2012, 06:46 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
And yes, people who refuse to buy work from an artist because of who they are dating need a life. Of all the things to boycott an artist over lol.
Im sorry but there's more to it, its not just a product. Product when in hands of people has its value. It means something to them or it represents their beliefs. You cant separate image and music. You cant look at the painting and close your eyes on some wrong details.

Image -the persona- represents the music. If -the persona- is doing something I feel its wrong/stupid/embarassing/bad I think its legit not to support the person, cause you dont think about background people and just music. You can simply download music for free or you can dislike -the persona- that much that you start to ignore it. She's a pop star, not a classical artist or some indie person we dont know face nor real name. And Im not even supportin' anybody's decision. I didnt even make a decision. Its more about music to me, but if she did something like rihanna did, basically supporting domestic violence Im sorry but I would never ever want to remember that I ever liked her. I would sell her cds and woudnt care anymore. And its not about 'oh I want to dictate Ayu's or anyone's life'. NO. Its just I have a right to decide whether I'll support somethin' or not, same as Ayu has or anyone else. So you should start respecting anyone's decision, like everyone else in the thread.
Old 8th December 2012, 07:06 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
^But yesterday was the first day and I don't think the Japanese pple r so uninitiated to be confused about the release date despite it being a little odd. I think this is the true measure of her popularity now.. I predict 4-5k today.
Well, even fans who follow Ayu weren't sure when it was finally going to pop up on shelves. I mean remember most of AHS a few days ago? People were wondering when it was going to leak (which it did eventually) since it was a bit later than we normally get downloads.
Old 8th December 2012, 08:51 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
I always loved Japan, japanese people and japanese culture and i still do. But really... enough with this Maro thing!! I don't give a ****** ABOUT IT! It's her life, she can do whatever she wants, all that should matter to us and those stupid TA members (the ones who get pissed of Ayu every time she tries to have a life of her own) is HER MUSIC. She's making great releases and yes, she deserves the best, but that's life. At the end we should like and listen music just because we enjoy it, not because it has sold millions or it has been number one or the artist doesn't have a *******ing life just because we don't have one and we own her.
totally agreed

For me, as long as her music is good, i'm satisfied.
Ayu has already redeemed herself with LOVE and again imo
Old 8th December 2012, 09:03 AM
And Then Initiate

honestly i hope this flops LOL its a dam single for crying out loud.. maybe avex will realize that they cant make akward releases
Old 8th December 2012, 10:00 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
If we try to understand each other, we'll have a better understanding of just how rotten this music industry is. Of course I want her to do good, but on the other hand I still have feelings taught to me by society - personal and professional lives should be completely separate. You don't see a CEO marrying an employee and then placing him on the board of directors. That's just bad business, as is this.
I totally agree with you. Although I'm not Japanese nor can I possibly speak for everyone, as a Taiwanese person with a decent sized amount of Asian connections, I'd say that I have a sound understanding of the Asian entertainment industry in general.

Although Ayu's relationship with Maro may be real (or it could really be a publicity stunt), to the general public it's just a cry for attention. As innovative as Ayu may be, the reality is that most people in Asia consider her as an icon from back in the day, and are generally not interested in her new works anymore. The fact that her marriage to Mannie coincided with Love songs, and she announced her relationship with Maro while again was about to be released just makes it seem like a cry for attention to the general public. I think what makes it worse is that the whole "single-in-disguise" is overloaded with Maro overtones, whether it be the positive covers or negative snowy kiss PV.

Speaking of which, consumers in general are not dumb either. I think that Ayu's sales for again would be an indication of how many die-hard fans would purchase a single release, rather than an indication of general album sales. I do believe that Ayu is definitely an artist who focuses on expression, but I think domestic fans are also fed up with her promotional antics. Without a clear indication for her path of releases up to her 15th anniversary, why would anyone other than die-hard fans want to buy these singles-in-disguise when they might have the chance to purchase all of the promotional main material (original mixes and videos) in a single set four months down the road?

I love that Ayu is still active in the music industry as an artist. I am slightly irritated that Maro is being pushed in my face with this release.

Last edited by Kogepan_19; 8th December 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:01 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_ZZZ View Post
honestly i hope this flops LOL its a dam single for crying out loud.. maybe avex will realize that they cant make akward releases
with fans like this, I really would prefer to have NO FANS. Haters have more respect to her than many of her fans.

Old 8th December 2012, 10:11 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

today she's at 2nd place with 12,764 copies sold... I was expecting a few more... but, well, is fine
Old 8th December 2012, 10:13 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Oo, a bit more. I wonder if the adjustment at the end of the week is going to be wildly high.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:13 AM
monochrome Initiate

today sales go up
#2 .12k
yatta~~

Old 8th December 2012, 10:25 AM
Lelio Protector

4th Day
Position: #2
Sales: 12,764
Total Sales: 21,851
Old 8th December 2012, 10:43 AM
Don't look back Initiate

YAY!!
how much was first??
Old 8th December 2012, 10:47 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

YAYYYY IT GOES UP !!!!!!!!!
Old 8th December 2012, 12:31 PM
YOU Initiate

Don't care about the sales,she' still the best singer with the level that no one in Japan music industries can reach her. I mean come on..15th years she's still can make my heartbeat run so faster everytime I heard her new song. For me LOVE and again mini album Is the best work she ever made in her career.
Closed Thread

Tags
『again』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon