a-nation stadium fes. Charge and Go! information thread - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th August 2012, 05:17 AM
GREEN Initiate

What your saying is wrong of course.
Just because someone is gay does not mean everything they do is gay.
That's what it comes down too. You are saying because Timmy is gay and he is working with Ayumi, that means everything she is doing is making this a gay era.
That's rather rude and a little intolerable and kinda insulting to all gay people.

And just because "Drag queens are part of the lgbt subculture even if they are accepted outside it. " doesnt mean anything. Being a drag queen has nothing to do with being gay. So saying that Timmy dressed in drag makes ayu's concert's gay is irreverent.
Old 27th August 2012, 05:32 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuWorld View Post

a-nation news report! omg Ayu looks choooooooooo kawai in that Yukata and first time seeing she pull her hair at the back like that
She looks so gorgeous!

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 27th August 2012, 05:42 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
What your saying is wrong of course.
Just because someone is gay does not mean everything they do is gay.
That's what it comes down too. You are saying because Timmy is gay and he is working with Ayumi, that means everything she is doing is making this a gay era.
That's rather rude and a little intolerable and kinda insulting to all gay people.

And just because "Drag queens are part of the lgbt subculture even if they are accepted outside it. " doesnt mean anything. Being a drag queen has nothing to do with being gay. So saying that Timmy dressed in drag makes ayu's concert's gay is irreverent.
Once more, with feeling:

It's not about Timmy, the person, being gay. It's about Timmy portraying a gay character on all the videos he appeared for PQ. It's not about drag queen performers being gay or straight, is about drag queen performances being part of the gay subculture, even when the performer is straight.

I can't be intolerant to gay people, as this would really hurt my chances of getting a boyfriend.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 27th August 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 27th August 2012, 05:59 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ there is of course no reason for you to be insulting, but I can understand you are because, well its you and because you have nothing better to back up intolerant statements.

everything you just said is what is intolerable.
It wouldnt matter if Timmy played in the PV or they took Brad Pitt to star as a gay character in the PV.
By saying what you said and the reason that you gave is what makes you intolerable.

And frankly, I can only assume the reason why you are still single is because your attitude sucks, not because your intolerable (most people can over look that )
Old 27th August 2012, 06:07 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ there is of course no reason for you to be insulting, but I can understand you are because, well its you and because you have nothing better to back up intolerant statements.

everything you just said is what is intolerable.
It wouldnt matter if Timmy played in the PV or they took Brad Pitt to star as a gay character in the PV.
By saying what you said and the reason that you gave is what makes you intolerable.

And frankly, I can only assume the reason why you are still single is because your attitude sucks, not because your intolerable (most people can over look that )
The reason I'm still single is not the matter of this thread... But right now I would say it's just because the boy I'm dating is not my boyfriend, yet. As a gay man, I can't hate on gay men, that would be stupid.

I could repeat my arguments... But as I said before (and took off, cuz I notice I was too rude), you are a little too slow, and tend to not get the obvious most of the time. A lot of aspects of this era is aesthetically based on the gay subculture, I won't enter in detail anymore, you could just google it. =)

Old 27th August 2012, 06:19 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I don't think you're understanding each other lol

I'm just going to say, that I think it's pretty obvious this this era of ayu's career has the most gay themes.

It IS relevant, the way Timmy is dressed in these PVs, that he's even there to begin with, and his strong presence on stage. It just is. Especially in a country like Japan.

It's not intolerant to say a gay man dressed in drag, is gay and is promoting things associated with gays. It's just the truth. Whether he's doing it indirectly, or directly.

Yeah, sure, it shouldn't mean anything. But this is the world we live in, and idk about you guys, but this era of ayu's music/videos whatever had pretty clear messages about being who you are, and idk, I believe being gay was a big representation of that.

ANYWAYS...I kinda like her outfits...I know I'm probably in the tiniest minority when I say that...I wish she'd get rid of the damn kimono and giant bow pairings...it was cute at first...but meh. I want a cuter, more fun design.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 27th August 2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 27th August 2012, 06:29 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The reason I'm still single is not the matter of this thread... But right now I would say it's just because the boy I'm dating is not my boyfriend, yet. As a gay man, I can't hate on gay men, that would be stupid.

I could repeat my arguments... But as I said before (and took off, cuz I notice I was too rude), you are a little too slow, and tend to not get the obvious most of the time. A lot of aspects of this era is aesthetically based on the gay subculture, I won't enter in detail anymore, you could just google it. =)
yet again you are rube and intolerable.
I of course could repeat myself just as much as you, but whats the point?

I somewhat agree with emi and she was able to say what Andrenekoi I can only assume is trying to say, but is too rude and intolerable to voice correctly.

But just because it has gay themes and she is trying to send out a positive message doesnt make the subject gay. I understand what Timmy is trying to do, but it doesn't make the subject gay.
Being gay is NOT what you are, but apart of WHO you are.
The way Andrenekoi voiced his opinion was rude and I was pointing that out.
Old 27th August 2012, 06:33 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Just to make myself clear... When I say this is her "gayest" era, I'm not putting it on a negative (neither positive) way, it's just a comentary about her aesthetical choices... On the same way Guilty was (IMO) her darkest era or Love songs her girlest era.

Old 27th August 2012, 06:47 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

plz kick Timmy away from the stage plz Orz
Old 27th August 2012, 07:04 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

I would agree with gay era, but I mean she is starting to be a Gay Icon (Make song to sports them, I mean really support them not just the song that support people and used in a gay parade and make a songs/videos that related to them) I think it's start from Sparkle ----> Sexy little things ----> Lady Dynamite ----> BRILLANTE ----> How Beautiful You Are.

But then again it's just my opinion.

Facebook | Last.fm | GetGlue | Twitter

Old 27th August 2012, 07:23 AM
fairyland Initiate

I adore this setlist really

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 27th August 2012, 08:01 AM
Dolls Initiate

I don't mind Timmy being gay or dressing like drag queen but I mind that he looked awesome in BRILLANTE PV and AT11 performance (even he's CDL outfit was still OK, though I didn't like his hair and make up) while this is just pure parody.

Combination of colours look bad imo, his hair and make up are too distracting and out of place, he's a background vocal, it's not his solo performace, he could have dressed unique without being so ripped out of the whole picture :V

I don't mind his vocal experiments though, once they may fail but there's always a chance something unique (in a good way) may come out of it, I like that he implements his (I guess it's his) ideas into the BRILLANTE performance.
Old 27th August 2012, 08:51 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
I don't think you're understanding each other lol

I'm just going to say, that I think it's pretty obvious this this era of ayu's career has the most gay themes.

It IS relevant, the way Timmy is dressed in these PVs, that he's even there to begin with, and his strong presence on stage. It just is. Especially in a country like Japan.

It's not intolerant to say a gay man dressed in drag, is gay and is promoting things associated with gays. It's just the truth. Whether he's doing it indirectly, or directly.

Yeah, sure, it shouldn't mean anything. But this is the world we live in, and idk about you guys, but this era of ayu's music/videos whatever had pretty clear messages about being who you are, and idk, I believe being gay was a big representation of that.
Totally agree with you!!
Old 27th August 2012, 08:53 AM
Sky high Protector

I don't like the outfit for Timmy. He looks as a bad man in a futuristic world. With that pratical cloak he looks as a neo-vampire. However, I think that BRILLANTE performance follow the pv where he plays a kind of adviser. Ayu is a princess that obtained the throne too early. So, she's relying on the malicious advisor who want to the power. For that story it's only my view.
With only the pics, you can understand that Ayu wanted to make a sf atmosphere for this performance as in the pv.
I can't understand people who say that he does more than his role. He only sang with Ayu during the BRILLANTE performance which it's totally normal as they do the same thing that we can see in the pv. After, he went back to the chorus line & wore a white outfit as the others.
Old 27th August 2012, 09:07 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
I don't like the outfit for Timmy. He looks as a bad man in a futuristic world. With that pratical cloak he looks as a neo-vampire. However, I think that BRILLANTE performance follow the pv where he plays a kind of adviser. Ayu is a princess that obtained the throne too early. So, she's relying on the malicious advisor who want to the power. For that story it's only my view.
With only the pics, you can understand that Ayu wanted to make a sf atmosphere for this performance as in the pv.
I can't understand people who say that he does more than his role. He only sang with Ayu during the BRILLANTE performance which it's totally normal as they do the same thing that we can see in the pv. After, he went back to the chorus line & wore a white outfit as the others.
I think people don't talk about THIS performance!
In fact it's pretty much logic that he sangs with Ayu on this song and his outfit is ok because as you said he and Ayu follow the PV and present the same atmosphere!

It's for the rest of the show. Tim is a back singer. Nothing more.
Old 27th August 2012, 09:21 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

So ayu's part is up on JPS. Only 1 year 6 months left to download. Lovely.
Old 27th August 2012, 10:15 AM
Dolls Initiate

I really like her red dress for Brillante.... but Timmy's purple clothes don't fit's good to it, I think. That's too much... to colourful, I think.
And the her boots don't really fits to the short's. As someone said.. summer-Style with winter-boots... no... that't not good. But I like the rest of here outfits.
Old 27th August 2012, 11:04 AM
Replace Initiate

I listened/watched the new TV rip and she sounded really horrible. Theme of a-nation 03 seemed like the best of all. both HANABIs just made my ears bleed like hell. BRILLANTE was too too bad. she was screaming all the time. I don't get such 'live performances', it seems
Old 27th August 2012, 11:12 AM
MY STORY Initiate

That setlist =

What a interesting way to start a concert with BRILLANTE imo. But I like the idea haha. I also think that this years outfits are better than last year's because there was so many moments when I thought of Kuu while watching her. This year's outfits just say it's Ayu and Ayu only.

Yet I'm very sad that Kuu didn't perform. Oh well, next year then~

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 27th August 2012, 11:29 AM
ourselves Initiate

so Ayu's part is up now,well i can stop downloading the whole show i guess,i cant anymore for her part xD
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a-nation 12, a-nation 2012, a-nation stadium fes.