[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2018, 09:40 AM
Depend on you Initiate

I think this might be the most disappointing release since I started following her back in 2003.

Sure, LOVE and again were proper trolling, but with this she topped herself.

The way I am is the only good bit in this and I can already see her trying to squeeze out the tears while performing it.

aeternal and W are very meh.
She has much better songs in her discography that do much better what these attempted.
Old 6th August 2018, 09:44 AM
Initiate

Ok I listened to it. I know most of you will not like what I will say but that's it. This is Ayumi Hamasaki we are talking about and for an artist like her, this album is a joke. There is nothing new here. 2 years for 3 new songs? I know that is something for most of you, but for me, this is a very bad joke. I'm disappointed because this is Ayu and she can do better. She has done these kind of songs for age now. I have the feeling that Ayu lives in the past and can't deliver something new now. I feel from now on, there will always be these kind of songs.

I always enjoyed We are the queens, I love the "game vibes" in it, it is fierce and entertaining. So I'm happy the song is here.

aeternal is so basic. And I find the vocal horrible, like Ayu is souting and sounds very tired. There is nothing new here, that's a shame. That is a song I already listened to 1000x. Dear God, how can't she be tired of this kind of song in her discography?
I will forget this song very quicly.

Words is the same kind of song that aeternal. No, aeternal is a pale copy of Words. Same melody or so. But Words is way better, the vocals are much softer, better, sweet. That's not my cup of tea because once again, there is nothing new but overall I appreciate the song in this mini album.

W is my favorite! Thanks God at least one rockish song!! I love it, it reminds me of 1love (which is one of my fav song of Ayu). I freacking love the intro!!! I wanted so much to have an album like this, which match the name "Trouble", something rockish, maybe a little more dark! I'm very happy to have this song to listen to.

The way I am is once again very classic, like Words and aeternal. I will forget it quickly too I think.

I listen to Ayu since 2004 and I always enjoyed her releases but maybe my tastes are changing but I can't find what I loved in Ayu's music before in her recent songs. There is one or two songs I like in each release, but it's been a long time since I enjoyed, loved a full album. Ayu can do better, she used to be surprising with various styles but not now.
Now it is the same classical pop/ballad songs.
There is no Trouble in this album, she must called it "Sweet" or "Memories" it would be better.
So I continue to follow her, maybe by habit but this time I can't defend her work. Aside from W, I'm really disappointed.
Old 6th August 2018, 09:48 AM
ourselves Initiate

I really like aeternal. It sounds like a few of her other songs in terms of arrangement and melody, but it has some personality that sets it apart. I guess you might call it a "well crafted" j-pop song overall and I don't think it's going to be the new "my all", but who knows. I'm not mad waiting two years for a song like this, she does them masterfully

Like the guitar solo i the way I am and again it's a nice song. Same goes for the rest, except I don't like W much.

We are the queens may not be a new song, but it's one of my favourite songs in "recent" times, so I'm glad it's getting a proper release. It's def. the standout track on this release.

I hope this albums breaks 20k.

As for the disappointing part, I think she's just being safe. Look at the difference in sales and I presume popularity between A one and colors... A one contains a much safer set of songs than colors, so does sixxx. I don't think it makes sense to expect anything wildly different from her these days. But I can understand that people are disappointed.

travel, art and food!

Last edited by *Petit*; 6th August 2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:18 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Hm. I'm not mad at the new songs at all. I actually love the way she sounds in them. I like the slight roughness in her vocals, gives more depth. Plus she sounds so natural, clear and comfortable.

Not a bad job, AYU. Well done!

I wish we had more.
100% agree. Better than over-produced vocals.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:19 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinu View Post
I think this might be the most disappointing release since I started following her back in 2003.

Sure, LOVE and again were proper trolling, but with this she topped herself.

The way I am is the only good bit in this and I can already see her trying to squeeze out the tears while performing it.

aeternal and W are very meh.
She has much better songs in her discography that do much better what these attempted.
Tbh, LOVE and again should be called TROLL and again or called BASIC and BITCH. I don't like like how she release the albums.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 6th August 2018 at 10:21 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:23 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeReSu View Post
I have the feeling that Ayu lives in the past and can't deliver something new now. I feel from now on, there will always be these kind of songs.
After she declared that running away to USA was a mistake, she made a lot of efforts to win her Japanese audience back including sticking to her classic Ayu sound, so I guess less experiments, more safer songs will continue being a thing for her.
Old 6th August 2018, 10:38 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
After reading the lyrics, for me it's pretty clear she's talking about her struggle with deafness and critics. The main cover (the one used on CM) is basically her touching the left ear. It's the trouble, the problem, the issue.
You would think after all this time people would learn that the title of her releases has little to nothing (in most cases) to do with the musical content, but mostly with the lyrical one.

I'm not going to listen to the "full album" until I get my physical copy. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
After she declared that running away to USA was a mistake, she made a lot of efforts to win her Japanese audience back including sticking to her classic Ayu sound, so I guess less experiments, more safer songs will continue being a thing for her.
She's understood that progess doesn't mean change. In one ViVi interview she said that she really likes white shirts, so these days instead of having the change be wearing different colours, she changes it up with different length of sleeves etc. I wouldn't be surprised if she views her music and her concerts the same way. She might record orchestral ballad No. 3471, but this time in an interesting time signature or with a heavier e-guitar. No change for the whole purpose of change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrtwb View Post
i’m trying to not listen/stream online. i want to be back at those old days where i wait for the album to arrive and put in the cd player!
My type of person.

^_-

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Last edited by Aga-chan; 6th August 2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:14 AM
TO BE Initiate

My favorite songs are W and WATQ. I like all the songs, but these two are my favorites.

Last edited by KittyKathy; 6th August 2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:42 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Trouble doesn't have to be angry/rock, that's just your interpretation of it
Old 6th August 2018, 11:55 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
You would think after all this time people would learn that the title of her releases has little to nothing (in most cases) to do with the musical content, but mostly with the lyrical one.

-
thats what I thought reading the comments on the title.
Old 6th August 2018, 11:56 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

As some people seens to only know this word from pokemon:

Quote:
"trou·ble
ˈtrəb(ə)l/Enviar
noun

difficulty or problems.
"I had trouble finding somewhere to park"
sinônimos: problems, difficulty, bother, inconvenience, worry, concern, anxiety, distress, stress, strife, agitation, harassment, hassle, unpleasantness Mais

public unrest or disorder.
"the cops are preparing for trouble by bringing in tear gas"
sinônimos: disturbance, disorder, unrest, unruliness, fighting, fracas, breach of the peace
"a game marred by serious crowd trouble"

verb
cause distress or anxiety to.
"he was not troubled by doubts"
sinônimos: worry, bother, concern, disturb, upset, agitate, distress, perturb, annoy, irritate, vex, irk, nag, niggle, prey on someone's mind, weigh down, burden; informalbug
"this matter had been troubling her for some time""
Them...

Quote:
No matter the attack, it can't hurt me
The fight, yes, is a message to you
I have a place to protect with those I love
For that reason I'll wield even a sword
Quote:
I can't say a clear goodbye and I couldn't say thank you
Somehow, somehow I couldn't make it in words
I dreamt of our summer days together and woke up crying
While becoming memories, we grow up as adults

Quote:
Though I haven't told you
That perfect room
I really hated it

I don't have a cozy place anywhere
In this controlled world
Where even breathing isn't allowed

Though I thought
"But if I laugh
Without making anyone sad anymore
Somehow it can be let go past"...

Alone I was hit by the rain
On that day when I escaped crying
Without completely knowing
What will be from here on even now
Quote:
My armor is ready. All that’s left to do
is to smile shyly — ready

I’m only letting you make me feel good, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow
It’s your own fault for taking things seriously, you know?
Uh- wow uh- wow
Quote:
If there’s possibly a bright future
amidst this detoriation, I want to see it with you
If such a wish will still be allowed
I want to keep walking a little longer, somehow,
through these times

Even so, as long as you say
you want to believe the future is bright
I will stay here, continuing to make dreams come true
And when you no longer need me, please,
don’t pity me

Throw me away without hesitation

Throw me away without hesitation
People are really complaining the music has nothing to do with the title? It's not Ayu's fault you guys had the Team Rocket speach in mind all over these weeks.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th August 2018, 12:21 PM
As if.. Initiate

After listening to the three new songs, and how someone pointed out that this release is more of a release for the tour dvd/bluray along with an album/three new songs. It makes me think that there might really be a full album coming with pv for the songs. Both aeternal and W just seem like there will be a pv for them.
Old 6th August 2018, 01:02 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Idk what kind of expectations ppl who hated the release had? Like we already got teasers and I already expected what they would sound, I got two gems off of this EP and those are W and the way I am. I'm ok with this.

Not really expecting something super stellar cause it seems Avex is more focused on promoting Namie (which btw isn't suprising cause it's a wrap for her) and Ayu seems like she wanted to spend the 20th anniversary through touring.

praying for your souls

Old 6th August 2018, 01:36 PM
UNITE! Initiate

She would have benefitted having the tours released separately, and then this mini included only with a deluxe edition (similar to ayu-mi-x 7's nonstop mix being included in the bundle).

These songs sound very generic. The way I am is definitely a standout track, and aeternal is cute, but not something I'd go back to. W reminds me of other J-Pop artists trying out rock-ish sounding songs, it almost sounds cheap?... I've heard much better rock from Ayu.

Regardless, watch this be another LOVE & again, and this will turn into a full album at some point.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 6th August 2018, 01:52 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Yeah it’s weird.

This entire release is very weird.

And ultimately I’m extremely underwhelmed.

Like, ok cool. 3 new songs. But like, I like having albums that really have some point of view or direction, or something to grasp on to.

Heck, even sixxxxxx had some sort of connection tying them all together. This release just feels so ... weird to me.

I don’t hate any songs, but I’m still not like feeling anything with this release. I waited two years for what, less than 15 min of new music.
Pretty much all of this, summed up my exact feelings towards this release :/ Hope there's more to this TROUBLE project than what we're seeing rn (as it has been theorized on this forum)

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 6th August 2018, 02:04 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I recall that in the Just the Beginning concert I attended in Fukuoka, when she performed WORDS, fans were so touched n it's like a highlight of that concert.
Old 6th August 2018, 02:23 PM
BEST Initiate

It's interesting that she hasn't had a title track since Party Queen - something that had previously been very rare in her discography has now become the norm.

In my head, I hear her talking about the title TROUBLE in her normal vague way of "Certainly you must all now understand why I called this album TROUBLE? TROUBLE has many meanings, doesn't it? It is something you can cause, or something you can be, something others can case for you, or something you can find yourself in. Maybe you need help, or maybe you need to be stopped."
Old 6th August 2018, 02:23 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

pretty disappointed with this release. not really fond of her voice for all of the songs. best track imo is WORDS.
Old 6th August 2018, 02:46 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
It's interesting that she hasn't had a title track since Party Queen - something that had previously been very rare in her discography has now become the norm.

In my head, I hear her talking about the title TROUBLE in her normal vague way of "Certainly you must all now understand why I called this album TROUBLE? TROUBLE has many meanings, doesn't it? It is something you can cause, or something you can be, something others can case for you, or something you can find yourself in. Maybe you need help, or maybe you need to be stopped."
Her albums changed a lot on the past years... Now they are shorter, interludes are gone, no title tracks....

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th August 2018, 02:48 PM
July 1st Initiate

having listened to what I believe to be the iTunes version with my good headphones, the motherf[REDACTED] [REDACTED] mastering really, really bothers me. like, in no way am I a professional, but the album sounds so ill-put together.

I didn't notice any change with We are the QUEENS (which I think was OK to begin with, mastering-wise), but æternal just sounds sooo jarringly different because it's so much louder—you can tell right away from the first verse. and then motherf[REDACTED] WORDS? that [REDACTED] still sounds as shitty as the version we got in 2017. I'm so disappointed because I really like these two songs (especially WORDS). thankfully I don't think I notice the same thing for W and The way I am.

ayu, babe, whomst the [REDACTED] is doing your mastering the last four-five years? fire that [REDACTED] and report their ass to the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity. I want to [REDACTED] that [REDACTED]'s [REDACTED] until [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] and [REDACTED].

---
EDIT: re-reading this ten minutes after I posted it, I'm no longer as angry, but the main argument stands.

Last edited by Deep snow; 6th August 2018 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
the way i am, trouble, w (trouble), we are the queens, words, æternal