[Utada Hikaru] The 50th Thread of Utada Hikaru - First Love -15th Anniversary Edition- released 2014 - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 23rd March 2014, 08:53 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
I love most of Exodus but I really can't stand most of This is the one...
Couldn't agree more!
Old 24th March 2014, 01:48 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Are there any songs of this woman that I don't like.......

Sorry.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 24th March 2014, 03:42 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

^I love that.

I think my main problem is that she seems like she learned slang on Urban Dictionary or something and just the overall themes she chose. In Japanese she's poetic and existential but in English her sole determination is to choose the worst euphemisms for sex.

Her lyrics are so powerful in Japanese but when she switches to English, let's take Mr. Lawrence for example, it's about doing it all night ("oooo oooo ahhh-ing"),hustlers, MP3 players and whatever the fuck a chingaling means.

I'll still always love her though.
de tu puño y letra
Old 24th March 2014, 04:14 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
^I love that.

I think my main problem is that she seems like she learned slang on Urban Dictionary or something and just the overall themes she chose. In Japanese she's poetic and existential but in English her sole determination is to choose the worst euphemisms for sex.

Her lyrics are so powerful in Japanese but when she switches to English, let's take Mr. Lawrence for example, it's about doing it all night ("oooo oooo ahhh-ing"),hustlers, MP3 players and whatever the fuck a chingaling means.

I'll still always love her though.
I agree with this totally
Old 24th March 2014, 09:34 PM
No way to say Initiate

Utada said herself that she sees herself as two different people, one English-speaking/American and one Japanese speaking. She thinks in both languages. I wouldn't want her to try and translate her Japanese sensibilities into English exactly because her Japanese music serves that purpose. I guess her English music is just another outlet for the other half of her head..
Old 25th March 2014, 12:20 AM
rainy day Initiate

Well most of Exodus I can imagine fitting in with her Japanese material if she were to do something so simple as change the language. The arrangments work very well within her Asian discography.
Old 25th March 2014, 05:13 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^But the lyrics don't.

And it's not only because they are more sexual ( : ), but they are more agressive, humorous, darker and they put rhythm, rhyme and overall sound over the content, what is something more common on the USA pop music tradition than it is on the Jpop.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th March 2014, 05:41 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I honestly think its partially also an appeal factor. There's A LARGE MAJORITY of Americans who would call the JPOP meaningful lyrics of Hikki or Ayu for quick examples as corny, cheesy, sappy etc. Seems the American market enjoys the type of fun, party, sexual lyrics you hear in much of the popular mainstream market. They also seem to enjoy the homosexual and female empowerment subjects among the lyrics as well. TBH, I personally enjoy both the meaningful stuff and the fun party naughty type of music.
Old 25th March 2014, 05:43 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^But the lyrics don't.

And it's not only because they are more sexual ( : ), but they are more agressive, humorous, darker and they put rhythm, rhyme and overall sound over the content, what is something more common on the USA pop music tradition than it is on the Jpop.
True but her lyrics in Japanese could be just as awkward and I wouldn't give a damn cause the reason I like Hikki and the first and foremost reason I like a lot of Japanese music and artists is the SOUND it produces. I can't comprehend what they say as they speak it so that is secondary to me. So for much of Exodus, that sound remains (the Hikki sound). Her lyrics on there are also not as terrible as This Is The One. Those are just god awful.
Old 25th March 2014, 06:06 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Her lyrics on there are also not as terrible as This Is The One. Those are just god awful.
I was going to defend hikki with her lyrics for tito and argue that it's a pretty good album til I realized it's my least listened to album next to First Love. so yeah... lol

Just a few days ago I listened to Tippy toe, LMGYML, and the bloodshy and avant remix of YMMWTBAM, but I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to something from Tito.
___
Awe man, I'm listening to the anniversary version of First Love, and I never realized how awesome Never Let Go is.

Last edited by orangeakira; 25th March 2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 26th March 2014, 03:56 AM
Secret Initiate

B&C is life and if people disagree then you can delete your account off AHS bye

Last edited by NintendoHTF1242; 26th March 2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 26th March 2014, 04:15 AM
æternal Initiate

^B&C is probably my most listened track on first love when i first heard the album! Next to First Love and Movin' on without you.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 26th March 2014, 09:24 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I think I like all the album tracks on First Love (B&C and time will tell don't count cuz they're the B/A-side in the first two singles). All the tracks flow well together . (I think I've mentioned this before in the previous First Love discussion(s) lol).
Old 26th March 2014, 03:25 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
B&C is life and if people disagree then you can delete your account of AHS bye
preach it, brother.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 18th May 2014, 11:45 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Rise Utada, rise!

I've come to the conclusion that Heart Station is her most cohesive album and has a very interesting theme going for it. It's like one of the few old jpop albums that I'll be willing to spend full price on (already own the canadian press however).
Old 19th May 2014, 04:14 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveGeniuses View Post
I honestly think its partially also an appeal factor. There's A LARGE MAJORITY of Americans who would call the JPOP meaningful lyrics of Hikki or Ayu for quick examples as corny, cheesy, sappy etc. Seems the American market enjoys the type of fun, party, sexual lyrics you hear in much of the popular mainstream market. They also seem to enjoy the homosexual and female empowerment subjects among the lyrics as well. TBH, I personally enjoy both the meaningful stuff and the fun party naughty type of music.
It's just the tastes of both mainstream markets and the fact that people seem to want to relate to different things. Japan has always preferred sappy love songs, and americans have preferred, anything else tbh lol

My only problem with hikki's english lyrics is that they're very awkward. It never seemed to me like she didn't completely comprehend what she's saying, only that, she's saying things that...no one really wants to hear about, or things that just make her weird instead of relateable. I mean, I like it, because I like her, but. She's far from anything "mainstream" American, even with her basic TITO sound.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 19th May 2014, 04:29 PM
Initiate

i agree with all those comments on her weird english lyrics, it sounds like she's trying a lil too hard and sounds very forced, especially with those blackberry/mp3/jpeg references... sometimes i just try to filter out the meanings and listen to the voice as an instrument lol
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:33 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Utada holds her wedding ceremony in Italy:
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/201...emony-in-italy
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:52 PM
Secret Initiate

I'm sorry, but with all the bodyguards and protection, that just sounds really annoying...

And the first picture of her when you first load up the news is really unflattering.
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:56 PM
Dolls Initiate

congrats!!

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru