Your Ayu origin story - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 2nd August 2022, 07:10 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Just gave you the secret handshake back, hope no one saw

Yay for fellow Dutchies! I know we exist - my first fellow Ayu fan was my friend in secondary school (he was also active here but I can't recall his username, I should look for it). We lost touch over time, I'm not sure if he still listens to Ayu. Then when I started art academy I had a classmate who was also into Jpop, rhat was an awesome surprise. We went after school to scour the Chinese gift shops around town for Asian pop releases. I occasionally found some Jpop, but it was mostly Cpop. I did find an Ayu poster or two though (not official but awesome nonetheless). She was not into Ayu much by the way, she was a.big Ayu fan. We lent each other some CDs, then we both quit school and lost touch (pre-social media and pre-smart phones), through which she ended up with my copy of Kelly Chen's A Movie (I replaced it recently) and I with her copy of Ayu's WHATEVER.

Beyond these two peeps I have not met anyone who knows Ayu in real life, unfortunately!

Haha, your skill is the bomb, totally impressive!

Shame your friendship ended on a bitter note but glad it didn't affect your fandom.

Also, this post reminds me I should start blasting Ayu in the car more. Kind of loving the idea of playing Beautiful Fighters at mad volume while cruising!

@LOONAppears: super awesome that you came to the fandom so recently. I don't think it changes a thing for anyone here, if anything it is just awesome to see the affirmation that Ayu's still got it! (I mean, us old farts don't really count, huh )

@bulmasfan: such a great read! (And thanks for the Ringo credit, haha!)

Last edited by sxesven; 2nd August 2022 at 07:14 PM.
Old 4th August 2022, 04:08 PM
too late Initiate

My Dokan CD still works!
It includes the following songs in MP3 format:

A Song for ××
Endless sorrow
LOVE ~Destiny~
M
SEASONS
SURREAL
teddy bear
Trauma
Trust
WHATEVER

For some reason, where it says "teddy bear", it is not ayu's teddy bear. In fact, it happens to be Ghostbusters' theme, and I don't know why...

And also some videos:

AUDIENCE (Live @ Music Station 20-10-2000)
Boys & Girls (MV)
evolution (MV)
Fly high (MV)
NEVER EVER (Live - I don't know the name of the program)

It was my first source for Ayu stuff. Then my best friend was eMule, just like some of you (I feel old!). Also, some years ago my ex-boyfriend (he's an Ayu-fan as well; in fact he's registered in this forum) helped me getting some songs.
Old 4th August 2022, 05:35 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Ah, damn, that is really cool!

I though they were just audio CDs (like how many rock magazines in the late 90s/early 00s came with samplers), but this is more like a data disc? Mega awesome though, especially considering that back then a lot of that stuff was not so easy to find (especially video). Well, and then eMule and such of course
Old 4th August 2022, 09:15 PM
too late Initiate

Yep, it is a data disc, not an audio CD; forgot to tell that
And there is much more apart from Ayu stuff.
Ah, that time when CDs were up to 650MB and the minimum required for it to work was Windows 95