Where did Ayu's performing style change? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 31st August 2008, 02:44 PM
count down Initiate

Disappointing as in? Her repeating style of performing songs? Well, I am pleased with everything that she does, because somehow all of her decisions on how to perform has always turned out to be pleasing and pleasant.
Old 31st August 2008, 02:52 PM
I am... Initiate

Some songs she repeats like Because of You in At03-04 and CDL04-05 didn't bother me one bit although they're almost the same, just with different costumes. But watching the performances for 1 LOVE vs. NEVER EVER and part of me vs. moments just niggled at me somewhat even though they are not the same song, just similar performing style. Very odd. I'll try to take AT08 as objectively as possible.

And yes for heaven's sake i hope they release it late this year or at least early next year. What happened to the good old days of AT05 and 06 where it was released before the CDL? Yes i know the asia tour stretches to nov but it's still ultimately a tour of Japan. Hellooo... And bring back the compiled MC sections. Honestly, those avex guys should read fan threads.
Old 31st August 2008, 06:02 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

waterballoon: Oh.. I never knew about that. O: It was the first time I saw Ayu using that movable thingy.

alternarist: That's true. /: Still, we enjoy her concerts, don't we?
Old 31st August 2008, 06:30 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
I feel that for earlier concerts like ST02, A museum and AT06, she is looking and connecting with the audience more. Like her teddy bear-memorial address performance in AT03-04. There's a whole lot more audience interaction than in AT07.

AT07 was a very big difference for me. The stage was fantastic and all but it felt more like a theatre production than a star to fans concert. Somehow, i feel ayu is not making as much eye contact as before lol... Perhaps she feels the need to wow more and more? Instead of getting inspiration in what to do for each song, she's thinking more along the lines of what would wow us.
I agree and unfortunately I prefer the older concerts more. It was around AT04 that I felt it started to become more about the sets and costumes and acting than it did about building a strong connection with the audience. Don't get me wrong, I still love her concerts but in many ways I do prefer the older ones.
Old 31st August 2008, 08:40 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think that 2009/2010 will be the years that Ayu tries to revamp her entire concert repetoire..

Like, AT05 was a sort of "rebirth" of her concerts, with all new concepts and stunning effects and etc... [a rebirth that trickled down into all ATs after..]

Perhaps after AT09, she'll start to use newer ideas?
Old 31st August 2008, 08:45 PM
count down Initiate

That is if she could find new ideas... I can't imagine what her next era of concerts would be like!

But, I kind of disagree with Sunshineslayer/Solarangel on what they're saying... I mean, look at SURREAL in AT 07, I think it's really Ayu and Audience moment, like she and the chorus and the guitars go all the way, to the nearest possible place on the stage to the audience, to perform a song.

Honestly, if you ask me, that SURREAL was a 'waste of time', cos it's just specially coming out to sing one song. But to Ayu, it could mean that she wants to have an item that she can interact with the audience. And that item is SURREAL. Or even with CDL 07-08, when she was at the raising platform (just like in ST 02), performing SURREAL (why is it always the same song...).

The general concept of her recent concerts could be something more like grandeur, so it feels distant from the audience. But I believe that Ayu has realized that, which was why SURREAL was performed in that manner in AT 07/CDL 07-08.
Old 31st August 2008, 09:05 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
But I believe that Ayu has realized that, which was why SURREAL was performed in that manner in AT 07/CDL 07-08.
Yeah, that's true. Like, the AT07 thing.. she originally was supposed to have more time to put on the tail and stuff.. and stay out after..

Does anyone have any idea what she did then, btw? Like, she came out for SURREAL and dropped backstage for a minute and put the hat and poofs on?
Old 1st September 2008, 01:44 PM
count down Initiate

I suppose so? Especially since there was some photo/video where she cried backstage while fitting the crown and feathers on cos a lot of people were asking her for directions. If there wasn't some irritating documentary between SURREAL and AUDIENCE/Boys & Girls, we could have seen the 'flow' between the two items a little clearer. But from what I can see, it seems that she goes backstage, and then the band starts playing some tune before AUDIENCE starts.
Old 1st September 2008, 01:55 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah, that's true. Like, the AT07 thing.. she originally was supposed to have more time to put on the tail and stuff.. and stay out after..

Does anyone have any idea what she did then, btw? Like, she came out for SURREAL and dropped backstage for a minute and put the hat and poofs on?
yeah.. thats what she did.. she didnt go into any special rooms backstage to put on the feathers. she descended, and then put on the feathers right there, and ascended again. I saw white feathers moving from the place i sat in HK last yr which was quite high.

And i remembered someone mentioning that AT05 and AT06 are concerts full of wow factors, fantastic visual effects, and then AT07 and AT08 are jus recycling of these old good ideas. I have to agree to a certain extent.

AT08, my name's WOMEN was from AT05. only difference in costume and musical arrangement.

AT08, is this LOVE? was from AT06. duno whats the difference, but probably not much.

AT08, End Roll also has the "tissue dance" which ayu insisted on having it in CDL0708.

AT07, part of Me had the same hand held fans and visual effects as Moments in AT05.

AT08, SURREAL~evolution~SURREAL, was performed in the exact same format as AT03~04.

To be honest, i am a bit bored by repetitive stuff but i still can accept it.. I hope ayu flipped thru the old books is to impress us with her old antics and not because she has nothing to show.. Hmm..

Do i sound like i am complaining? I am not!

Tags
ayu, change, live, performing, style