ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [III] - Page 21 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2009, 01:29 AM
count down Initiate

^ Thank you!!! OMG, I would love a full review soon~ hehe

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 9th June 2009, 01:49 AM
forgiveness Initiate

ugh when is this being released again? taking forever.
Old 9th June 2009, 02:01 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakaSama View Post
Really quickly, because I'll make a full report later - After going to the Hokkaido show on Saturday, I have to say this in one of her most impressive concerts yet.

She sang everything live, at least at my show, (which was easy to know because she kept making mistakes with lyrics/dropping syllables - she actually forgot an entire line of everywhere nowhere). One thing to note about Energize was that it was quieter than the other songs because she was using her "cute" voice (rather well actually), but I know it was live because she was out of breath by the end. Despite the minor mistakes, her voice was awesome for most of the concert, with the one really clear exception being My All. I was extremely impressed that she didn't scream Boys & Girls like she usually does.

Actually, I was so impressed with the stage and her performance that I'm trying to find a way to see one of the last Tokyo concerts in October! While Ayu may be hit or miss vocally within a song, overall, her singing is better than I've seen on the past few DVD releases (again, based on my show)
wow thanks very much! I'm looking forward to your report =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
So now that Ayu sucks at singing...we can all make the excuse that, because she's Ayu and her epic factor is high...her live vocals no longer matter

I bet Ayu could release a pile of dog crap as an album and people would still say it sounded totally awesome.
I agree with waterballon that vocals are really subjective. Right from the start I know ayu is not one of those great live singers...but I enjoy watching her perform coz of the emotions she put into singing the songs...even if her singing was considered bad. Her singing technique might be questionable but I like her voice...the strong vocals she developed.

nope I wouldn't...if the song is bad, the song is bad...even if its ayu...my fav artist...I would still refuse to listen to it.

Last edited by Ayumiko; 9th June 2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 9th June 2009, 02:10 AM
Lelio Protector

Thank you very much TakaSama!!
I'm glad to hear you liked the show both vocally and visually and that EnergizE wasn't lip-synced.

Can't wait for your full review!
Old 9th June 2009, 02:38 AM
sending mail Initiate

Quote:
Really quickly, because I'll make a full report later - After going to the Hokkaido show on Saturday, I have to say this in one of her most impressive concerts yet.

She sang everything live, at least at my show, (which was easy to know because she kept making mistakes with lyrics/dropping syllables - she actually forgot an entire line of everywhere nowhere). One thing to note about Energize was that it was quieter than the other songs because she was using her "cute" voice (rather well actually), but I know it was live because she was out of breath by the end. Despite the minor mistakes, her voice was awesome for most of the concert, with the one really clear exception being My All. I was extremely impressed that she didn't scream Boys & Girls like she usually does.

Actually, I was so impressed with the stage and her performance that I'm trying to find a way to see one of the last Tokyo concerts in October! While Ayu may be hit or miss vocally within a song, overall, her singing is better than I've seen on the past few DVD releases (again, based on my show)
Wow, it sounds great! Can't wait for your review.

Old 9th June 2009, 02:51 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Thanks for your small review TakaSama!!! I can't wait to see your full review =D

I personally HATE that we're having this lip-synching discussion again. It seems like with every video released (whether it's 4secs or 2min), somebody thinks she's lip-synching, and here we are, having another 2+ page discussion about the topic =/ Yes, she lip-syncs, we all know that, and we've all seen her do it before, so it's nothing new. It's her choice to lip-sync; if she wants to, let her do it. She sings live A LOT of the time, and that's the most important thing.

I'm very excited about seeing her in Tokyo in 11 days, though! I know I won't be paying attention to whether she sings live or not. I'll just be excited about being at another Ayu concert =D

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 9th June 2009, 03:33 AM
JEWEL Initiate

@ TakaSama, Thanks for the report! I might just skim it because I still want to wait for the DVD to see how amazing it is. But I'm glad to hear she sang live

Even though I don't really care if she lip syncs, I respect her for singing live majority of the time even though she's not a great live singer.
Old 9th June 2009, 03:33 AM
teens Initiate

@ Takasama : Can't wait to see the full review, I like the short preview you wrote, hehe. ^^
Old 9th June 2009, 03:53 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
I personally HATE that we're having this lip-synching discussion again. It seems like with every video released (whether it's 4secs or 2min), somebody thinks she's lip-synching, and here we are, having another 2+ page discussion about the topic =/ Yes, she lip-syncs, we all know that, and we've all seen her do it before, so it's nothing new. It's her choice to lip-sync; if she wants to, let her do it. She sings live A LOT of the time, and that's the most important thing.
that does remind me. ayu (aside from whoring up remixes) also is whoring up the stage. how many concerts has she done so far? (cdl + ayu concerts)
Old 9th June 2009, 04:05 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
ugh when is this being released again? taking forever.
The tour isn't even over yet. XD We'll probably get the TV version in like November or December and the DVD in January. I think that's how it was for AT08.

Quote:
that does remind me. ayu (aside from whoring up remixes) also is whoring up the stage. how many concerts has she done so far? (cdl + ayu concerts)
She's done well over 10, I believe. I love that she does a lot of concerts though. I wish Utada would take a lesson from her. xD

p.s.
I just realized that I quoted two of your posts. Didn't realize it was the same user when I did it.
Old 9th June 2009, 04:17 AM
UNITE! Initiate

^ We might not even get a TV version of this years concert. There wasn't one for AT05-AT07. I think the only reason they did one was because the DVD version was being taped in Taipei, and they wanted to show one of her Japanese shows... maybe. *shrugs*

Quote:
lol Ayu's a workaholic. She's done 12 nation-wide concerts (AT09 is her 13th one), a few mini-concerts, 9 CDLs, 6 full a-nations, 1 one-city a-nation (2008 - Tokyo-only)... I think that's all. lol

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 9th June 2009, 04:33 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

i'd really like another stadium tour....

watching the 2002 stadium tour is so much fun (even though her voice during that time wasn't very good......live.) i would have liked to gone to it haha!

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 9th June 2009, 04:48 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
i agree. Well, ever since PCDL, we can confirm that ayu lip syncs sometime in her 11 years of singing. we cant deny that i guess. So I don't think discussion is necessary because it is much or less proven that ayu lip syncs!!

But i guess, ayu will not lip sync unless it is absolutely necessary. i may be wrong. i duno. it's just a guess.

And back to the topic of AT2009, i am happy that ayu sang live (based on what Takasama said). it's a pretty long concert and ayu had to do it at least 30 times of the same thing. It's gonna be tiring. but ayu puts in her best effort in everything she does. so i am happy.
Old 9th June 2009, 05:24 AM
Don't look back Initiate

^yea wad u said just summed it up for EVERYONE.

cant wait to read ur review!!!
Old 9th June 2009, 07:32 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Why didnīt post the entire review instead a short one?

Whatīs the point in let us in suspense? xD
Old 9th June 2009, 07:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Thank you, TakaSama.

The DVD for this will probably be out in January or February 2010 judging by the October finale date. As for a TV version, there is only a month or so between the two legs of the tour [with the month inbetween being a-nation] but.. we could still get SOMETHING. Like a digest of clips in some sort of release.. maybe..?

I always find it hilarious how when Ayu sings terribly, people are all up in arms over it and then when she sings rather well, people accuse her of using a vocal track. I don't think people are being fair, to be honest.. haha.

Quote:
Why didnīt post the entire review instead a short one?

Whatīs the point in let us in suspense? xD
Probably gonna take a while to type out like 4 pages of review. I recall some reviews were really long after a short little blurb about how good the show was, haha. So don't get your panties in a bunch.

Quote:
I bet Ayu could release a pile of dog crap as an album and people would still say it sounded totally awesome.
Depends on the person listening. I mean a lot of people don't exactly like Bjork and loads of people love her. -isn't a Bjork fan really- Haha.

Last edited by truehappiness; 9th June 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 9th June 2009, 07:58 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

At last, something positive Thanks! And looking forward to the full report!

Anyways I like Ayu's voice and I don't think it sucks.

@ Emiko - pile of dog crap you say? Well check out the Hikki thread, that girl has already released a pile of dog crap and some people are feeding on it like crazy. Why couldn't we? (don't get this the serious way and don't call the Utada-trolls)

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th June 2009, 08:59 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Thanks for the report! I'm waiting for a full review!

"No dar en el blanco, sino volverse uno con el blanco"
Old 9th June 2009, 09:05 AM
TO BE Initiate

njanjayrp@ you're my hero! haha

Anyways, omgosh! I'm loving NL tour so far. So lovely. and thanks TaKasama! ^^ Glad to hear some positives in this thread.
Old 9th June 2009, 01:09 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
@ Emiko - pile of dog crap you say? Well check out the Hikki thread, that girl has already released a pile of dog crap and some people are feeding on it like crazy. Why couldn't we? (don't get this the serious way and don't call the Utada-trolls)

Where there is someone who hates something, there's someone who loves it. Likewise, Ayu (or anyone) could release a "masterpiece" and there are still people who will trash it. It's totally based on opinion. And popular opinion usually determines whether something's good or not. I say, if you enjoy it, you enjoy it. If you don't, you don't. The problem is people have a hard time accepting other people's opinions and other people don't make it easy by bashing/praising everything.
Closed Thread

Tags
avex trax, ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour