You were... / BALLAD information and covers [VIII] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th December 2009, 05:01 AM
too late Initiate

Location: Mirrorcle town searching for my last angel (Mexico)
I don't think it's that amazing

In my humble opinion the video does not match the beauty of the song... the average plot vid tbh...

I guess i though it would be something waaaaay more epic, like a big period chinese movie (please don't kill me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Maybe he has occasional feelings.

Ayu stans are Fugging scary.

Last edited by Lady_Eowyn; 11th December 2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 05:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Takahide Ishii is the likely producer behind this, as he loves using CGI... haha.

I still think that she's some sort of "God" in the pink dress, and Shu-ya's life was ended as that flower fell apart.
Old 11th December 2009, 05:21 AM
Over Initiate

IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. So, so beautiful. Words cannot describe. Wait, let me watch it again. And again. AGAAAAIN.

Did I say it was beautiful?

I am just so speechless watching this PV. It's so heart-wrenching. Shuya is not only in the PV, it seems like it's more focused on him 8D Neither he nor Ayu exaggerated in their acting for this PV, so we can safely say all those exaggerations were really just stage stuff. I love his new hair colour, but the style, not really.

I love the many symbolisms in this PV, the letters, the clocks, the cat-mailman. I wonder if the cat-mailman has anything to do with the black cats on the street?

At first I was confused, but then I realised that there were two mailboxes, one in the middle of the field, one in front of Shuya's house. I wonder what made Shuya ran after the mailman though, is it because Ayu's replies to him didn't match with what he had said to her? When realised what happened, gaaaah. Heartbreaking. What does it mean, when the mailman turns out to be him?

I realised that the letters that Shuya received corresponds with the last line of the chorus, the first letter said "Please don't go" - the last line of the first chorus was "ikanaide". Same with the second letter, "please stay with me" - last line of the second chorus was "soba ni ite". The third letter, shown at the hospital table (I think), "Sorry", last line of last chorus "yurushite". At first I was wondering why the letters were in English, this is probably why.

Oh Ayu. Oh Shuya. <3

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Last edited by majrakun; 11th December 2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 05:55 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Eowyn View Post
I don't think it's that amazing

In my humble opinion the video does not match the beauty of the song... the average plot vid tbh...

I guess i though it would be something waaaaay more epic, like a big period chinese movie (please don't kill me )
Well its tie-in is a Chinese drama so maybe you could watch that and imagine it's one big PV Ayu's singing for?

ALL IN FAVOR OF AYU HAVING EDITORIAL AND DIRECTIONAL SAY IN ALL OF HER PVS FROM NOW ON SAY, "AYE!"
Old 11th December 2009, 05:58 AM
Dolls Initiate

Its been awhile since the last time I totally loved a release from ayu. The covers, songs, and pvs are all really great. I'm very very happy. I love the symbolism in the BALLAD pv. This kind of pv is what I've been really missing from ayu. The fact that she took part of this pv made me feel relieved that she hasn't lost her touch. Surprisingly Shuya didn't make me not like the pv...maybe his new hair color helped...lol. The acting was not exaggerated...thank god! Ayu looks really pretty in the pv too. I'm really looking forward to the making ofs for both the pvs.
Old 11th December 2009, 06:00 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Well its tie-in is a Chinese drama so maybe you could watch that and imagine it's one big PV Ayu's singing for?

ALL IN FAVOR OF AYU HAVING EDITORIAL AND DIRECTIONAL SAY IN ALL OF HER PVS FROM NOW ON SAY, "AYE!"
She always does o.O
Ayu is a control freak... even if she let the director take decisions, in the end the is the one that need to aprove them...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th December 2009, 06:03 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
She always does o.O
Ayu is a control freak... even if she let the director take decisions, in the end the is the one that need to aprove them...
Not since those evil friends of hers convinced her to let them handle things and not to take on the burden on her own! Then Kazu came in and all hell broke loose xD; Ayu taking back control of her PVs is the best thing that's happened in a long time.
Old 11th December 2009, 06:12 AM
still alone Initiate

the PV is pure GENIUS!!!
Ayu's so gorgeous!!
the plot is beautiful!!
i actually didn't mind Shu-ya at all!
the symbolism is perfect!
so much was put into this!

this pv and song are going in my top favorites

About the Ayu in the heaven, i think that's supposed to be the way Shu-ya remembers her. He's all alone, only thinking of her and that's the form of her in his memories.
And i think the flower she was holding that scattered away represents the letters she wrote that were scattered over the desk and floor in the room.
The part where Shu-ya realizes the mailman is him, that's like the moment in a dream when you realize something's not right and it's only a dream.

♫set by ownsarai♫
☆We are One, A World is One☆
♥ayu i love you with MY ALL♥

Last edited by yuki_unmei; 11th December 2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 06:21 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I find it hilarious that before the PV came out, even before the preview, many were 100% sure they were going to hate it and the BALLAD PV was so great, it's even generating some Shuya love
Old 11th December 2009, 06:40 AM
Liar Initiate

Just a question - do we know who shot the covers for this single?

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 11th December 2009, 06:42 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Not since those evil friends of hers convinced her to let them handle things and not to take on the burden on her own! Then Kazu came in and all hell broke loose xD; Ayu taking back control of her PVs is the best thing that's happened in a long time.
Nops...
The problem is that everytime people around here like anything she releases, they are like "omg! she is amazing! i wanna lick her ass so bad!", and everytime she does anything people around here dislike it's like "poor Ayu... keep trusting on this evil Shuiya/Peco/Max/Avex/Kazu/Jesus/Maron"

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th December 2009, 06:42 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We have no idea yet.

I'll be really happy if it isn't K.S. though since it doesn't appear to be like his past works...
Old 11th December 2009, 07:06 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Nops...
The problem is that everytime people around here like anything she releases, they are like "omg! she is amazing! i wanna lick her ass so bad!", and everytime she does anything people around here dislike it's like "poor Ayu... keep trusting on this evil Shuiya/Peco/Max/Avex/Kazu/Jesus/Maron"
GO TO BED!

But didn't they point out that she had more input on this PV and made sure everything was how she wanted it instead of just approving everything? And in my opinion, since Kazu got a hold of directing, the PVs he shot for Ayu were not as great as they could have been. She's been relying on everyone else like they asked but this time it seems she pulled in the reins a bit.

Believe me, I know it's 50% her fault when things go bad. But since she put more effort into this PV and it turned out great, I'd like to see her put in more effort next time. T'is all

Last edited by jbrat2219; 11th December 2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11th December 2009, 07:21 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

The BALLAD PV is really pretty, the only scene I have a problem with is the one when they fall off the bike as it looks silly somehow. The rest is really nice and dreamy, especially the scene with all the clocks

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th December 2009, 07:25 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I love the PV but I still dislike the song. lol
why not a gorgeous PV like this for "You were..."?

IG | YT | PR

Old 11th December 2009, 07:27 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ It was opposite day when the PVs were filmed
Old 11th December 2009, 07:41 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^ I can notice that It's kind of weird to see how Shuya died just because of cartoons imo, that was the only bad thing about this PV.

IG | YT | PR

Old 11th December 2009, 08:01 AM
from your letter Initiate

I hope to see a HQ version but looks good!
Old 11th December 2009, 08:05 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Woow this blows all the GUILTY and NEXT LEVEL pvs out the water She looked amazing and the pv was filmed beautifully, the director did an amazing job but I was expecting nothing less...his work is great. Could of done without shu-ya but he was at least tolerable in this. Oh and those damn cats.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:29 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

wow Ayu must have finally realized that over-exaggerated facial expressions make her look like an idiot, 'cause actually doesn't look overdramatic here ^-^ I love the clocks, the fact that Shuya finally got rid of that white stripe of hair, Ayu outfits and the story. Great PV (pity I don't really like the song ;_; )
Closed Thread

Tags
ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, you were.../ballad