14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [V] - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2013, 04:48 AM
TO BE Initiate

I don't think the previews are a really good indication of what the songs will ultimately be.
I mean, Tell me why was my favourite preview for Party Queen, but when I actually heard the entire song I was pretty disappointed as it was so repetitive.

I hope this is true, as everybody but me seems to be feeling SAKURA and Bye Bye Darling. XD I don't think I can judge either yet. Gloria, and petal have really grabbed me, but, this may definitely change...chrouses may be the heart of a song, but they're not the soul!
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:54 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
...chrouses may be the heart of a song, but they're not the soul!...
I love when you put it that way <3 <3 <3
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:00 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Honestly I'm turning a blind eye to every negative response to any of the new song samples.

Because they're all stunning.
For once I agree! I can see if they don't LOVE all of them, but these tracks are FAR from terrible, I am so pleased with these previews.
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:23 AM
from your letter Initiate

I really like the whole sound of the album. It's pretty cohesive in terms of the whole theme. The title, the colors, the covers, even the mini albums (or maxi singles) all fit, as if she's running a thematic brand campaign of being in love (happy / sad about it).

In my view, I don't think LOVE again is that similar to Love Songs. IMO, Love Songs is somewhat more experimental than I expected it to be. I just have a feeling that Love Songs is some kind of her satire and quirky view of love. With songs like sending mail, last angel, like a doll, Do it again, even Love song, it didn't feel if she's in love, music-wise. I'd expect her to sing ballads like Hikki's "First Love" throughout the album, but that was the beauty of Love Songs. It was cohesive in it's unexpected and quirky way. Heck, she didn't even look like she's in love on the cover.

From the preview, LOVE again on the other hand is giving us that mushy feeling of being in love / that mad brokenhearted feeling. The album songs may sound generic but they are indeed rich and matched the overall theme. I even got some warm feelings from SAKURA. I'd say all the songs are "in its place". I'm so happy we didn't get a cherry-poppin' song like Thank U or Honey near the end but end up with Gloria instead. Does the songs sound similar like her old songs? Maybe, but I think it's good for her to be consistent once in a while. I'd wish she kicked You & Me and replace it with Key ~ 15th anniversary version ~ instead or Who...

I'd say this album reflects a mature and classy side of Ayu and I'm proud of her. Hopefully the next album / single would be an experimental one. Sorry for the long post, I just had a presentation and wanted to spend rest of my day browsing hehehehe.
Old 22nd January 2013, 09:56 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H] View Post
I really like the whole sound of the album. It's pretty cohesive in terms of the whole theme. The title, the colors, the covers, even the mini albums (or maxi singles) all fit, as if she's running a thematic brand campaign of being in love (happy / sad about it).

In my view, I don't think LOVE again is that similar to Love Songs. IMO, Love Songs is somewhat more experimental than I expected it to be. I just have a feeling that Love Songs is some kind of her satire and quirky view of love. With songs like sending mail, last angel, like a doll, Do it again, even Love song, it didn't feel if she's in love, music-wise. I'd expect her to sing ballads like Hikki's "First Love" throughout the album, but that was the beauty of Love Songs. It was cohesive in it's unexpected and quirky way. Heck, she didn't even look like she's in love on the cover.

From the preview, LOVE again on the other hand is giving us that mushy feeling of being in love / that mad brokenhearted feeling. The album songs may sound generic but they are indeed rich and matched the overall theme. I even got some warm feelings from SAKURA. I'd say all the songs are "in its place". I'm so happy we didn't get a cherry-poppin' song like Thank U or Honey near the end but end up with Gloria instead. Does the songs sound similar like her old songs? Maybe, but I think it's good for her to be consistent once in a while. I'd wish she kicked You & Me and replace it with Key ~ 15th anniversary version ~ instead or Who...

I'd say this album reflects a mature and classy side of Ayu and I'm proud of her. Hopefully the next album / single would be an experimental one. Sorry for the long post, I just had a presentation and wanted to spend rest of my day browsing hehehehe.
Thanks for that, I don't think Love songs sounded anything like these previews ! I quite like them, the songs will probably end up being really nice, but so far, it's nothing in comparison with the great Love songs, imo !
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:10 AM
from your letter Initiate

^ thanks for agreeing Yup, i think Love Songs stands out in its own awesomeness, but LOVE again will probably be a great album as well, just on a different stand from Love Songs.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:00 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
I totally agree with you [H] =)

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:42 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Some people on other sites are complaining about the fact that this is just Love songs part 2.
I do agree that it's really a tired idea/concept etc...
You just have to REALLY like midtempos
This is still pop music, with the verse chorus structure, but it's not as disposable as most music, I think.
Besides, there's an ayuma period for all people. If you want 'pop' music, just stay in the past or something.

I don't know what this even means..
Ivy/snowy kiss/(Angela Aki's kokuhaku: SHAMELESS PROMOTION. LISTEN TO THE PIANO QUEEN) >>> all other songs of 2012.
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:13 PM
Don't look back Initiate

YES [H]! i agree with u too. Love songs came out more experimental than I thought haha! November and Love song are stunning pieces though. this album has an upgraded classic jpop sound which I love. Beyond the sound, I love the emotion that is packed into this album already. through the music and Ayu's voice. She seems to be going more high-pitched on some..esp SAKURA

(why do people want a Love songs pt 2? LOL)
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:25 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I can understand why people think LOVE again it's a Love songs ~part II~.
The covers has a similar style, with a lot pink and natural looking. Also midtempos and ballads everywhere lol.

But I agree completely with [H]. Love songs it's way more experimental than LOVE again, according to the previews though.
Also, LOVE again sounds more "love themed" than Ls. It's hard judging on a couple of 30 seconds previews, but overall is what I feel about album tracks.

Old 22nd January 2013, 03:36 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

tbh, i had my doubts if LOVE again will turn out to be Love songs part 2. with this previews, i cant judge as yet. but i can feel its an album from the bottom of ayu's heart.. at least i felt something from Gloria, SAKURA and untitled.. and also tbh, i have no idea why Bye Bye darling is there.

petal is awesome. my favourite preview!! and lets not forget that both interludes rocked everyone's socks away. the interludes do give me RAINBOW's interludes vibes. =x
Old 22nd January 2013, 03:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
Thanks for that, I don't think Love songs sounded anything like these previews ! I quite like them, the songs will probably end up being really nice, but so far, it's nothing in comparison with the great Love songs, imo !
they totally don't sound anything like Love songs.
for me it's even better *shrugs* probably because of vocals lol but they have the same kind of "sounding the same" pattern going on in both albums.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:04 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ I didn't said it's Love songs II. They are just BALLADY/MEDIUM like Love songs.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:04 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
tbh, i had my doubts if LOVE again will turn out to be Love songs part 2. with this previews, i cant judge as yet. but i can feel its an album from the bottom of ayu's heart.. at least i felt something from Gloria, SAKURA and untitled.. and also tbh, i have no idea why Bye Bye darling is there.

petal is awesome. my favourite preview!! and lets not forget that both interludes rocked everyone's socks away. the interludes do give me RAINBOW's interludes vibes. =x
haha agreed with this but for me what killed my feeling is that when Im really into Sakura and how it feels so soothing,heartfelt and sad at the same time and then comes in the Dubstep interlude, but maybe because its just a short version, need to see how it will go with the long version later.

glasses sounds so fresh somehow,iso far like this interludes

on the other hand I really wish they would be a PV for Sakura and petal!
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:05 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

for me it's definitely not love songs part 2.. imo judging from the previews it's better than love songs overall
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:05 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I need this album to leak
Harder than Xtina.
lmfao I died.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:30 PM
TO BE Initiate

2 weeks, 2 days.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:38 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
^ I didn't said it's Love songs II. They are just BALLADY/MEDIUM like Love songs.
well i can agree on that, they do have the same pattern of ballads and a couple of upbeat songs, plus 2 weird interludes. That is the same pattern yes.
Old 22nd January 2013, 04:46 PM
TO BE Initiate

Musically I guess one could say it is similar to Love songs.

But atmosphere and lyrics? Definitely not!
Old 22nd January 2013, 05:33 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna View Post
2 weeks, 2 days.
Ie 16 days for those with week problems (me)
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, hamasaki ayumi, love again