[News] New album "Remember you" on sale 2023.01.25 - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st January 2023, 10:24 AM
P.S II Initiate

I still don't understand why Avex inserted "[NOT] Remember you" instead of the round brackets on Youtube...
Old 1st January 2023, 10:28 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
(NOT) Remember you

Lyrics for use from various sites!
For the last line, isn't it supposed to be "You screwed it up"? I might be wrong though.
Old 1st January 2023, 10:35 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
Since most of the album is sandwiched in between two versions of Non-fiction, the original and a remix, I'd say it might represent the album's main theme. The whole theme of what you think is the truth vs what actually is the truth seems quite common in this era, even in the singles.

Kind of not a fan of releasing more songs before the album, since I want to listen to them immediately. I listened a little to (NOT) Remember you, but now I'd like to hear the whole song.
Off Topic, but I missed your posts and your opinions about lyrics and concepts.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 1st January 2023, 11:05 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Ohhh I love the song!! The album is very good so far. Sorry to certain people who want me to pretend that I hate these songs just so that she starts catering to them specifically

So I was wrong about VIBEES but right about Ray of truth (since I thought either that one or remember you would be an interlude), interesting! Definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of it. I wonder if remember you is about her sons, since it seems to be in the section about them (I saw a theory ages ago that she dedicated Haru Yo Koi to her second son, which may be true considering taskinson comes after it)
Old 1st January 2023, 12:51 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
"No matter how many times you wash your hands, they won't become beautiful for the rest of your life"
Gotta love Ayu!!!
In this case, kirei means clean rather than beautiful

I like how everyone's opinions of the song are so divergent
Old 1st January 2023, 04:30 PM
Because of You Initiate

You know what i find funny? That people are tryong to read into the setlist like it has some sort of a concept. I know we all want that to be back and stuff, but what i see is just a bunch of random songs thrown together. There's no way this was planned for like years now lol lets be real here. Sure you can make something up with the rest and get it to work, but i wouldn't give it that much credit. I know it's fun to try and read into it. But to me this is just a compilation with a few new songs thrown in, considering there's two songs that share almost the same title and two songs that have different arrangements. it's like they were grabbing onto straws to turn it into a legit album lol We'll see how it flows, though, they might have figured that out at least.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 1st January 2023 at 04:33 PM.
Old 1st January 2023, 05:31 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

why are some songs not on the pre save (23rd M, Haru, Ohia)?
Old 1st January 2023, 06:57 PM
Initiate

cant wait for the ballad song "remember you"
Old 2nd January 2023, 01:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

All Ayu albums are like that though with the concepts and it not being quite planned from the start except maybe MY STORY and Party Queen...?. She makes it work, always though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadashun View Post
For the last line, isn't it supposed to be "You screwed it up"? I might be wrong though.
I just copied what was on the sites. They are official lyrics. What it sounds like though is 'you screwed it up'.

Last edited by truehappiness; 2nd January 2023 at 01:44 AM.
Old 2nd January 2023, 01:28 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
You know what i find funny? That people are tryong to read into the setlist like it has some sort of a concept. I know we all want that to be back and stuff, but what i see is just a bunch of random songs thrown together. There's no way this was planned for like years now lol lets be real here. Sure you can make something up with the rest and get it to work, but i wouldn't give it that much credit. I know it's fun to try and read into it. But to me this is just a compilation with a few new songs thrown in, considering there's two songs that share almost the same title and two songs that have different arrangements. it's like they were grabbing onto straws to turn it into a legit album lol We'll see how it flows, though, they might have figured that out at least.
Almost all Ayu albums have some kind of narrative. If it's too diverse in terms of sound, the lyrics always connect the songs. And I see some cohesiveness in terms of lyrics in this album. Even Summer Again seems not totally out of place there.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 2nd January 2023, 01:38 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It is crazy to realise that this album is turning to be more up-tempo than ''Party Queen''
Old 2nd January 2023, 01:42 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Feels like a more chaotic version of Energize. The chorus at least has a similar playfulness; I like that. The arrangement however is very cheap. I wish they'd stop pulling from the same bank of sounds for songs like this. All of her "rock-esque" songs lately are laden with electronic sounds. They could be really grand if the electronics were more of an embellishment to the track rather than the base of it. For (don't) Leave me alone the electronic sound taking a more prominent role worked REALLY well, but attempts thereafter have sounded poor by comparison.
I quite love the song, but the above expresses how I feel re preferring the electronic elements to be less prominent. That’s my only complaint aside from wanting it to be a bit slicker in general. I do love the chaos of it

It definitely gives the vibe of an anime opening and I think it would do her well if she ever got one (if she makes more tracks like this).

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 2nd January 2023, 02:49 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

https://twitter.com/soundtrucker/sta...22327650144256

Yuta confirmed he arranged (NOT)! I wonder if he got inspired from CMJK or asked for some of his sound banks...

Last edited by truehappiness; 2nd January 2023 at 02:53 AM.
Old 2nd January 2023, 02:56 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I love the arrangement on ''(NOT) Remember you''. The song itself is very similiar to ''Energize'' and ''Warning'' and the arrangements reminds me a bit of ''Until that Day''(which is the supperior track above all the others).

I think if the electronic elements were out of the mix, the song woud be too similiar to ''Warning'' or ''W''
Old 2nd January 2023, 05:07 AM
from your letter Initiate

I quite like Ayu’s bombastic rock songs and this is no exception. The melody and lyrics are superb. The overall sounds does seem like it could be on NEXT LEVEL. Having bought the song and listened it on a high quality speaker and it does sound much better. The only parts where it hard to hear Ayu is when her voice is distorted and mimic the backing electronic parts. That’s where it gets a bit chaotic for me, but that’s only near the end of the choruses.

Really looking forward to the rest of the album! Only part I’m a bit meh about is the inclusion of a remix not as a bonus track. I also really don’t hope that Just the way you are is a traditional ballad. I’d love for something like Winding Road, call, MY ALL, or Out for control.
Old 2nd January 2023, 05:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Given Kazuhiro Hara's track record, I think it will be like NOW & 4EVA style.

Worst case maybe like Curtain call?

Last edited by truehappiness; 2nd January 2023 at 05:13 AM.
Old 2nd January 2023, 08:58 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Given Kazuhiro Hara's track record, I think it will be like NOW & 4EVA style.

Worst case maybe like Curtain call?
Love N&4E
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:17 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Almost all Ayu albums have some kind of narrative. If it's too diverse in terms of sound, the lyrics always connect the songs. And I see some cohesiveness in terms of lyrics in this album. Even Summer Again seems not totally out of place there.
Exactly. I don't think she ever really didn't have a well thought-out album tracklist or live setlist. She usually seems to group songs by lyrics more than musical style, which is why some sections on albums can feel incohesive.
I actually listened to (N)Ry in full once, but even just listening to the beginning the rock influences are obvious, which made me question why it wasn't next to 23rd on the album, but looking at the lyrics it's very much about drawing a line and leaving things behind in the past, in this case likely people. What other song has a similar theme? DaD; just that (N)Ry is much more in-your-face about it, you could even say it's facing outward while DaD faces inward.

Nonfiction
What appears to be true vs the truth. It's a public self vs private self kind of message, that just because she's famous and has money, doesn't mean that there aren't any hardships. Not everything seen on screens is the whole truth.
It will be interesting to see if the remix will add a new spin to the song to the point the lyrics could be reinterpreted. Perhaps it'll be slower or more frantic.

(NOT) Remember you
The title basically says it all. It's outspoken about the pain someone caused and about their wickedness, but it also has the positive message that she has people around her she can trust. She wants to leave things in the past and not even honour them by remembering, though the (NOT) implies that she'll never really forget.

Dreamed a Dream
Seems to be more about nostalgic feelings than any one person or situation. It's about remaking oneself so to speak, having to try a new approach. Also an interesting juxtaposition between "even if the future is rotten, have it become light" in this and "even if you try to wash it off, you'll remain dirty" in (NOT) Remember you. (I'm paraphrasing.)

23rd Monster
The free time because of the pandemic that led to a peaceful life and the answers she got in that time. Admits she can't free herself from the monster and that there's not a normal life for her; reaffirms her career path.

Summer Again
There're less restrictions. I interpret taking the Summer back as making up for the time lost because of the pandemic. Might that also be why she flew to Okinawa? I like to see it as an unofficial theme of her Summer activities in 2022. To me it's basically like The Show Must Go On, therefore also reaffirming her career path.

ray of truth
The truth will eventually shine through, like a ray of sunlight through the clouds. It will likely have no lyrics, though I wouldn't mind some, but I think that could be the meaning behind the title.

Remember you
Since it's followed by songs dedicated to her children, I could imagine this one looking at past loves. The recent cryptic and ominous messages could also mean that it's about her always remembering everyone throughout her career and perhaps even her wish for us to remember her too. The following two songs could therefore represent two of the reasons for her decision.

Ohia no ki
Haru yo, koi

Songs for her children and probably the reason why they're on the album too.

taskinson
Does that confirm both of her children are sons? Or did tasuku become a father recently?

MASK
This kind of goes back to the whole what appears to be true vs the truth theme, but this time it's more about admitting that to oneself; she didn't overcome the pain, but masked it with new wounds. But at the same time we get no resolution to the issue.

VIBEES
This could go any way, especially with such a title. Could be a more positive spin on the theme of MASK, like being stronger than one thought. It could even be the resolution to MASK.

Just the way you are
Again, difficult to say what this could be about, but seeing how it comes after a remix of the first track, making the rest of the album sandwiched in-between, this could have a theme removed from the rest of the album. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a "Ayu and Hamasaki Ayumi" type song, especially with her recent cryptic messages. The title could imply a relation to The way I am. The title also quite obviously goes into the direction of accepting someone for who they are, a common theme for her.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 3rd January 2023, 01:33 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Love N&4E
Same. I’d be very happy if it was in that vein. Songs like that, MY ALL, and aeternal have a special place in her discography.
Old 3rd January 2023, 02:13 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

(NOT) Remember you is so much better live. The actual song sounds like a poorly mixed mess It's such a good song but the mixing is so terrible, how was this given the okay to be released like this??

Tags
just the way you are, ray of truth, remember you, vibees