[A] The Most Iconic Perfomances - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 24th March 2023, 05:47 PM
from your letter Initiate

The Most Iconic Perfomances

Well, in this mood of celebration I was wondering which Ayu’s perfomances are iconic for each one of us. 🧡

Like, if you’re presenting Ayu to someone, which perfomances would you recommend as a must see?

Let’s try to list 5 at maximum

For me, in no particular order, would be:
1. Mirrorcle World (Asia Tour 2008 ~ 10th anniversary)
2. About You (Arena Tour 2005 ~ My Story)
3. Angel (Premium Showcase 2014 ~ Feel the Love)
4. Real me (Premium Countdown Live 2008-2009)
5. 1 LOVE (Asia Tour 2007 ~ A Tour of Secret)

You have great props, a fierce presence and I was mesmerized when she putted her dancing skills to test in the last two hahaha
Angel is spectacular by its uniqueness

Special mention to:
- A Song for XX (a-nation 2008)
- Rainy Day + Ballad (Arena Tour 2010 ~ Rock’n’Roll Circus)
*I love it but I don’t know if I would recommend to everyone since it’s quite dramatic
Old 25th March 2023, 12:21 PM
Because of You Initiate

1. M - A Museum: 30th Single Collection Live - The first time she has a super beautiful dress on stage. It was an iconic moment. However, she keeps recycling this idea and its not special anymore

2. Boys & Girls - Arena Tour 2005 A: My Story - The first time for WOW water effects + outstanding ending for Tour

3. vogue + far away + SEASONS - Power of Music 2011 A - The special edition for these 3 songs together, chef kiss.

4. TO BE - Premium Showcase: Feel the Love - that dress and her voice, amazing

5. A song for xx - ?? dont remember which tour - she was in chinese white dress.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 25th March 2023, 01:14 PM
Far away Initiate

1. GAME (Cirque de Minuit, Arena Tour)
2. kiss o' kill (Asia Tour 2007)
3. Ourselves (Chapter 3, Just the Beginning
4. (miss)understood (Arena Tour 2006)
5. BALLAD (Rock'n'Roll Circus, Arena Tour)

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 25th March 2023, 02:18 PM
SCAR Initiate

1. M (A MUSEUM) : An epic performance of her signature song, that's a must-watch.
2. A song for XX (a-nation '08) : The whole performance under the rain in a huge stadium, you can't beat that easily...
3. Mirrorcle World (ASIA TOUR 2008) : Everything from the badass song to the ship is iconic
4. Moments (ARENA TOUR 2005) : The whole mirror/screen thing with the dancers and one of her best ballads was beautiful
5. GAME (ARENA TOUR 2015) : Because this queen knows some tricks other than sitting on her throne, and the flying performance was gorgeous

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 25th March 2023, 02:55 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

The performance of Angel was terrific in that one, also Kanariya CDL 2016-2017.

Last edited by Sky High; 25th March 2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 26th March 2023, 12:27 AM
poker face Initiate

It's kinda difficult to say...

1) sending mail (Hotel Love Songs): She was ON FIRE, all the tension and the intensity of this performance blows my mind.
2) GREEN (Made in Japan Tour): Her best opening, I love the specific moment when the audience see her and start shouting.
3) ever free (The Power of Music 2018): raw emotion.
4) Wake me up (A Best Live): Just extra as her.
5) Terminal (Premium Showcase): The aura of this tour is really magical, the trance section is simply amazing.
Old 26th March 2023, 08:14 AM
Initiate

Some of my favorites :

1) Bold & Delicious (CDL 2005-2006) : the first live I saw and I was so amazed by this performance !!
2) (don't)leave me alone (Asia Tour 2008) : loved the scenary and the dance so much !
3) Rule (Arena Tour 2015) : colorful, energic, full of live, loved it
4) countdown (Arena Tour 2010) : my favorite song of RnRC and this performance was amazing
5) Real Me (CDL 2002) : The dance the dance the dance !!!!
Old 26th March 2023, 01:56 PM
Love song H-Initiate

A Song for XX (DOME TOUR 2001)
Memorial address (ARENA TOUR 2003-2004) : one of most emotional performances, that is don't make you cringe
Intro + Born to be... (ARENA TOUR 2006) : epic opening
Microphone (ARENA TOUR 2010) : just another epic openings
part of me (POWER OF MUSIC 2011) : it's so beautiful
Old 27th March 2023, 03:41 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
5. A song for xx - ?? dont remember which tour - she was in chinese white dress.
I believe it’s the perfomance from Best of CDL 2006-2007. That entire concert is something tbh. I love the No Way to Say perfomance with the colorful dress on it 🧡
Old 27th March 2023, 11:08 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Must watch would be.

1. A Song for XX (a-nation 2008) - the rain brought out the spirit of the song and her screaming into the rain was LOVE!
2. Boys & Girls (ARENA TOUR 2005) - the audience participation was phenomenal.
3. M (15th Anniversary Live) - I like the choreography and to me, ayu looked the most regal here, compared to other "M" performances.
4. HANABI (a-nation 2018) - listen to the edited version lol. I like the stillness of the front part of the song, and the drama at the end.
5. vogue + Far away + SEASONS (a-nation 2020) - I believe it's the first time ayu sang the original version of the trilogy all together? I think she did phenomenal. and ayu fan need to watch these 3 songs performed all together in full.
Old 1st April 2023, 06:02 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

1. Dearest (live performance on Pop jam maybe? not sure) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_3o_gs0Ko - one of her greatest vocal performances
2. Part of Me (Music station) - https://twitter.com/ayuupdates/statu...07088687718400 - another great vocal performance, costume, looks, decoration, perfect
3. M (A Museum) - one of her most iconic performances, I agree that she recycle this and make it better, but still the first one is the most iconic one.
4. Mirrorcle World (Asia Tour 2008) - who can forget such an extravagant property can suddenly appear on the stage, I'm very fortunate to see this performance live in Shanghai, this is just so amazing!
5. Ballad (Arena tour 2010) - I think this performance is super iconic, even though I hate her makeup and her lips filler, but the story and the twist and so dramatic. I know for some people it can be super cheesy, but not for me.

honorable mention :
-. (miss)understood (arena tour 2006) - one of her best rock vocal performances, badass!
-. alterna (arena tour 2006) - red ring ball and the way she hang on the ball, just so cool

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 1st April 2023 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:45 AM
appears Initiate

- POWDER SNOW from ASIA TOUR 2008, her deep voice and the vibrato
- There was one "Pride" TV performance where she held a long "Prideeeeeeeee" note. She certainly was at her peak vocally-wise.
- A Song for XX from MUSIC STATION 2016.03.25, the dramatics was too much. And I loved that.
Old 2nd April 2023, 03:51 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

What I'd show people for the WOW factor:
Brilliante - 2011 Power of Music - controversal opinion but I enjoyed Timmy being part of her crew and I loved what he brought to this performance. And I adored the dramatic red dress and fire
Secret - Tour of Secret 2007 - The aesthetic in this performance is breath taking
Evolution - Tour of Secret 2007 - Special place in my heart for this one. It was one of the first videos I ever saw of Ayu I was in awe of how flawless she looked and the energy of this opening performance
A Song for XX - Anation 2008 - - The rain, the "look" = PERFECTION
Identity - 2009 Arena Tour Next Level - I love Ayu and Shuya together and this performance was FIRE. Loved her outfit, their chemistry and just her general badass attitude.

What I'd show people if they were still humouring me at this point:
Scar - Premium Countdown Live 2008-2009 - The way she walks down that catwalk and the little turn and run at the end is so well choreographed. It gives me goosebumps
Hanabi - Anation 2005 - Stunning vocals - one of my favourites of all time
Appears - Tour of Secret 2007
Endless Sorrow - CDL 2005-2006
A Song for XX - Dome Tour 2001 - Knowing she did this while in so much pain makes me appreciate her as an artist so much more
I am - 2002 Arena Tour - So much power
Part of Me - 2011 Power of Music - Beautiful, understated and genuinely emotional
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:15 PM
too late Initiate

A Song for xx (a-nation 2008) - One of her greatest performances ever, the way she and her band used the natural rain for their benefit was special.

BALLAD (ARENA TOUR 2010) - Her wig is weird? I can't defend that. But the rest of it is cinematographic. Her acting, the dancers acting, the stage, the dynamics, THE DRAMA. Pure Ayumi Hamasaki.

Endless sorrow (ARENA TOUR 2016) - The way she uses acrobatics here is why I admire her so much as a performer. It's not only brave and a demonstration of performance ability doing the stunt embracing dancer's neck only with her bare hands — the gesture adds A LOT of meaning to the performance and the song. It's splendid.

reminds me / Tell me why (ARENA TOUR 2012): I really like the way she addresses some adult and delicate issues during a pop performance. The moment when we hear couples shouting after fighting is haunting.

Mad World (Saigo no TROUBLE): I really really love the contemporary dance routine of her dancers here, it reminded me some dance spectacles I attended some years ago, it's really another level of performance.

crossroad (a-nation 2010): It's just her, her voice, her band, her hair looking like a chandelier and she pouring her heart out. It's just what she song needed and whenever I'm upset she never sang it again (in a broadcasted or filmed show), I see that performance once more and I feel grateful it exists.

For My Dear... (PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE 2008-2009): The reason I adore this song so much. Same thing I wrote about crossroad performance.

untitled ~for her~ (COUNTDOWN LIVE 2007-2008): The only performance she did for this song is so great and full of emotions, it's raw Ayu on stage. Love it.

M / appears (ASIA TOUR 2007): She exudes elegance and grandeur in all her gestures. Pay attention the way she looks and moves her body. Even the way she holds her hands is calculated but never sounds off or fake, she's totally comfortable and feeling at home there. Great performances of these songs and two of my favorites.

WHATEVER (COUNTDOWN LIVE 2004-2005): If she's pure elegance in M and appears at AT07, here she's the embodiment of POWER. I really appreciate this performance in particular.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 12th April 2023 at 01:53 PM.
Old 3rd April 2023, 09:49 PM
Daybreak Initiate

For me:

M - A Museum
Ourselves - Arena Tour 03-04
Happy Ending - Arena Tour 2005
Inspire - Arena Tour 2005
Alterna - Arena Tour 2006
Mirrocle World - Arena Tour 2008

WHATEVER - Premium Limited Live A - I don't have much to comment on the above, but this performance to me was one of the best presentations I've seen her do in recent years(and with such a simple concept). I even prefer it more than the Saigo no Trouble version, despite that one being held in a larger venue.
Old 4th April 2023, 06:38 AM
Trauma Initiate

1. part of Me : Asia Tour 2007 A ~Tour of Secret~
2. Moments - walking proud - CAROLS : ARENA TOUR 2005 A ~MY STORY~
3. part of Me : Music Station
4. No way to say : BEST of CountDown Live
5. GAME - my name's WOMEN - About You : ARENA TOUR 2005 A ~MY STORY~
Old 11th April 2023, 10:16 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

1. Together When - CDL 2007 2008 Best Performance ever. EVER. Her voice is wonderful
2. Ayumi Hamasaki - Para Para Dance concert - One of my first Ayumi videos I have ever seen 17 years ago. I still love it
3. Evolution-SURREAL - ARENA TOUR 2016 A -MADE IN JAPAN- Great, wow
4. Ballad - Rock'n'Roll Circus Tour Final: 7 Days Special - Great performance
5. Love Song – COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A - Ayu is soo beautiful here
6. Real me - COUNTDOWN LIVE 2002-2003 - Ayumi have had a very high fever, and she still makes a top performance

Last edited by Tomono1; 11th April 2023 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12th April 2023, 08:09 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I will take one for each kind of performance...

- Memorial Address AT03-04 if the person is more into raw, emotional performance.
- A Song for XX A-nation 08 if the person is more into a rock diva persona
- Boys & Girls at At05 if you want to show her making the audience go crazy
- M at Just the Begining if the person is more into a big theatrical performance
- Alterna at AT06 if the person is more into a big visual number

IMO her concerts are at their best between 2010 and 2018, but I also feel like she had fewer numbers that worked by themselves at that point. The sections had way more impact as a whole and showing a 15, 20 mins long performance can be a little too much to introduce her to someone new.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)