[Charts & Rankings] Official Sales & Positions Thread III ~NEXT LEVEL~ - Page 27 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th April 2009, 07:50 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I agree about the tie-ins, but not about TV appearances and more singles... I really think that Japan needs some time to miss her

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 25th April 2009, 07:55 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
Also, I would like to think men and women are equal in the world of J-pop, but I can't deny that gender difference still plays an important role in sales and popularity, even if its influence is almost imperceptible. Just to cite an example: SMAP may recover from the recent scandal, but I don't think a Hello Project! girl will be granted the same leniency. As much as I hate to think so, being a man and being a woman, it still accounts for something.
I don't think that's an appropriate comparison for the simple fact SMAP is 1000000000000 times bigger than H!P was in their peak. They're the biggest stars in Japan and been that way for over a decade. So I don't think they and H!P are in the same level.
Old 25th April 2009, 08:19 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I agree about the tie-ins, but not about TV appearances and more singles... I really think that Japan needs some time to miss her
I disagree as that could backfire as well, even fans could start losing interest that way not to mention that the general public could slowly start forgetting her. Even though that might work in the US for some, it doesn't seem to be working for people in Japan Koda Kumi and DBSK didn't stop after having poor sales but kept releasing constantly, as in Japan that seems to be an easy way to make a solid fan base.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th April 2009, 08:42 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I disagree as that could backfire as well, even fans could start losing interest that way not to mention that the general public could slowly start forgetting her. Even though that might work in the US for some, it doesn't seem to be working for people in Japan Koda Kumi and DBSK didn't stop after having poor sales but kept releasing constantly, as in Japan that seems to be an easy way to make a solid fan base.
To a new artist that started unpopular, appearing everywhere may be a good thing, but she already has her fanbase, and everyone in the country already nows her... I would hate to see her doing something like Seiko Matsuda that kept releasing 2 albums a years in the most part of her career and now have so many songs that I doubt even she knows half of them...

She doesn't need a 5 years hiatus, but taking 2, 2 1/2 years per album would be interesting... The only top singer that made a successful comeback after a huge down in popularity was Namie, and she didn't started releasing like crazy after her sales started getting low... Ayu (pretty much like Namie some years ago) needs to be fresh again to japanese public, but if she starts releasing a lot and appearing everywhere, her image will only gets older and older

Old 25th April 2009, 09:13 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
To a new artist that started unpopular, appearing everywhere may be a good thing, but she already has her fanbase, and everyone in the country already nows her... I would hate to see her doing something like Seiko Matsuda that kept releasing 2 albums a years in the most part of her career and now have so many songs that I doubt even she knows half of them...

She doesn't need a 5 years hiatus, but taking 2, 2 1/2 years per album would be interesting... The only top singer that made a successful comeback after a huge down in popularity was Namie, and she didn't started releasing like crazy after her sales started getting low... Ayu (pretty much like Namie some years ago) needs to be fresh again to japanese public, but if she starts releasing a lot and appearing everywhere, her image will only gets older and older
Good point. Sure I would be ok if Ayu wasn't releasing an album a year and had a tour every six months. Atm I am not really sure what would be better xD

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th April 2009, 10:33 AM
I am... Initiate

But namie's sales took quite a dip when she took a year off right? Her releasing schedule is currently not unlike ayu and ayu has definitely toned down on the frequency of her releases after I am...

What's bothering me about NL is that i can't really associate the songs with ayu. It's like any lesser known artiste can produce this kind of album. I think it's the disconnection that's hurting her sales.
Old 25th April 2009, 11:09 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
But namie's sales took quite a dip when she took a year off right? Her releasing schedule is currently not unlike ayu and ayu has definitely toned down on the frequency of her releases after I am...

What's bothering me about NL is that i can't really associate the songs with ayu. It's like any lesser known artiste can produce this kind of album. I think it's the disconnection that's hurting her sales.

I agree about the frequency of her releases, but not about the "disconnection" you talk about, sales aren't hurt by quality most of the times, other factors, but not those. That also depends on the taste of each person of course

Old 25th April 2009, 02:07 PM
Lelio Protector

#16 today again.
Today it's also a month since NEXT LEVEL was released. =D

Last edited by ayumisrael; 25th April 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 25th April 2009, 02:55 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
#16 today again.
wow

has it really been a month since it was released ? time files when you're having fun

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 25th April 2009, 04:07 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
wow

has it really been a month since it was released ? time files when you're having fun
yeap.. it's a month excatly...
XD

I think she will get #2 monthly
Old 25th April 2009, 04:21 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

Namie is not releasing 1 album per year... and she is releasing 2 singles a year but 3 or 4 singles per album^^

Old 25th April 2009, 04:45 PM
I am... Initiate

^Thanks for the correction. I don't really follow Namie's release but my impression was her release is not that infrequent.

Woah i remember when NL was announced to be released 1 month before the release date and i was thinking that's way too long. Now it's NL's 1 month anniversary! May it stay on the chart for many more months to come!
Old 25th April 2009, 05:15 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Time really does fly! It's almost May....
Old 25th April 2009, 11:31 PM
teens Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
#16 today again.
I'm glad it is still holding steady on the charts, after 1 month of its release date.
Old 26th April 2009, 12:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
^Thanks for the correction. I don't really follow Namie's release but my impression was her release is not that infrequent.
Concentration 20 (1997) - 1,929,860
Namie's last successful album at the 90's... this album has 3 singles, all from 1997, including "can you celebrate", her biggest hit and the best selling female single ever in Japan)

181920 (1998) - 1,689,53
First single collection, has one single released in 1997 too

Genius 2000 (2000) - 802,740
The first post marriage, divorce, son and "hiatus" album, have 4 singles released between 1998 and 2000...

Break the Rules (2000) - 334,52
3 singles between 2000 and 2001

Love Enhanced Single Collection (2002) - 314,570
Second single collection, 2 singles, one in 2001 and another in 2002

Style (2003) - 221,874
Namie's worst selling album. 4 singles in 2002 and 2003... amont them, her worst selling one (Put 'em up).

Queen of Hip-Pop (2005) - 455,428
Namie's selling starts going up again, her first single that went 1st daily since 1998 ("Girl Talk / The Speed Star") and also her first top10 monthly single since 1997 (Want me Want me). 4 singles 2004/2005

Play (2007) - 540,952
This one had a huge chart life (53 weeks), her first top 50 yearly since 2000 and top 5 monthly since 1999 (Baby Don't Cry) 4 singles, 2005~2007

Best Fiction (2008) - 1,508,159
Third compilation, first album from hers that sold more than 1million since 1998, first weekly number-one hit since 1998, first top20 single since 1997 (60s70s80s)

This is Namie story of going down and then up xD

Old 26th April 2009, 12:22 AM
Far away Initiate

do u guys realise its over 500 post already?
Old 26th April 2009, 12:33 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef+Vanny View Post
do u guys realise its over 500 post already?
yes I realise that too

ayumisrael , get your butt on & make another new NEXT LEVEL album thread like NOW

*joke*

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 26th April 2009, 01:17 AM
Lelio Protector

^Done Karen =DDD
Old 26th April 2009, 09:01 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907 View Post
I don't think that's an appropriate comparison for the simple fact SMAP is 1000000000000 times bigger than H!P was in their peak. They're the biggest stars in Japan and been that way for over a decade. So I don't think they and H!P are in the same level.
We were comparing gender perceptions in Japan and not degrees of popularity.
Closed Thread