You were... / BALLAD information thread [IV] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th November 2009, 02:11 PM
Two of us Initiate

I think if the media makes it out as a battle the sales for battle of them will rise for their singles on Dec 16th, like what happened with A Best. Ayu really needs to start promoting You were. . ./BALLAD and it better be good.

Set made by labello.
Old 14th November 2009, 02:51 PM
no more words Initiate

I don't care if she gets #1 or not. ofcourse I want her to do well, but whatever.

getting a number 1 single means nothing anymore. singles who sell 20k in the first week manage to get #1 and singles who sell 100k+ in the first week don't.

and if Ayu loses her streak.. so what? it's not like she's gonna stop making music or whatever.
I'd much rather have her lose her streak than change the release date like a coward. but that's just my opinion

but ofcourse I'm rooting for ayumi
Old 14th November 2009, 04:10 PM
count down Initiate

Assuming the guy's single was actually released physically because of demand, then its sale shouldn't be too bad. From what I know, he's a well respected person, so... I will really want to see some competition. If Ayu's single's release date is not moved, then we will know just how popular Ayu is now...

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 14th November 2009, 04:34 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Despite being in the business for 20 years , Fukuyama-san doesn't release singles that often as compared to other artistes such as B'z since he also acts & do photography on the sideline but from what I know he had a couple of million selling singles

his best selling single is 2000's Sakurazaka which sold a whopping 2,299,320 copies

so much so that the song was being covered twice

but anyway it doesn't seem that he has a #1 streak going on in him . His 1st few singles never charted to begin with D:

so maybe ayumi's chances to get #1 is quite OK/high ? I don't think Fukuyama-san mind settling the #2 spot

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 14th November 2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 14th November 2009, 05:02 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^ +1

dammmmnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 moth until the release..
I want previews and the coversss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what the hell is happening, avex? U_u

IG | YT | PR

Old 14th November 2009, 05:50 PM
too late Initiate

Location: Mirrorcle town searching for my last angel (Mexico)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Honestly, I don't see Fukuyama affecting Ayu's sales at all, just her position. It's not like there is very much cross over between their fans. If Avex/Ayu decide to move her date because of this I'd be pretty disappointed because all it does is just basically prove the point that her number 1 streak - while still there - doesn't exactly have a lot of meaning these last few years. And I would love to see Ayu actually beat strong competition for once and then be able to go "yay Ayu, you did awesome!" etc etc. And honestly, losing the number one streak wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing ever. She can then not worry about it and just release what she wants, when she wants. And at least with Fukuyama it's not like she would be losing to something totally random like Shuchushin (which would have been much more embarrassing). I'm not necessarily a Fukuyama fan, but at least he has talent and has been around for a long time - not just a flavor of the month type of deal. The number one streak will have to come to an end at some point and if it is with this single it's much better this than to the next crappy Hexagon group that comes out of nowhere or something.

While Fukuyama doesn't likely affect Ayu's sales, moving the single to the 23rd very well might effect the sales negatively. As the poster above mentioned, it's too close to Christmas. So that's another strike against moving it to the 23rd.
LOL, i was going to write the same ideas ... looks like you won me!! haha :p

Yeah... i mean, it would be kind of lame from ayu to remove her release date... just to keep the number one streak.we all know her sales have (slowly) gone downhill, and the number one appearing on the charts are just symbolic, because her sales are by no means what they used to be. At least, if she´s got all these number ones, she should prove she has the right to hold them. (and show those are not a mere product of marketing)

With all due respect, changing the date would mean that avex is too desperate to cover something it doesn't exist anymore. I mean, it happens to all artists, even to huge names like Michael Jackson and Madonna. and like sunshine said, the fact that she's compteing with Fukuyama doens't necesarily means it's gonna affect her single sales either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Maybe he has occasional feelings.

Ayu stans are Fugging scary.
Old 14th November 2009, 06:57 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post

LOL, even though that would be fun, considering that the fans requested the release, I don't know what to think.
I actually don't think that it is a forgone conclusion that she will lose. If it were Arashi, then yes, bye bye number 1 streak. But with Fukuyama it has the potential to be really close. I would say Fukuyama has the edge, but it is not an insurmountable one. So much depends on mitigating factors such as: will Fukuyama really promote it since it wasn't originally planned to be a single release to begin with? How good are the songs on Ayumi's single and how much will she be promoting? Will she have good live vocals or bad ones? Because I actually think that having bad vocals in the lives can actually hinder the sales, not help them. Will the people who already bought Fukuyama's single digitally still want to buy it physically? etc etc.
Old 14th November 2009, 07:04 PM
UNITE! Initiate

no updates?

★ Set by me. ☆
I have no confidence to live a life without love
★ my tumblr. ☆

Old 14th November 2009, 11:03 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I actually don't think that it is a forgone conclusion that she will lose. If it were Arashi, then yes, bye bye number 1 streak. But with Fukuyama it has the potential to be really close. I would say Fukuyama has the edge, but it is not an insurmountable one. So much depends on mitigating factors such as: will Fukuyama really promote it since it wasn't originally planned to be a single release to begin with? How good are the songs on Ayumi's single and how much will she be promoting? Will she have good live vocals or bad ones? Because I actually think that having bad vocals in the lives can actually hinder the sales, not help them. Will the people who already bought Fukuyama's single digitally still want to buy it physically? etc etc.
Yeah, you're pretty much right. Well it's hard to say what is the factor that drives sales the most now days...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 15th November 2009, 12:35 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think I would at least want Ayu to break Seiko's record of 24 #1s in a row before giving in. I'd previously thought that Ayu'd already beaten Seiko, but apparently it was only in total number of #1 singles. Here's hoping that this single puts up a good fight if it does go up against Hatsukoi and isn't at all like ARASHI vs. EXILE this week.

Last edited by truehappiness; 15th November 2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 15th November 2009, 01:01 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ Yeah, actually I can't believe I didn't mention Arashi vs. Exile before since we were talking about how big artists never go against each other even though we had a prime example of that this week. Both artists are considered at their top right now and the only thing I can think is that Avex actually thought that Exile had a chance at beating Arashi otherwise I can't imagine why they made the release date the same. Arashi really handed Exile's asses to them though. It pretty much drove home the point that right now there is "TOP" and then there is "ARASHI"
Old 15th November 2009, 01:25 AM
fairyland Initiate

Arashi is in their own league right now, lol. well, at least when it's for singles. i wonder if their next studio/original album will break that "idols only sell singles" rule. i'm not counting "All the BEST!" in the mix because obviously, it's a best album.

but as for Ayu vs. Fukuyama, i'm not at all worried about Ayu losing her streak. it would be nice for her to uphold it, but if it ends then it ends. but i am interested in the numbers!

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 15th November 2009, 01:31 AM
SCAR Initiate

She'll put up a good fight I think. CDs always sell more around Christmas time, and with the push of beating another artist to stay #1 there, we might see figures we haven't seen from Ayu for years.
Old 15th November 2009, 01:33 AM
winding road Initiate

i dunno, I feel like if she loses her streak, avex will suddenly push her as far on the back burner as possible.

Old 15th November 2009, 02:12 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
i dunno, I feel like if she loses her streak, avex will suddenly push her as far on the back burner as possible.
I don't think that'll happen. There are acts on avex who aren't even selling a fraction of what Ayu is who are being pushed to the forefront, after all.

Last edited by truehappiness; 15th November 2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 15th November 2009, 03:06 AM
Heartplace Initiate

^ Well I feel like the only reason they "care" about her now is because of her streak. @_@ It seems like once it's broken, they'll really have no reason to "care" about her anymore, cause they won't have that streak to hold onto.
Old 15th November 2009, 03:14 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Why would they be hard on Ayu if she looses her #1 streak..? Really, they still promote Kuu and Namie like crazy even if they don't have a #1 streak.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 15th November 2009, 03:16 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
^ Well I feel like the only reason they "care" about her now is because of her streak. @_@ It seems like once it's broken, they'll really have no reason to "care" about her anymore, cause they won't have that streak to hold onto.
or maybe they still care about her because she still makes them a crapload of money even if her CD sales aren't as high as they used to be.
Old 15th November 2009, 03:28 AM
Initiate

avex would be stupid to stop promoting her as much (like they promote her so much now, anyhow -_-') or focusing on her at all, just because she lost her streak. She's still a MAJOR source of their profits.

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 15th November 2009, 03:30 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

that's true it doesn't make sense

there're other avex artistes whom avex gave them huge/tons of promo like GIRL NEXT DOOR but their sales aren't hot to called for to begin with

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, tinker bell, you were.../ballad