ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A ~II~ - Page 29 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2017, 07:26 AM
still alone Initiate

I am so happy with this countdown.
Everything seems like it was done very well and Ayu had fans in mind. The dvd/bluray can not release fast enough. I hope avex is quick to release it.
Old 1st January 2017, 07:31 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I am so happy with this countdown.
Everything seems like it was done very well and Ayu had fans in mind. The dvd/bluray can not release fast enough. I hope avex is quick to release it.
Same here! Funny though when one dancer came too late during evolution, hehe! The concert seemed to have "everything"! I haven't seen all yet but it probably is going to be one of my favourite CDLs/concerts ever. Since the vocals were good with two exceptions which were like ok- to bad/meh-ish I am quite sure we won't get a robotic sounding concert but one we can really enjoy!

Old 1st January 2017, 07:43 AM
still alone Initiate

I'll be crushed if it comes out with robotic vocals.
I would rather hear Ayu sing poorly than listen to that nonsense. It looks like she did okay vocally so maybe we are safe.
Old 1st January 2017, 07:57 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
I would rather hear Ayu sing poorly than listen to that nonsense. It looks like she did okay vocally so maybe we are safe.
Yep! I think it's quite safe to say this CDL's vocals are good (enough at least) that we won't get a robotic voice! Also, I hope that the cover will be a pic from the Kanariya performance! For example Ayu flying in the air with the men holding her, her sitting in the air with the crown on her head etc.. And of course I'm praying that they won't ruin it with e.g. a bad looking/placed font...

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 1st January 2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 1st January 2017, 08:03 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
And of course I'm praying that they won't ruin it with e.g. a bad looking/placed font...
so young, so naive
Old 1st January 2017, 08:11 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
so young, so naive
Um... please what? XD Actually not every cover is that bad imo even though the CDL14-15 was um yea... And I know her team isn't the best when it comes to this job...

Old 1st January 2017, 08:57 AM
still alone Initiate

This user on Youtube has uploaded multiple videos of the countdown from their TV.
Old 1st January 2017, 10:39 AM
starting over Initiate

I can't with this years audience... the worst
Old 1st January 2017, 11:11 AM
Far away Initiate

^ I think it's because M-ON! audio, we can't barely hear the audience.

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 1st January 2017, 12:07 PM
As if.. Initiate

Her performances of "M" and "No Way to Say" were really simple. No dancers, just her singing. And those were the songs where her voice sounded best. It seems she paid attention to what the fans wanted to see. I just hope in the DVD they show more close ups of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
Is it just me, or did Ayu look thicker. Not fat!!! but, just thicker than she normally does? I feel like I'm being a troll or something saying this. But it just seems to me like she gained some weight. Which made her look all the more beautiful!
I thought the same thing too.
Old 1st January 2017, 12:33 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
I just went through instagram and someone uploaded a little part of the CDL on instagram and at the bottom of the video you could read "jstarkan.com" so I googled what that is, and it seems to be an app where you can watch Japanese TV channels and after researching a bit, yes we could've watched the CDL there since they have m-on. But I am not sure if we can even trust such sites/apps, and it's too late anyway for this year...
Lol, that was probably my instagram. You mean Who video, right?
Indeed it's an app with which you can watch Japanese TV. I didn't know about it myself until a friend told me and I missed most of the CDL myself, but at least I have seen a bit I think I also made We Wish recording that is still on my phone
Old 1st January 2017, 02:02 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

After watching the whole thing I see a real improvement in every aspect. Many refreshed arrangements of songs (which will make me play it often in the background), the show simply flows, visually it's superb, Ayu is in great shape. Vocally she has learned that shouting needs to be reduced. For me just Last Angel wasn't good and in my opinion she butchered Because of you to limits ^_^ - like she forgot to sing totally. You can hear very well that when she sings with her soft voice - there's a technique but when she pushes - it turns into screaming, Never Ever is a good example with both elements. Also when she rested her voice, the medley of encore was sung so well, I was surprised to listen to it so pleasantly in the video with no editing (just humming 7/4 wasn't great, but just this one). Also I think it's the first time music doesn't sound like it's recorded from some speaker in the arena but mixed into the stream which is great! I totally can't wait for this live to be released with proper camera work and slight touches here and there.
Old 1st January 2017, 02:21 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I think Kanariya will sound better with its proper audio, tv lives are much different to the dvd versions regardless of the audio fixes, its just the technology . Like being there in person would hear it way better then wowow versions and so on. Sort of on the same line as recording with your phone. Might get good video, but the audio wont sound good. Same thing with tv lives and loud noises.
I would love a best album made with studio versions of these songs that have new arrangements, with Kanariya, green, immature and so on. She could even throw on ladies night ~another night~

But i think she is always trying to improve. With her interview with Gackt, she commented on how impressed she was with his projection of his voice, I think that came from her own abilities, of what she is trying to train for, and You are the only one's last verse really shows her training with her projection of her voice

Last edited by douggn; 1st January 2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 1st January 2017, 02:50 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoyo View Post
Is it just me, or did Ayu look thicker. Not fat!!! but, just thicker than she normally does? I feel like I'm being a troll or something saying this. But it just seems to me like she gained some weight. Which made her look all the more beautiful!
Quote:
NO YOU AREN'T! THOUGHT THE SAME WHEN I FIRST SAW PICS/VIDS OF THE CONCERT! BUT as you say not fat, she just looks as she gained some weight -> what I would find really good because she's/was very thin :0 But tbh I was too scared to write that!
noo, I realized it too! I guess sha gained some muscles from all those aerial training, and busty chest I need to get used to this "new Ayu" look though

just watched Kanariya and I really loved the new version, can watch it again n again. very deep and meaningful performance
Old 1st January 2017, 02:56 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
I've seen/heard a number of her live TV concerts, then later the same thing on DVD...some people must have a golden ear, because I can't hear the robotic vocals they refer to.

Maybe it's because I'm more used to hearing music from western countries, where "singers" (and I use that term loosely) use auto-tune all the time and *intentionally* make themselves sound robotic (they must be under the mistaken impression it's a neat effect--it's not). I'm not hearing that on Ayu's concert DVDs. Perhaps Japanese sound engineers have some better techniques for "fixing" vocals that I'm not used to, so I can't really tell what to look for, and therefore I can't spot?

If that's the case, then I hope I *never* get to spot it as it really seems to drive some people here up the wall... :-)
Old 1st January 2017, 03:11 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Found this link to watch the whole countdown on a Chinese Website

Last edited by cherylinn; 1st January 2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 1st January 2017, 03:22 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuWorld View Post
noo, I realized it too! I guess sha gained some muscles from all those aerial training, and busty chest I need to get used to this "new Ayu" look though

just watched Kanariya and I really loved the new version, can watch it again n again. very deep and meaningful performance
If you watch Kanariya you can see her muscle arms when she is holding the crown! Like, woah!

Old 1st January 2017, 03:30 PM
Dolls Initiate

Will this CLD be shown on TV someday? Or was it still of TV?
Old 1st January 2017, 04:05 PM
Far away Initiate

^ Yes, they will show the re-edited version.
Old 1st January 2017, 04:51 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

I think she is not in fit condition..she strugle a lot until M. Her voice crack a lot, maybe her bronchitis and pneumonia not 100% cured, but yet she still push her vocal to sing.

but then she totally nailed the ballad section, M and No Way To Say is really good...
she not shouting that much anymore as well, I really love her current vocal...

There are plenty of rooms for improvement for her AT2017. I love the large stage and large screen..

I think she finally move on from Circus theme, less performers and more dancers...

Overall this CDL is satisfying...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, countdown live 2016-2017, just the beginning -20-