[News] CDTV reveals cover for 'M(A)DE IN JAPAN' - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th June 2016, 05:17 PM
Dolls Initiate

i love the 3 ones besides TA version (they are meaningless and completely diffrent, I would LOOOOOVE to see whole body shot besides closeups all the time) but well, as much I really love the theme of 3 of them, i dislike the fact that they are almost identical. sixxxxxx/COLOURS/A ONE at least had a head angle change ;/

buuuut... I really miss full body shot ;____________; (except LOVE again one lol)

Last edited by pepper; 7th June 2016 at 05:19 PM.
Old 7th June 2016, 05:28 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

There were rumours about her cheating with several men, having abortions, getting STDs, trashing hotel rooms, being spotted drunk and whatnot during all of her career. If the public found those rumours to be beliaveble at some level, what they most likely did considering the rumours spread, her overall image of being a wild girl it's actually a thing.

Maybe "party queen" wouldn't be the way a western would describe it, but she doesn't produce those stuff for us, she produce those for japanese people who usually doesn't know much English and whose perception on English words has more to do with the way their own culture perceive those words and not that much with what those words mean on their original language.

It's the same thing as a western using "otaku" and what it actually means in Japanese.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th June 2016, 05:40 PM
Interlude Initiate

But these are rumors you get to hear about any celebrity I reckon. but there aren't any pictures of ayu out and about coming wasted from a party or being a complete mess that would maybe support these kind of rumors or that kind of image.

I do agree with the language difference though.
Old 7th June 2016, 06:22 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Not really... Rumours, yeah, are very frequent. But the subject of the rumour is directly linked to the way the public perceives the celebrity. Ayu is said to sleep around, Hikki is romanticly liked to women sometimes, but I don't remember the oposite happening, for example.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th June 2016, 07:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

you knwo what's funny though? that she's not even near as all over the place as some western "party girls" amongst celebrities are. Sure the perception is different but still.
Japan really has a thing for complitely obnoxious rumours. It's not just with Ayu. When they go onto someone, they do it in full force. No wonder GACKT's her friend lol those two just understand each other xD
Old 7th June 2016, 08:02 PM

I talked to a lot of Japanese people about Ayu since at one point or another you're always being asked when you started learning Japanese and why and if you like Japanese pop culture. So I have to "confess" that I'm actually an Ayu fan. They dislike her for a million reasons, but Ayu being anything that comes close to a "party queen" is none of them. No one ever mentioned rumours about her getting drunk, taking drugs, that she had an abortion or whatever. The only thing that come up again and again is her looking fake, having surgery, being a stuck up diva etc. So basically it always comes down to Ayu being unrelateable compared to before and that they lost touch with her around (miss)understood era. And everyone always says things like "back then she was great, but now...".
Furthermore, even though I can't stand this "natural" Ayu thing anymore, I think she does it for one reason: she had a VERY long period of years in which she looked fake as hell in mostly every photo of hers, starting around (miss)understood era. Japanese people only know her as the girl next door or as the fake diva, they aren't able to recognise her face anymore. For example I had the picture with the blue tone she posted as teaser with lyric snippets as background pic at my mobile phone and showed it around. No one believed me it was her. Nowadays she tries very hard to leave her diva image behind her and to be more relateable again, even though I'm not sure if her current tactic works.
Old 7th June 2016, 09:56 PM
Two of us Initiate

she looks 13 on it
Old 8th June 2016, 01:14 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I love the concept, I love the look. Favorite album cover in a long time. I wonder what people think when they see Made in Japan and a picture of Ayu tied up with ropes... I think it's a pretty bold statement (and I thought her lyrics in Survivor was bold, but this is literally in your face LOL)
Old 8th June 2016, 06:01 AM
count down Initiate

yep, Party Queen was her lowest point in her career because she was wailing there crying that she's a lonely queen and yada yada insert more self pity... not a cute look for her.

@Chibi: that's very interesting now that you mentioned it. I think ever since GUILTY or so she has been moving around her image a lot; with NEXT LEVEL and Rock'n'Roll Circus I always get the vibe that she doesn't have any direction for herself so she's playing around with whatever ideas that come up in her mind.

Love songs onward was when, like you said, she tried to shed all the glamor off and go back to being that girl-next-door.. which explains pastel colors and basic beauty shots.

Then Party Queen came about at a time where I felt she could have personally been in depression or very low morale. I'm glad she had Timmy and her A CREW with her at that time to pull her through... though obviously she wasn't thinking clearly because she decided to fall in love with Maro and we got more messes

and then to 2014/2015 when we had the "my heart is with Japan" and we see that with A ONE and sixxxxxx... now M(A)DE IN JAPAN

Obviously imo she is a lot more settled now and I am happy she kinda knows where she's heading... ever since her 10th anniversary she has been decidedly very haphazard in her music career

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 8th June 2016, 06:53 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isicio View Post
Eyes opened
Eyes closed
Eyes mid-opened and looking to nowhere?

Seriously there will be a lot of photos of this album shoot and they can't choose better photos?
Do you remember alan? Couple of her early singles had covers with eyes opened (for CD+DVD) and closed (for CD only):

I don't mind that mentioned covers are that similar but I'm really disappointed with TA covers - face only (again).
Old 8th June 2016, 08:17 AM
rainy day Initiate

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I talked to a lot of Japanese people about Ayu since at one point or another you're always being asked when you started learning Japanese and why and if you like Japanese pop culture. So I have to "confess" that I'm actually an Ayu fan. They dislike her for a million reasons, but Ayu being anything that comes close to a "party queen" is none of them. No one ever mentioned rumours about her getting drunk, taking drugs, that she had an abortion or whatever. The only thing that come up again and again is her looking fake, having surgery, being a stuck up diva etc. So basically it always comes down to Ayu being unrelateable compared to before and that they lost touch with her around (miss)understood era. And everyone always says things like "back then she was great, but now...".
Furthermore, even though I can't stand this "natural" Ayu thing anymore, I think she does it for one reason: she had a VERY long period of years in which she looked fake as hell in mostly every photo of hers, starting around (miss)understood era. Japanese people only know her as the girl next door or as the fake diva, they aren't able to recognise her face anymore. For example I had the picture with the blue tone she posted as teaser with lyric snippets as background pic at my mobile phone and showed it around. No one believed me it was her. Nowadays she tries very hard to leave her diva image behind her and to be more relateable again, even though I'm not sure if her current tactic works.
How do people feel about Namie? In terms of relatability? Is she judged by the same factors?
Old 8th June 2016, 08:24 AM
Who... Initiate

^^ those covers are boring af

i wonder how can people complain when there are covers like this god those are lame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
How do people feel about Namie? In terms of relatability? Is she judged by the same factors?
it's funny that she looks way more plastic than ayu and japanese say ayu is looking fake and been in surgeries i don't get japanese people sometimes

Last edited by //ABEST; 8th June 2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 8th June 2016, 08:34 AM
Love song H-Initiate

alan covers are gorgeous =)
Old 8th June 2016, 08:54 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

^^ you can say a lot of things about Namie, but looking/being plastic or fake is not one those things. Even on BEST FICTION she might have looked more 'natural' than on most of Ayumi's magazine photographs. I am not even a Namie fan so I don't know why I am actually defending her. I just thought: "Oh really, you are not kidding?" when I read your comment.

Old 8th June 2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitara View Post
japanese taste really confuses me lol XD
I wish I could sit together with japanese fans and have a discussion about photoshoots/cover design so I can understand why they prefer (in my opinion) bland beauty shots to something that involves an interesting concept / something more to look at than just a face XD I'm really interested!

so this proves that Ayu is right on the money.
I tried once and the answer was "she's beautiful, she don't need anything more".
I don't like all those "face only" covers - they don't express nothing. Where the hell is creativity? If I wouldn't knew the singer and somebody would show me this type of covers asking "what kind of singer it may be" or "what's the album concept" I would answer: some mainstream singer with some boring ballads.
Old 8th June 2016, 10:17 AM
Interlude Initiate

yep, of I was browsing a CD store and lookIng for new artists to listen to, I wouldn't pick a cd with only their face on it; especially if most of their discography is only close ups of their face. it's name recognition only these days.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:20 AM

^ If she has something to say - something more than singing "love songs" - than she should express it not only in lyrics but also on album cover. They say to "not judge a book by it's cover" but the true is that cover is something what makes us interest in content (it's the same with music albums).
Old 8th June 2016, 12:09 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I don't know that many albums (if any at all) that really have a meaning, especially if I try to judge by the standards everyone seems to mention. Even the "flawless goddess" Utada Hikaru mostly has face shots as her album covers. Koda Kumi? Also beauty shots. With costumes and decorations, but it doesn't make them any less beaty shots. So I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 8th June 2016, 12:12 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post

God, I love these covers. The colours are gorgeous and they're just downright wonderful. I miss alan so much...
Old 8th June 2016, 02:19 PM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
I don't know that many albums (if any at all) that really have a meaning, especially if I try to judge by the standards everyone seems to mention. Even the "flawless goddess" Utada Hikaru mostly has face shots as her album covers. Koda Kumi? Also beauty shots. With costumes and decorations, but it doesn't make them any less beaty shots. So I don't see what the big deal is.
kumi at least has costumes and decorations as you say, so these beauty shots are way more appealing that way.

never liked hikkis album covers.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, cover, m(a)de in japan, made in japan