talkin' 2 myself AT08 - playback or dubbed over? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 7th April 2009, 09:39 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

talkin' 2 myself AT08 - playback or dubbed over?

Okay, simple question: Was it playback or only dubbed over? TV version and DVD version are the same(only the mix is different, ayus vocals are more background in the DVD), she holds the notes the same lenght and everything.
Please don't even try telling me its not the same. To someone who went to the concert and actually saw it live: Did it sound different?
To everybody: Does somebody still have videos that fans took?

I have yet to check CDL0708 and tv appereances of t2m to see if its the same...
Old 8th April 2009, 03:26 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Tv appearences aren't the same I will tell you for sure
Well comparing to excerpt from news - or it wasn't dubbed over or it was already dubbed in news broadcast^^
Old 8th April 2009, 11:22 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
Tv appearences aren't the same I will tell you for sure
Well comparing to excerpt from news - or it wasn't dubbed over or it was already dubbed in news broadcast^^
thats good, I hoped she did it live in TV

but I dont understand your second sentence, sorry xD could you please explain it to me in simple words?
Old 8th April 2009, 05:41 AM
WE WISH Initiate

avex sure did something to the vocal to make it perfect
Old 8th April 2009, 05:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I mean that before broadcast parts of the concert in news program - they dubbed vocals^^
anyway the same news program makes me think that (d)lma was live really^^
Old 8th April 2009, 05:26 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Oh, good, now I understand^^

And I'm quite sure (d)lma was live, you can hear her moving! Where she hits the air! Maybe the beginning was playback(until she got off the wheel?) but the rest was live I think.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:36 PM
winding road Initiate

...couldn't it be that oh I dunno, that's how the song is supposed to be sung? They notes aren't supposed to be different lengths because it's a different performance

Old 9th April 2009, 03:56 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Okay, simple question: Was it playback or only dubbed over? TV version and DVD version are the same(only the mix is different, ayus vocals are more background in the DVD), she holds the notes the same lenght and everything.
Please don't even try telling me its not the same. To someone who went to the concert and actually saw it live: Did it sound different?
To everybody: Does somebody still have videos that fans took?

I have yet to check CDL0708 and tv appereances of t2m to see if its the same...
The tv performances definitely weren't lip synched. As for AT08 - I don't know. I saw it live, but I don't specifically remember that performance as sounding lip synched to me. (Trust me, I would have said so, just like I kept trying to convince people that Marrionette was lip synched after I saw the concert^_^) I haven't tried to really compare the tv version and the dvd for Talkin' so I can't really say.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:15 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I know you would have said something ASAP after noticing that^^ I read youre discussions after all^^ So you think it was dubbed over?
Youre good at "detecting" playback, so would you please compare them?(if you still have both files) I dont want to make a mistake by saying they are the same and then find one note thats not the same
BTW the beginning might be live sound, the very first note of the second line sounds different to me
@ GRACE
Even if youre trying to, you will never be able to hold notes exactly the same lenght and have a song sound the same, especially not with dancing in it. Compare two Mirrorcle World performances for example, they sound quite different each time, though its a similar song and a similar amount of movement.

Last edited by noidea; 9th April 2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:59 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Well, I think dvd version have pretty same vocals, it even has FAKE 5.1 ch!!! So I'm sure they dubbed all vocals on dvd
Old 9th April 2009, 02:42 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

fake 5.1? Zo me it sounds real, i remember hearing different things on the front and rear speakers
Old 9th April 2009, 03:16 PM
ayu trance Initiate

It's not real! It's totally fake - it's edited - just compare with real broadcast in 5.1 ch in my All 2008 HDTV thread evolution+days XMAS Show 2008 HDTV TS. Turn of all channels except center and you will hear only vocals while all other sounds will be only background(center channel = sound from mic = vocals and talk). same goes to Namie Amuro DVDs. but all Ayus dvds have fake 5.1 ch
not only for hiding lip synch - which will be easily revealed then, but it's more like technical fault - bad marketing idea^^

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 9th April 2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 9th April 2009, 03:28 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I always thought 5.1 concerts were: rear speakers = audience
front speakers = instruments mixed with vocals, but not vocals in the middle without instruments, also, how can it be fake if theres a different signal on the speakers? its just a different way to split the audio over 5 speakers
Old 9th April 2009, 03:52 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^it's fake because they used stereao + added some effects
In the middle usually only vocals if they're leaving as it was recorded. I gave you name of real 5.1 ch TV broadcast - evolution+days@Happy Xmas Show 2008

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 9th April 2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 9th April 2009, 05:11 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
To which talkin' 2 myself @ AT08 performance are you refering to? The TV broadcast is from the Yokohama concert and the DVD version is from the Taipei concert.
Old 9th April 2009, 05:21 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

BOTH of course o.0

@ ayumi_lover

ok, if its really done by upsampling its fake...
Old 25th April 2009, 03:41 AM
Two of us Initiate

I think it's live. They always edit her voice for DVDs, but you can tell it's live.

From AT08, I reckon Fly high/Depend on you, (don't) Leave me alone/decision/my name's WOMEN and Marionette were all mimed...
Old 25th April 2009, 06:55 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^actually not as many songs as you mentioned
Old 25th April 2009, 10:38 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

not nearly as many xD Depend On You and Fly High are 99,9% sure live and theres discussions about decision, mnW and (d)lma

if youd just go from the sound of it every song sounds live because she records live versions
plus her mouth is kind of weird(different than in tv performances) in both t2m performances to me and they ARE the same, they aren't just edited, they are the same track, just listen to them at least once before saying both are live...o.0
Old 25th April 2009, 02:14 PM
ayu trance Initiate

actually avex editing = putting the same vocal track ripped from one live performance and if Ayu's mouth not really in synch they are choosing different angles to cover that.
Well that happened to 1 LOVE and some other songs sung during same era.
I hate what they did to NEVER EVER@CDL06-07(( They edited it on dvd version but didn't changed angles so it was like you can see that Ayu doing vibrato by her throat but can't hear it( *or that was A Song for XX?*

Tags
arena tour, arena tour 2008, talkin' 2 myself