The Official Tsukiko Amano Thread - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 28th May 2006, 02:12 PM
July 1st Initiate

The Official Tsukiko Amano Thread

Hello everyone! I just happened to chance upon Tsukiko Amano once again with her 5 consecutive releases within the same day and having heard Karasu and Utakata (her first 2 singles of these 5) I think it has reaffirmed me to start off an official Tsukiko Amano thread!

I guess most of us here got to know her through the game Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly as she sang the theme song Chou (Japanese for Butterfly) which is just <3 as far as I know!

So, with her 5 singles released on the same day, what do you have to say about her music, the image she portrays and things? Let's get started!

Tsukiko Amano Official Website: http://www.otokura.com/amano/index.html
Tsukiko Amano Limited Edition Website: http://www.amanotsukiko.net/main.html
Old 29th May 2006, 03:55 AM
Together When... H-Initiate

I'm kind of curious about how well Tsukiko will do with the 5 singles on one day release....if I had enough money to spare, I might buy them all, but I haven't heard too much of her recent stuff lately.
Old 29th May 2006, 08:06 AM
from your letter Initiate

and here i was naive enough to believe my fandom would remain retard-free forever.

D:

Old 29th May 2006, 03:27 PM
Together When... H-Initiate

^ What do you mean by that?
Old 29th May 2006, 06:39 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I <3 Tsukiko...

'Koe' is my favourite of the two Fatal Frame theme songs and probably my favourite PV from her as her dress is beautiful. I love her facial expressions when she sings so emotional. Her voice makes my hairs stand on end. *Nod*

Old 29th May 2006, 06:58 PM
Startin' Protector

Tsukiko is just one of those artists that puts so much passion into her music. I love how she religiously plays her guitar in all of her songs. (As far as I know). I've heard all her albums, and Tenryu is my favorite, with A Moon Child in the Sky right behind it. I watched her new PV(s) yesterday, and I love Karasu. I'm still trying to get in to Utakata.

I hope that at least two the five singles can do fairly well.
Old 29th May 2006, 11:25 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by soysaucestar
^ What do you mean by that?
if you have to ask, you'll never know. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico
Tsukiko is just one of those artists that puts so much passion into her music. I love how she religiously plays her guitar in all of her songs. (As far as I know).
....ow. ow. ow. my brain. my fandom. jesus, ow.
Quote:
I've heard all her albums, and Tenryu is my favorite, with A Moon Child in the Sky right behind it.
buzzuh? its pretty much universally agreed upon in the fan community that tenryu and amcits are her two weakest albums.
on tenryu (hands down her worst album), chou and tsuki were pretty much the only tracks could stand on their own (rightfully so, as they were singles). unfortunately, they were placed right after one another, so you kind of have a good start with tsurugi, then the album kind of slips into this 'filler' feel (same was also released as a single, but frankly, the song is a mess at best, and the laughable video doesn't help). blah blah blah, then come CHOU and TSUKI, and then i can't even really remember what else was on there. it droned on and on, and i can't even say it at least had good lives (megu ni aetara kicked the hell out of tour of the dragon.)
as for amcits, the album seemed rather experimental. maybe tenryu's relative success brought on this thought that koe alone would be able to push the album far enouth to still be profitable, because on a lot of the tracks it almost felt like she wasn't even really putting herself into it. the album version of hisui couldn't hold a candle to the single (which says pretty terrible things, considering the single version was a yawnfest at best), and idea was just a downright bad song. all those thrashy rock tracks just made me think of tom panks, then you had koe and kakan as the moody songs, which only left stone, satoumizu, and hakase to kujaku to leave an impression on me. and even satoumizu had a handicap, as i've a weakness for waltz time. additionally, i only managed to find a single idea live for this album, and my bias against the song in the first place really prevented me from judging it fairly.

sharon stones and meg & lion both held a lot of variation. each track was unique and could hold itself up on its own. tenryu was bland, and amcits was disappointing. i've high hopes for her five singles, but i'll hold my expectations low until they come in, sometime within the next two weeks.

i really wish most people who say 'i love tsukiko amano' didn't mean 'i love chou and/or koe.'

Last edited by Rainmaker; 29th May 2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 29th May 2006, 11:35 PM
SEASONS Initiate

hmm i just found out about Tsukiko's music.. i've heard the songs from Fatal frame and i love the songs( also the games) but i was wondering if someone could upload a single or album showing her true self... and if you are kind could someone upload Koe single or just the song...

ok that was the request x_x
i do like the new PV i think its good Utakata has an amazing chorus and Karasu just rocks! i like her style.. and i would like to know more about her music before i buy any single or albums from her

AHS:
"BWAAAAAH your siggy made me cry "

Me:

Last edited by mishidabo; 29th May 2006 at 11:39 PM.
Old 30th May 2006, 12:20 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker

buzzuh? its pretty much universally agreed upon in the fan community that tenryu and amcits are her two weakest albums.
on tenryu (hands down her worst album), chou and tsuki were pretty much the only tracks could stand on their own (rightfully so, as they were singles). unfortunately, they were placed right after one another, so you kind of have a good start with tsurugi, then the album kind of slips into this 'filler' feel (same was also released as a single, but frankly, the song is a mess at best, and the laughable video doesn't help). blah blah blah, then come CHOU and TSUKI, and then i can't even really remember what else was on there. it droned on and on, and i can't even say it at least had good lives (megu ni aetara kicked the hell out of tour of the dragon.)
as for amcits, the album seemed rather experimental. maybe tenryu's relative success brought on this thought that koe alone would be able to push the album far enouth to still be profitable, because on a lot of the tracks it almost felt like she wasn't even really putting herself into it. the album version of hisui couldn't hold a candle to the single (which says pretty terrible things, considering the single version was a yawnfest at best), and idea was just a downright bad song. all those thrashy rock tracks just made me think of tom panks, then you had koe and kakan as the moody songs, which only left stone, satoumizu, and hakase to kujaku to leave an impression on me. and even satoumizu had a handicap, as i've a weakness for waltz time. additionally, i only managed to find a single idea live for this album, and my bias against the song in the first place really prevented me from judging it fairly.

sharon stones and meg & lion both held a lot of variation. each track was unique and could hold itself up on its own. tenryu was bland, and amcits was disappointing. i've high hopes for her five singles, but i'll hold my expectations low until they come in, sometime within the next two weeks.

i really wish most people who say 'i love tsukiko amano' didn't mean 'i love chou and/or koe.'
People can like what they want.. you don't own her.. O_o;
Old 30th May 2006, 12:29 AM
Startin' Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker

*shrugs* I've heard all her albums, and I like those two the best. To me, they leave the best impressions, and not Meg & Lion or Sharon Stones. Yes, they have great songs too, but I like the songs from Tenryu and A Moon Child in the Sky more.

And yes, I will be the first to say that Chou is my favorite song by her. (But not Koe...I still don't like that song much) Although I wasn't very thrilled by the PV. I think, from the ones I've seen, that the Same PV is my favorite, although BG is really good as well. (I've only seen about half of her PVs.)
Old 30th May 2006, 03:30 AM
I am... Initiate

From all i've heard from tsukiko (a couple of songs) i can say that she has potential for being one of my fav singers ^_^

"Ningyo" is one of my current fav songs d^_^b
Old 30th May 2006, 03:19 PM
July 1st Initiate

I think many of us here appreciate her for her music other than Chou and Koe! Which of course many of us know because of the Fatal Frame series but yup, Chou just happens to be one of the best songs ever from her in my opinion!

I wonder when the PVs of the other singles she's releasing is going to be shown. I quite like the concept of the PVs for the moment, the different doors and merging the different entities of different singles together (like the Karasu Amano meeting the Chaos Amano and the presence of the red balloon)
Old 1st June 2006, 01:42 AM
July 1st Initiate

Her limited edition website has been updated! Check it out!
Old 11th June 2006, 02:45 PM
July 1st Initiate

(OH MY, I'm triple posting!)

Now that the 5 singles have been made available for download, what do you guys have to say about them?

I personally thought Karasu was the strongest single. I loved both the A-side and B-side! Amazing! Overall, the 5 singles all were quality songs I thought but Karasu stood out the most followed by Utakata. I expected more of a rocker in Konoton -chaos- but it wasn't as rockish as I thought it would be though. Still, great singles from Tsukiko, they're definitely worth an album!
Old 11th June 2006, 02:50 PM
MY STORY Classical Initiate

I enjoyed the new singles alot, both A-sides and B-sides, there wasn't really a difference in quality between the two. Hopefully they'll be made available for purchase in a more convenient form in the future.

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 2nd July 2006, 07:47 PM
glitter Initiate

I've recently re-gotten into her but I'm surprised to see such a small fanbase for her.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 3rd July 2006, 04:44 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hm.. Rainmaker seems a bit rude.. then again, that usually happens with artists with such a small fanbase.

"its pretty much universally agreed upon in the fan community that tenryu and amcits are her two weakest albums."
That doesn't mean other people can't like them. If you always try to shove the "fan community"'s opinion on new fans, you'll just alienate them...

ありがとう^destiny_ayu^あなたはすごいだから。。。 僕は元気です!

Well thought opinion is much better than nonsense words.
So I am try my best to make my posts of quality.

(I'm sorry for my not good English~ if I hurt feelings I don't mean to.)

Old 3rd July 2006, 11:40 AM
July 1st Initiate

Oh my Nevada! Welcome to the forums but your posts count per day is just INSANE! It's currently 90.19! Geez, I hope I had the endurance to post as much as you!
Old 3rd July 2006, 12:02 PM
glitter Initiate

Hmm.. so I've just listened to the 5 singles and I have to say I loved Karasu best. It's so powerful and catchy. Which was your favourite single out of all them? ^^

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 3rd July 2006, 12:31 PM
Will Initiate

Can someone upload those 5 single? I'm interested but have heard any.

Rainmaker You're like saying "I love Koda Kumi" = "I love real Emotion & 1000 Words" in 2003-2004 period.