Opinions on Party Queen covers? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st March 2012, 02:59 AM
xLitax

LMAO I'm assuming a lot of you have never seen sexy photos before if you consider this trashy.
Old 1st March 2012, 03:03 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I. love. it.

Except for the one where she's holding the thing up. Even though her boobs look so good. Her arms seem weird, and her facial expression is yuck.

But the HQs might fix those issues.

omg. I still cant believe these happened

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 1st March 2012, 04:03 AM
fairyland Initiate

I dislike the covers because they look cheap. With the concept and the true meaning behind them they had so much potential. And I will accept any reason for Ayu to look sexy, but I just don't like how she looks here.

Old 1st March 2012, 04:23 AM
Secret Initiate

CD and CD+DVD are cute as heck. It's the on-all-fours I don't like. I, I just can't comprehend Ayu being "super sexy," if you wanna call it that.
Old 1st March 2012, 04:52 AM
fairyland Initiate

i don't mind them. they're not her best, not her worst. & that's it. LOL.

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 1st March 2012, 05:30 AM
Initiate

i love these covers... the last great album cover was her falling out of bed my story cover.
Old 1st March 2012, 05:34 AM
No way to say Initiate

Another disappointment from Ayu... Disappointment Queen.
Old 1st March 2012, 05:37 AM
Pray H-Initiate

Do we really need two polls/threads on opinions on the covers? Just saying, we might want to merge them or something.

I'm not too impressed with that random strip of leather print or the very uninspiring font. And some of the poses are just awful. She looks so static, almost like a mannequin in the CD only. And just exactly how many arms/elbows does she have in the CD+DVD version? It may be some object that she's holding, but it looks weird, at least in this thumbnail. All of the pictures have potential, but little things are ruining them. And Idk if it makes me a prude, but I don't want to be staring at her ass whenever I pulled out my CD+2DVD ver. Seriously, what's up with that? It looks like a japanese gravure shot. No, I was hoping for something slightly more artistic and well put together than these "the day after" shots. They are very close to a disaster. They will of course looks slightly better in large, HQ versions, they always do. But I don't like them.

I don't have a problem with lesser clothing and poses that shows of her body, but it's just done in such a hideous and weird-looking way.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 1st March 2012, 07:46 AM
July 1st Initiate

In a series of tweets last night she explained

- that the covers have meanings behind them (and that you'll have to see it firsthand to grasp them)
- that the ayu on the covers looks really sad (and that makes her love the covers) and that she doesn't want "2 b a Party queen".
- that the ayu on the covers are still "in the cage like Duty, or went back?!"
- that indeed the covers are tabloid magazine parodies

As expected of her; there's a "reason" behind the "tackiness" of those covers.
Old 1st March 2012, 07:58 AM
poker face Initiate

At first I was shocked like everyone else, with my eyes wide open, thinking "really, those pics?! album covers"... and one of them looks like an old picture from a magazine.

But somehow, looking at them again, they kind of have the feeling, of early 70"s movies, or like Lady GaGa's "Telephone" PV or like Robert Rodriguez movie "Planet Terror", if they aim at Low budget, Cheap Looking...well they got it right.

I love classy Ayu, but I have to give credit for the WOW factor, those cover knock me of my chair
Old 1st March 2012, 08:06 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
In a series of tweets last night she explained

- that the covers have meanings behind them (and that you'll have to see it firsthand to grasp them)
- that the ayu on the covers looks really sad (and that makes her love the covers) and that she doesn't want "2 b a Party queen".
- that the ayu on the covers are still "in the cage like Duty, or went back?!"
- that indeed the covers are tabloid magazine parodies

As expected of her; there's a "reason" behind the "tackiness" of those covers.
Yes yes I get that. But I still don't think they are qualified for a cover. There is just too much tackiness going on there. The idea is good, but the execution somewhat failed. For me. I'm glad to hear that many of you love them. But I can't. I would have liked to see something more artistic and playfull with the whole idea she wanted to go with.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 1st March 2012, 10:25 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
People need to get over it. Seriously. These are the covers. Doesn't the music really matter here? And as it was explained already, there is a deeper meaning behind these covers. I absolutely LOVE the covers. Ayu looks good, and you can tell there's a hint of sadness behind her smile.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 1st March 2012, 10:34 AM
Pray H-Initiate

^
You're absolutely right, people need to get over it. They need to get over the fact that some users say "I don't like it" without it translating into "I hate everything she does, screw this album". Deeper meaning or not, some think they look crap, and that's that.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 1st March 2012, 11:03 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
People need to get over it. Seriously. These are the covers. Doesn't the music really matter here? And as it was explained already, there is a deeper meaning behind these covers. I absolutely LOVE the covers. Ayu looks good, and you can tell there's a hint of sadness behind her smile.
We have no music yet.

And the preview of Party Queen the song and the digital single HBYA are not helping right now. So indeed, the music does not need to matter here.
And besides, when it only should matter about the music. WHY these covers then?

Incredible that you see a hint of sadness behind her smile. Because I obviously do not. Is it because of the covers are so ... party/happy looking, there simply must be some kind of sadness in it?

After all I am waiting til the album will release Then we will see if music will matter yes or no. But a cover is actually the first impression you get from an album. I am not sure there is really a specific need to tell a whole complicated story. The story itself is in her lyrics and words, but covers eh... you see what kind of fuss it created on AHS. I do not know, but there was a certain point in her life she didn't need to make covers that already told the story a little. I kind of feel we try to look for hidden meanings, while they are actually... made up. I cannot smell there is a sad looking party queen on a photograph. It is a picture, not a video. If you want to put one whole story into one picture, there is actual a need to make the story line a bit more obvious or typical. Unless you love sophisticated hidden meanings, of course.

I do not say it does not make sense what Ayu tweeted, but I honestly do not really believe that anyone else would have come up with the idea she was sad. Thank God she uses twitter. But it was great some of us guessed an tabloid magazine which appeared to be true.

I am more than curious how well her album will sell. 3 weeks 'til release. Yay!

Old 1st March 2012, 11:15 AM
Real me Initiate

^well, like Ayu said, it only matters if it makes HER happy.

tumblr

Old 1st March 2012, 11:47 AM
Heartplace Initiate

I'm very disappointed with these covers, especially with the CD+3DVD-cover!

I was already getting used to the name of the album (even though I hate it!) but then I saw these covers.
They could have done so much with the concept of "Party Queen". Maybe a mix of "Lady Dynamite" and "Sexy Little Things". Even though those two PVs were totally crazy and weird, they were still very well done and Ayu kept it classy!

I really miss old Ayu and I think I lost her somewhere between "NEXT LEVEL" and "Rock*n*Roll Circus".
I miss her artistic PVs (like "Dearest", "No way to say" and "ourselves"), I miss the days when she looked natural in Photoshootings and not like a doll and I miss the days when she was not trying to become somebody else. I loved how she re-created herself for every new release, but since some time it feels like the "old Ayu", the Ayu I started to love in the "I am..."-era, is drifting further and further away from me and that makes me incredibly sad!

I still have hope for the songs and the PVs, but not too much, to be honest, because I don't feel "Party queen" and "How beautiful you are" at all.

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Old 1st March 2012, 11:54 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
The CD+2DVD one is like 150x150 - we can't really see what's going on with her face.

If she's got tears running down her face then I'll call it better executed than I thought, but most of us would look at the pics and think she looks more like she's trying to smile because she's been holding the pose for 5 minutes and is starting to get bored. She looks more Paris Hilton in the CD+DVD, although the CD Only is starting to not look so bad, it's still a poor look for a cover.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 1st March 2012, 12:24 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Why do people who don't go crazy over every Ayu-release need to get over it each time? Why can't we just discuss it?

And sorry, but I don't see the deeper meaning behind these covers (and yes! I read Ayu's tweets!).
If Ayu really wanted to show the loneliness and sadness of a "Queen" or of people who are in the spotlight, then why not show these on the covers?

Why not surrounding here with a group of people, who are partying and having fun, but she is sitting in the crowd alone and crying (a mix of "Don't look back" and "Sweet Season")? This concept would have been a total contrast to the album title and would have shocked people, but in a positive way. Like this they could have started thinking: "Mhm, yes, maybe famous people feel lonely too!"

But they went for the most obvious concept when you hear the words "Party Queen": fun, party, alcohol and gorgeous people.

And she doesn't look unhappy or anything on these covers. Maybe in the CD+2DVD-cover, because we can't see her face very well on this small cover, but she looks perfectly happy to me on the other two covers!

And also the song "Party queen" doesn't speak of sadness or anything! The lyrics are all about party and getting drunk!!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Last edited by Midori-chan; 1st March 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:29 PM
too late Initiate

Honestly, if Ayu didn't mention that these covers were meant to be sad, I doubt ANYONE would see it.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:38 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
Why not surrounding here with a group of people, who are partying and having fun, but she is sitting in the crowd alone and crying (a mix of "Don't look back" and "Sweet Season")? This concept would have been a total contrast to the album title and would have shocked people, but in a positive way. Like this they could have started thinking: "Mhm, yes, maybe famous people feel lonely too!"
Spoiler:

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, cover, part queen, party queen