[Namie Amuro] The 101st Thread - WE ♥ NAMIE FOREVER - - Page 22 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2019, 01:31 AM
Initiate

^ yes. It’s very unfortunate. I copied Namie and Ayu’s singing techniques for long enough that I developed some bad habits and I’ve been lectured over and over how important is to unlearn and develop good habits to avoid major damage. It’s a shame that Avex didn’t hire coaches that stressed this because it’s the key to sounding good in the long run. Short cuts and cheats only work for so long, as we’re starting to see now with all of them.
Old 22nd January 2019, 02:42 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJames View Post
Despite having to leave her fans behind, Namie is happy that she was still able to retire in a “good” state, and doesn’t have regrets with how she handled her 25 year career.
>> https://aramajapan.com/news/reason-f...l-cords/94914/

for me, dropping the live band is her worst idea, band can adjust music key according her voice status, recorded music doesn't.

i think the reason her vocal getting bad cause she tour so much, recording new track/album frequently (and most of them are fast track), dance almost every songs in tour, she just doesn't let her voice/herself rest in better status.
For me she was pretty smart by dropping the live band. Her eletronic music wasn't a reason because past<FUTURE is probably her most eletronic/experimental album and they were able to put that live.
But, if you guys pay attention, Namie used A LOT of vocal base and for every tour, she had at least one or two songs entirely playback. Live band would make the playback pretty obvious.. and if they adjust the key to fit her voice, the songs wouldn't sound the same unless she did remix versions like LS2011 that was the first tour when she already had vocal problems.. but it's my opinion

About her screaming phrases, come on guys: Namie NEVER interacts on her shows, ROCK U is the best example: both past<FUTURE Tour and LS2011, it's the only song that she shouts to the fandom.. just like Every Woman on LIVEGENIC.. and that's why, for many fans, it's the best performances from those tours.
Except for Do it For Love (unnecessary song), for me she never did unnecessary 'screams' during her tours.. it's like one or two per show and just it :\
Old 22nd January 2019, 03:34 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddypii View Post

About her screaming phrases, come on guys: Namie NEVER interacts on her shows, ROCK U is the best example: both past<FUTURE Tour and LS2011, it's the only song that she shouts to the fandom.. just like Every Woman on LIVEGENIC.. and that's why, for many fans, it's the best performances from those tours.
Except for Do it For Love (unnecessary song), for me she never did unnecessary 'screams' during her tours.. it's like one or two per show and just it :\
I agree with you. It’s ok to scream to the fans a little during the concert. The interaction is good. I’m talking just from a physical perspective, she has certain songs where she has to scream to hit some of the high notes, not for audience interaction but to hit the note, and it’s physical wear and tear on the vocal chords. I hear your point about the band and playback...but having the band is incentive not to use playback ;p I think it adds to the show to have them but it’s just preference when it comes down to it. I like when Namie screams and does crowd interactions, but any screaming, even just a bit for crowd interaction physically wears on the vocal chords.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 22nd January 2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old 23rd January 2019, 07:21 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
^ yes. It’s very unfortunate. I copied Namie and Ayu’s singing techniques for long enough that I developed some bad habits and I’ve been lectured over and over how important is to unlearn and develop good habits to avoid major damage. It’s a shame that Avex didn’t hire coaches that stressed this because it’s the key to sounding good in the long run. Short cuts and cheats only work for so long, as we’re starting to see now with all of them.
A lot of the times it's used to give the singer a distinctive voice. People complaining Ayu sounds bad even when she is actually singing well enough because she is not singing the totally unhealthy way she did back in the begining is a major example.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 23rd January 2019, 11:57 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I saw these two pretty things in Nakano the other week:

Spoiler:

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 24th January 2019, 06:38 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
A lot of the times it's used to give the singer a distinctive voice. People complaining Ayu sounds bad even when she is actually singing well enough because she is not singing the totally unhealthy way she did back in the begining is a major example.
Yeah. Like I said, It's unfortunate that Avex/labels did that to these singers. Sounding unique/different/interesting or at least very engaging is important, you have to catch the attention or nobody will pay any attention to your work. It's just a shame they didn't help artists do it in the proper way, because now we're seeing the results of how 20+ years of bad technique (though to be fair it wasn't bad the whole time, but once you get an injury if you don't give it enough time or it doesn't heal properly you're just making it worse and you'll have even more problems later on.)

I don't even know if they realized what they were doing at the time, I certainly didn't know what I was doing when I was copying these styles. I just liked how they sounded and I tried to sound the same by studying and watching and replicating what they were doing physically, and it was not a good idea. But most people don't think about it like that until it's explained how damaging it could potentially be, if not now then later on.
Old 24th January 2019, 09:39 AM
Initiate

Here's the full NHK interview, for anyone that wants to watch it

Old 24th January 2019, 02:48 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haraiso View Post
Here's the full NHK interview, for anyone that wants to watch it

OMG it looks so interesting!! I wish I could understand ;-;
Old 29th January 2019, 06:18 AM
from your letter Initiate

Random/not so random thought but do you think that they will re-release the archive book? I've come to the realization that I was a complete dipsh*t and should have gotten it. MAJOR LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT.
Old 29th January 2019, 06:56 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomiko8 View Post
Random/not so random thought but do you think that they will re-release the archive book? I've come to the realization that I was a complete dipsh*t and should have gotten it. MAJOR LAPSE IN JUDGEMENT.
I just checked, you can buy them still on Amazon Japan https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb...12483;ト
You can click the link or just search 安室奈美恵パンフレット on Amazon Japan

Last edited by AJFmzk; 29th January 2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 29th January 2019, 07:27 AM
rainy day Initiate

FEEL is really THAT album. Damn, it's so good. I can't get over how good it is. No weak tracks in sight... okay maybe I'm not too hot on Poison. But damn, what an amazing album.
Old 30th January 2019, 02:32 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
I just checked, you can buy them still on Amazon Japan https://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb...12483;ト
You can click the link or just search 安室奈美恵パンフレット on Amazon Japan

Thanks for this!
Old 30th January 2019, 07:21 AM
Initiate

^ no problem
Old 30th January 2019, 11:46 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Even in retirement Namie is a trendsetter...

Anyone else feel like Arashi's surprise announcement to go on hiatus was influenced by Namie's retirement? Their reasons sound very similar in this article.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhkn...popstararashi/
Old 30th January 2019, 12:52 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe. View Post

Anyone else feel like Arashi's surprise announcement to go on hiatus was influenced by Namie's retirement? Their reasons sound very similar in this article.

I personally feel ARASHI's impending hiatus was not influenced with Namie's retirement . Leader Ohno Satoshi felt burnt out & it 1st happened 10 years ago during ARASHI's 10th anniversary

And all 5 ARASHI members have been in the industry for so long when they were Johnny Juniors which was way before their official debut in 1999 at Hawaii so I can understand why Ohno said he want to step away from the entertainment world to do things that a normal person can do

At 1st Ohno wanted to outright quit ARASHI + leave Johnnys & Associates , just like what happened to ex Kanjani∞'s Subaru which he left last year after being in J&A for more than 25 years , but the rest of ARASHI eventually all came to a compromise with Ohno

Being an ARASHI & other Johnnys fan for a very long time , this's a lousy feeling . It's not a good thing especially seeing other Johnnys groups losing members over the last few years due to a wide variety of reasons but it beats the worst which's outright disbandment like what happened to SMAP and Tackey & Tsubasa

When Sakurai Sho came here years ago , he was able to go & do things a normal tourist would do and when he visited some attractions here , nobody either knew who he was or even if they did , they let him be as it's cos he can't do such things if he's in Japan

I supposed after Ohno saw Subaru's decision to leave both Kanjani∞ & the agency last year , that more or less set the tone in him following Subaru's footsteps but Ohno already decided about it way back in June 2017

Anyway , ARASHI's impending hiatus end of 2020 ain't a disbandment , MatsuJun already made that statement very clear during last Sun's emergency staged press conference

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 30th January 2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 4th February 2019, 12:41 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Their lives must be so exhausting. I totally understand famous people that go on hiatus or retirement.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 4th February 2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
Their lives must be so exhausting. I totally understand famous people that go on hiatus or retirement.
Oh yeah , they also do things non music related so you can imagine how at times being a Johnny is not as glamorous as it seems

For them to increase their 20th anniversary tour from 12 dates to 50 dates , at least the reason why that's done has been revealed

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 4th February 2019, 09:52 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
FEEL is really THAT album. Damn, it's so good. I can't get over how good it is. No weak tracks in sight... okay maybe I'm not too hot on Poison. But damn, what an amazing album.
Let Me Let You Go for me is her worst ballad by far.. I just can't listen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe. View Post

I do.. they announcing it almost 2 years ahead and making huge buzz about it... and I'm 100% sure they will release an ALL TIME BEST album too.
I know they must be tired and really want to live their lives and they deserve to, but doing this, at this time, just ahead of the Olympic games, yes, they must thank Namie for that.
Old 4th February 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I do.. they announcing it almost 2 years ahead and making huge buzz about it... and I'm 100% sure they will release an ALL TIME BEST album too.
I know they must be tired and really want to live their lives and they deserve to, but doing this, at this time, just ahead of the Olympic games, yes, they must thank Namie for that.
MatsuJun said at the emergency press conference that yes they will release a new best album & PV video collection this year as it has been 10 years since they last released both in 2009

Also , the Johnnys fandom are quite crazy & they're not to be trifled with . At least ARASHI gave fans ample amount of heads up time on this , I frankly can't imagine how it will be if they announce it AFTER they finished their 20th anniversary tour , that will be a lot more worst

And they have a lot of stake on the line so I'm sure when they go on hiatus , the numerous variety shows they host , their endorsements , drama/movie dealings will all be affected to some extent group wise

MatsuJun honestly should just go get married when the whole group go on hiatus , it's LONG overdue for this to happen , especially since he has been in a relationship for more than 15 years already o_O

Last edited by KarenPang; 4th February 2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 4th February 2019, 10:17 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Let Me Let You Go for me is her worst ballad by far.. I just can't listen to it.
Have you ever heard the album version of think of me? I found it was pretty much a trainwreck.

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Closed Thread

Tags
namie amuro