You were.../BALLAD information thread [II] - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st November 2009, 02:33 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Is it really wrong of me to feel like Ayu is flicking us non TA members off? Like they're getting songs dedicated to her, NEXT LEVEL was inspired by their support, and whenever she thanks her fans, she doesn't -she thanks the TA members. And now, a part in a song title? She must know, that she has got international fans by this point, and I adore and support her, even though I am no TA member.

I hate that club, I don't feel like I need to pay out extra to call myself a "true-Ayu-fan" and get a lil' badge and some extras. I buy her albums, tell everyone how much her music means to me, and I respect her. I feel like she does not care in the least for her non-TA member fans.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 1st November 2009, 02:41 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post
Is it really wrong of me to feel like Ayu is flicking us non TA members off? Like they're getting songs dedicated to her, NEXT LEVEL was inspired by their support, and whenever she thanks her fans, she doesn't -she thanks the TA members. And now, a part in a song title? She must know, that she has got international fans by this point, and I adore and support her, even though I am no TA member.

I hate that club, I don't feel like I need to pay out extra to call myself a "true-Ayu-fan" and get a lil' badge and some extras. I buy her albums, tell everyone how much her music means to me, and I respect her. I feel like she does not care in the least for her non-TA member fans.
Well lately I've been feeling like well.. she hasn't really been thinking about her fanbase but more about the people who surround her I mean she's happy to close herself off from the rest of the entertainment world by always using the same dancers and same photographer/director for every single thing she does.

And she talks about TA as if her fanbase is based ONLY there because she's always bragging about them. Which I think she's being rather closed minded. No offense to any fan but I'm sad to say but lately she's sounding self-centered and spoiled, as if she's ignoring the rest of the world. Which is sad when in the past she was so down to earth and I loved her honest.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 1st November 2009, 02:55 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^ I agree. But maybe she enjoys that tight knit community. Maybe she feels an international team ayu wouldn't do well or something. I bet she doesn't even realize she has as many fans as she does. ^^

still annoyed about that red line song. I would have liked it if it were like "Red line ~dedication to my fans" or "~thank you ayumi supporters~" or something, but no. lets just thank team ayu cause they're apparently the only supporters you have.

keep this up and they will be. >.>
Old 1st November 2009, 03:05 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk View Post
Well lately I've been feeling like well.. she hasn't really been thinking about her fanbase but more about the people who surround her I mean she's happy to close herself off from the rest of the entertainment world by always using the same dancers and same photographer/director for every single thing she does.

And she talks about TA as if her fanbase is based ONLY there because she's always bragging about them. Which I think she's being rather closed minded. No offense to any fan but I'm sad to say but lately she's sounding self-centered and spoiled, as if she's ignoring the rest of the world. Which is sad when in the past she was so down to earth and I loved her honest.
In Japan, if you like an artist, and you are a fan of the artist, you will most likely enter the group of the artist, for example TA. For example, usually, TA people can read the diary, and read some new news that no one else can read, and they are supposed to be the only ones who can read the diary, which is her deepest inner thoughts. She would feel connection with them, because they write to her, read her thoughts, and accept her, so she wants to thank them for that.

I dont really know how this makes her selfish or spoiled, because I think thats a great thing for her to do. She doesnt want fame as she said before, so its very logical that she doesnt seek out the entire entertainment world to be her fans.

You have to think about it in sort of Japanese cultural concepts. If you love an artist in Japan, you should join their fanclub, because when you joining, you become part of a very large group who love the same thing, and Japanese loves groups for the most part, and sharing their hobbies.
Old 1st November 2009, 03:07 PM
Who... Initiate

^^-Or then just "Red Line" and a "this song is dedicated to Team Ayu" text somewhere in the credits of the single or something. Since I guess the song isn't really especially written for TA but they encouraged her to add one more song? (at least I hope that's the way it is -_-)

..or just Red Line ~thank you~..

@maikaru: buuut... She's very aware of her other fans at least in Asia, isn't she?

But yeah, I don't have a huge problem with the ~for TA~ as long as the song's lyrics aren't like... "Whenever I'm down.... You send me messages and a tear falls down my cheek... You are my heart's reason to live.... Lalalalaa Team Ayu... Woah yeah Team Ayuuu..."

BRILLIANCE

Last edited by Not~Yet; 1st November 2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 1st November 2009, 03:11 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
In Japan, if you like an artist, and you are a fan of the artist, you will most likely enter the group of the artist, for example TA. For example, usually, TA people can read the diary, and read some new news that no one else can read, and they are supposed to be the only ones who can read the diary, which is her deepest inner thoughts. She would feel connection with them, because they write to her, read her thoughts, and accept her, so she wants to thank them for that.

I dont really know how this makes her selfish or spoiled, because I think thats a great thing for her to do. She doesnt want fame as she said before, so its very logical that she doesnt seek out the entire entertainment world to be her fans.

You have to think about it in sort of Japanese cultural concepts. If you love an artist in Japan, you should join their fanclub, because when you joining, you become part of a very large group who love the same thing, and Japanese loves groups for the most part, and sharing their hobbies.
Sure. Of course there's a special connection, I've always felt that, and that is fine. But I am still a fan, and just as much as any TA member, I dare say But her never even mentioning her "regular" fans, makes me feel like I am not even wanted, or giving her any support. That's what I meant.

Old 1st November 2009, 03:20 PM
Who... Initiate

Oh and I just remembered, to add to her Asia Tours... When she filmed MW in Paris she met her European fans too, right? So she must be very aware that there's tons of fans outside of TA.

BRILLIANCE

Old 1st November 2009, 03:24 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:

I don't feel that way at all. If you're a fan in Japan you're probably a fanclub member. (If there are 70.000 like someone said before, we can assume that is her mainfanbase) And Ayu is a japanese singer, singing songs in Japan. I just don't think her foreign fanbase is big enough. You can actually see that when we do this album count thing here. We get about 300 sales for an album for example. That's nothing.

Well, what I actually wanted to say is this: Ayu can dedicate the song to whoever she wants. I don't feel left out at all if some song is not dedicated to me or only to a specific group. It is her fanclub. I think it's great she made a song for them, even though I'm not a member. (and let's not forget it is not an A-Track on the single) We can also listen to it and like it, even if it's not specifically for us. I still like HONEY even though it was made for her boyfriend back then. But everybody feels different about this, I think.

It's just that I don't really care and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm just happy I get to listen to one more Ayu Tune - the rest doesn't matter. Well, it would make me sad if she did a song for TA and post it only there so that others wouldn't be able to listen to it. That would make me sad, I think. But like this...everybody gets the chance to hear and hate/like it.

Last edited by Mai82Go; 1st November 2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 1st November 2009, 03:28 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I hope there won't be like 50 pages of "OMG I am so jealous of TA, I deserve it too!!! God I also buy her stuff and support her!!!!! Why is avex so stupid and selfish!!!"

It's like a[knot] for Dir en grey. Only japanese fans can get some limited things and news. Everyone wants an international TA, but it's not like you're going to die if they don't open TA for other countries too. It's not so easy to translate, arrange everything. Maybe they don't have time or they simply want it to be limited. I see nothing wrong about that. I don't need her diaries, blankets and towels. I anyway can get all translations and things on internet. But it would be cool to have it in Europe.

Also, there are other ways of getting into TA even if you're not in Japan
Old 1st November 2009, 03:32 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:

I hate that club, I don't feel like I need to pay out extra to call myself a "true-Ayu-fan" and get a lil' badge and some extras. I buy her albums, tell everyone how much her music means to me, and I respect her.
i kind of agree. weren't the TA members in the S/S PV's too? she only allowed TA members right? lame. i just want to fit in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
I hope there won't be like 50 pages of "OMG I am so jealous of TA, I deserve it too!!! God I also buy her stuff and support her!!!!! Why is avex so stupid and selfish!!!"
but i am jealous. and i feel like i deserve a fleece blanket. and a pair of those cool stylish S/S flip flops

Last edited by love in music; 1st November 2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 1st November 2009, 03:36 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Which was absolutely not what I said, if that's what you mean.
I am getting tired of the constant mentioning of the TA, while I never hear her even mentioning the regular members.
Anyway, that's just how I feel.

Old 1st November 2009, 03:40 PM
CAROLS Initiate

@identity oh I'm sure you'll be able to get them on net, or at least similar almost everything they get, we get later translated/edited, because there is always someone from TA who makes a scans and photos. It's not a big deal, but I'm the one who can't understand that because I'm not a hard-die fan. I just wish one day I'll be able to buy some older albums even then they'll be of no use...

@Kanzaki88 I was not reffering to you, but to everyone ^^
Old 1st November 2009, 03:41 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
i kind of agree. weren't the TA members in the S/S PV's too? she only allowed TA members right? lame. i just want to fit in
And what was with Beautiful Fighters PV? She casted a ton of European ppl for it, I donīt think many TA members fit that category.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 1st November 2009, 04:20 PM
count down Initiate

well the TA is ALL thing started a while after the GUILTY era... I don't want to sound rude, but I feel like she's depending emotionally wayyyy too much on TA to get past her traumas in 2007 (break-up, friend's death, ear)... there's nothing wrong in showing appreciation but I feel she's as if showing that she is where she is because of TA, which is true to a certain extent, but I don't really think it's healthy when you build your emotional health on something else.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 1st November 2009, 04:21 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post

Sure, I know that but somehow for Ayu it seems more like it's an exclusive club. I don't see other artists doing a lot of stuff just for the fanclub only or dedicating stuff just for her fanclub. Why does she have to dedicate her song just to TA? Ayu knows she has a lot of international fans because of her Asian tours so the least she could do was to dedicate the song to all her fans.

It always feels like non-TA fans are second-class fans, and that is a bit selfish on her part. I'm sure they are close to her but in the past it seemed like she was more willing to connect with any fans of hers, even non-TA ones. Lately a load of songs are just for TA and she'll only feature her TA fans and her annoying dancers.

Well I think she is being spoiled lately and doesn't seem like she wants to put much effort. If she doesn't want fame she shouldn't have become an artist, fame is a byproduct. I wonder how many high-budget pvs and "inspiration" holidays she would get from avex if she wasn't famous. And she should experiment with other people to produce something fresh unless she wants to reproduce the same old stale material over and over.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Last edited by Raleigh; 1st November 2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 1st November 2009, 04:37 PM
Two of us Initiate

I don't think we should interpret Red Line as just for the official TA. Because, by being her fans and supporting her in the small ways we can, aren't we part of a Team Ayu? Couldn't we interpret it as a thank-you to her fanbase and not just the fanclub?

I think Ayu is well aware of her other fans and their support and I don't think she's saying "TA" to be malicious. To say "~for my fans~" doesn't have quite the same ring, right? Calling it a team makes it seem really close knit, like everyone is supporting each other, not just Ayu. Saying "fans" gives the impression of thousands of people alone (in comparison).

Even if I'm not part of the fanclub, I can think of myself as "Team Ayu", because that's the "team" that I support. I'm not "Team Hikki" or "Team Kuu". I'm Team Ayu!

Well, that's how I feel. I think I can enjoy the song better if I think of it in this way, rather than, "Well, this song isn't for me."
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, you were.../ballad